Debian Package for 1.1.13

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tvynr

Debian Package for 1.1.13

Post by tvynr »

Hello, all. Does anyone know whether or not there's going to be a Debian package for 1.1.13? Usually, the Debian package comes out the same day or the next as the release, but as of today it's been eleven days and there's still no sign of the package yet in the repos.

Is Isaac Clerencia part of the team here or just the Debian package maintainer? I'm not sure if it's appropriate form to send him an e-mail about it or not.

Thanks!
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Maybe at Debian they're busy with their own next stable release...

Why don't you simply compile the game yourself if you are equipped with such a wonderful OS? :)
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Debian Package for 1.1.13

Post by Soliton »

tvynr wrote:Hello, all. Does anyone know whether or not there's going to be a Debian package for 1.1.13? Usually, the Debian package comes out the same day or the next as the release, but as of today it's been eleven days and there's still no sign of the package yet in the repos.

Is Isaac Clerencia part of the team here or just the Debian package maintainer? I'm not sure if it's appropriate form to send him an e-mail about it or not.

Thanks!
Infact he is the release manager. The package is on its way... http://packages.qa.debian.org/w/wesnoth.html
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
tvynr

Post by tvynr »

I can compile Wesnoth 1.1.13 myself. The only difficulty at hand is that I really do like the package management system and the fact that I don't have to cope with things like compilation, getting all of the development libraries, and so forth. Unfortunately, Debian's package management can get a bit behind if the package manager in question isn't responding quickly.

What would be ideal is if I could just make my own Wesnoth 1.1.13 package and install that, but I was hoping to avoid having to find out how. :) I may simply send the package maintainer an e-mail.

Thanks!
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Or grab the package from the experimental tree.