[Historical] Scenario Review: EI 18b - Weldyn Besieged

Feedback for the mainline campaign Eastern Invasion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Inky
Forum Moderator

Re: Scenario Review: EI 18b - Weldyn Besieged

Post by Inky »

Hi Loci, thanks for the reply. Some comments though:

-According to the scenario file it's actually mostly likely that Mal Ravanal is the very last lich revealed, so wouldn't it make sense to playtest that situation? There is a huge difference in difficulty between revealing Mal Ravanal as the third lich, and as the last one; I would actually say that getting lucky enough to reveal him so soon makes the scenario rather trivial.

-Enemy gold: my main difficulties were not from the +30 gold on hard difficulty but from the fact that the liches constantly got gold bonuses from either attacking them or killing them. Also there is no indication that killing the liches is bad; in fact you'd think it's the logical thing to do to prevent them from using their extra gold when you attack them.

-Dialogue: I did not see any of the dialogue you mentioned above (there's only one line from Dacyn about needing to be nearby); is it from the previous scenario maybe?
MathBrush

Re: Scenario Review: EI 18b - Weldyn Besieged

Post by MathBrush »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?
Normal
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
7. I lost all of my non-essential units in the Evacuation earlier, but it's so easy to level up units over the previous 3 scenarios that I had 2 paladins, an extra mage of light, 3 white mages, and 2-3 shock troopers by this scenario.
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Fairly clear. I didn't know what 'Mal-Ravanal will be revealed' meant'.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Very clear! Great scenario, and I liked the ending.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Trying to stall the main herd of powerful undead to give my main force time to take out some liches.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
10. It was awesome. I think it used to impossible in previous versions, but now it's just barely possible. The undead slaughtered my troops, but I fought back!
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
I think Mal Ravanal could have gotten a bigger gold burst when he appeared, but it was hard as it was.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
I save-loaded several times, but usually to change strategy instead of forcing the randomizer to save me.
Attachments
EI-Weldyn Besieged replay.gz
(48.74 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die