Scenario Review: DW 4 - Slavers

Feedback for the mainline campaign Dead Water.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

OneMisterD

Re: Scenario Review: DW 4 - Slavers

Post by OneMisterD »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

Warrior (Challenging), 1.14.11

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Great.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Didn't have enough starting gold to field all of the troops that I would've liked.

Killing leaders fast enough, taking a calmer defensive strategy wasn't a viable option since they recruited new units way too fast. Didn't have enough turns to clear them all.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

7, thematically it is very good but the difficulty of it forces your hand. It feels like the scenario is playing you more than the other way around.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

The Saurians have access to too many villages and replenish their forces too fast. It is way too hard for you to capture a hold villages with the current layout. I would remove a bit of their starting gold and move some of the villages closer to the player's starting point.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

Ran out of turns going with a steady and well defended approach, lost too many units rushing through into the top base. The only viable option seemed t to be rushing into the bottom base and immediately triggering the revolt as soon as I engaged their forces.