Flatpak 1.14 and 1.16 side by side?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Flatpak 1.14 and 1.16 side by side?

Post by Atreides »

With 1.16 coming soon I am wondering if when one runs flatpak update 1.16 will replace 1.14? So far each subversion of 1.14 has and also when you update Widelands (another game) from b21 to v 1.0 it is replaced.

So how does one keep 1.14 with flatpak?
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Re: Flatpak 1.14 and 1.16 side by side?

Post by loonycyborg »

If possible I'll make a separate branch on flathub so you would be able to revert to 1.14 wesnoth with "flatpak make-current org.wesnoth.Wesnoth 1.14" and later do "flatpak make-current org.wesnoth.Wesnoth stable" to return to latest version. Also, flatpak is capable of having multiple branches of same package installed at the same time and they could be explicitly run with "flatpak run package.name//branch".
"meh." - zookeeper
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Flatpak 1.14 and 1.16 side by side?

Post by Atreides »

loonycyborg wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 5:31 pm If possible I'll make a separate branch on flathub so you would be able to revert to 1.14 wesnoth with "flatpak make-current org.wesnoth.Wesnoth 1.14" and later do "flatpak make-current org.wesnoth.Wesnoth stable" to return to latest version. Also, flatpak is capable of having multiple branches of same package installed at the same time and they could be explicitly run with "flatpak run package.name//branch".
Will there also be a 1.16 branch for flatpak when 1.18 comes out as stable? It would be much appreciated.