Scenario 20b: Underground Channels

Feedback for the mainline campaign Heir to the Throne.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Scenario 20b: Underground Channels

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.15.0, Champion (Challenging)

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Clear. I liked the new book.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

None.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

-
Attachments
HttT-Underground Channels replay.gz
(68.74 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
whimsywink

Post by whimsywink »

Content Feedback wrote: March 11th, 2008, 3:52 pm (1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
1) "hero" - normal difficulty in version 1.12.6
2) 4
3) The objectives stated in the game were to escape (the wiki walk through had me planning to get the wose book for killing the Ancient Lich)
4) needs work as it does not exist
5) no real challenge ... just staying alive
6) 8
7) solve items 3 and 4 .. and if there IS supposed to be a wose book, make it work
8] a couple of deaths

eventually I will re-do in "Champion" mode
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Content Feedback wrote: March 11th, 2008, 3:52 pm (1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
1. Normal/Wesnoth 1.15.12+dev
2. 7/10
3. crystal clear
4. 6/10
5. Nuking that Ancient Lich. The map had way too much bad terrain and choke points so getting my Arch Mages or Delfador to him was a bit difficult.
6. 7/10
7. Better map. No one-hex-passages? Also, most of the map here is unused. I mean like almost one half of it.
8. Nah
HttT-Underground Channels replay 20210424-235927.gz
(74.55 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
lujo86

Post by lujo86 »

(1) What difficulty level and Wesnoth version have you played the scenario on?

Highest

Alright, I guess... Flaws, awkward lines and all that, but not as bad as some other places (or I wasn't paying as much attention). I'm not sure I actually got the book of Wose Lore even thought I did beat the Lich and got it mentioned, so maybe that's too easy to miss?

(5) What were your major challenges in completing the scenario?

Underestimating the Saurians and getting them beaten without losing units, tbh.

8 or 9 or something high. It looks great, it pushes you to use a variety of units in circumstances both favorable and unfavorable, and, and this is quite cool, it manages to be an underground map that doesn't let you just roll it with dwarves, while also being a water map that doesn't just roll over to high level mermen. It's like a bigger version of the Lost General, and shares it's strong points. Certainly the best "dungeon run" scenario of the campaign, IMO.

Felt like one of the better ones in the campaign, tbh. I was cheered up enough by it's strong points that I didn't think too hard about potential improvements.
Orek

Post by Orek »

Content Feedback wrote: (1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(1) Challenging (=Champion=Hardest) in 1.14.17 on permadeath
(2) 2 (20th most difficult = 4th easiest)
... [Difficult] 2, 16, 14, 4, 9, 6, 5b, 10, 13, 12, 23, 8, 7, 3, 15, 17, 19c, 22, 1, 20b, 11, 24, 18 [Easy]
(3) Vague but intentionally so
(4) Clear and interesting enough
(5) Protecting important units from invisible Shadow and Nightgaunt was challenging.
(6) 3 (19th most fun = 5th most boring)
... [Fun] 2, 1, 6, 9, 5b, 4, 16, 15, 23, 3, 12, 14, 10, 24, 13, 8, 7, 19c, 20b, 11, 17, 22, 18 [Boring]
(7) None
(8) Yes and No. Yes for the practice runs where seemingly bad strategies were tried to see if they were actually bad. No for the actual permadeath runs thanks to the practice.

YouTube Link: Run 1 Run 2 Run 3
Walkthrough: HttT walkthrough (hardest, permadeath, v1.14.17) + General campaign guides (Replays for all scenarios can be downloaded from here.)