Eastern Invasion

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ramses66

Re: Campaign: Eastern Invasion

Post by ramses66 »

I'm playing the Eastern Invasion campaign in Wesnoth 1.5.7 and am having problems on the "The Northern Outpost " scenario. When I send a unit into a village where there are bandits I get the following error message before it sends me back to the Wesnoth main menu..

"Error
The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Attempt to de-serialize a unit with no 'type' field (probably empty")

I had no problems when I visited an empty village, but have come across this message on the two other villages I have been to. (After the unit says something about there being bandits there.)

Edit: Oops. Just noticed the last post here is from the end of november. Guess maybe I should post it elsewhere.

Edit2: Thanks. I'll get the new scenario file.
Last edited by ramses66 on January 10th, 2009, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

ramses66 wrote:I'm playing the Eastern Invasion campaign in Wesnoth 1.5.7 and am having problems on the "The Northern Outpost " scenario. When I send a unit into a village where there are bandits I get the following error message before it sends me back to the Wesnoth main menu..

"Error
The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Attempt to de-serialize a unit with no 'type' field (probably empty")

I had no problems when I visited an empty village, but have come across this message on the two other villages I have been to. (After the unit says something about there being bandits there.)
That's been fixed already, it'll work right in 1.5.8. Check this thread if you want the fixed scenario file.
ramses66 wrote:Edit: Oops. Just noticed the last post here is from the end of november. Guess maybe I should post it elsewhere.
No need, this is the campaign's official thread, so this is exactly where bug reports about it should go.
ramses66

Post by ramses66 »

The bandit spawnings worked now (except that I killed the leader 3 times, after the first time he appeared he also appeared in the 2 remaining bandit encounter)

Also, there appears to be no day-night cycle, at least the picture is gone (and I have no remaining enemies to test it with).

Lastly, the scenario doesn't seem to end now with the undead leader dead (by owaec's troops) and all the villages occupied. Maybe it doesn't register the bandit leader being dead? (since he kept popping up after I first killed him I mean)

Edit: To clarify, the bandit king was absent from bandit encounters 1 and 2 (as seems to be the point from my quick look at the scenario file), but was present in encounter number 3, 4 and 5.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

ramses66 wrote:The bandit spawnings worked now (except that I killed the leader 3 times, after the first time he appeared he also appeared in the 2 remaining bandit encounter)

Also, there appears to be no day-night cycle, at least the picture is gone (and I have no remaining enemies to test it with).

Lastly, the scenario doesn't seem to end now with the undead leader dead (by owaec's troops) and all the villages occupied. Maybe it doesn't register the bandit leader being dead? (since he kept popping up after I first killed him I mean)

Edit: To clarify, the bandit king was absent from bandit encounters 1 and 2 (as seems to be the point from my quick look at the scenario file), but was present in encounter number 3, 4 and 5.
I've fixed hopefully all the bugs in that scenario (and especially in my rewrite of it...) now, here's the most current scenario file. Overwrite the old, restart Wesnoth, restart the scenario from the beginning-of-scenario save.
Attachments
05.Northern_Outpost.cfg
(20.53 KiB) Downloaded 944 times
ramses66

Post by ramses66 »

Worked like a charm now! Day-night cycle and scenario ending and all.

Unfortunately Owaec killed the undead so quick so I couldn't properly harvest bandit xp (bandit king spawned in nr 3 encounter), my fault for playing on easy! :p

Edit: Btw, the day-night cycle seems to be absent in the Xenophobia scenario.
Entrimo

Post by Entrimo »

While playing this campaign on Easy, 1.5.9, I encountered a bug on scenario 3: An Unexpected Appearance. See picture. It didn't seem to affect the gameplay, since I nothing bad has happened yet. If it is of any use, I killed the adept on turn one.

You don't need a reason to quote people.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Ah, that is because the recruitment pattern is scout,scout,fighter,figher,archer but the AI is limited to only one Vampire Bat recruit (scout usage) if the difficulty is anything besides hard. That results in the error you saw, and I am sure a developer will be able to catch and fix it.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

It is not critical to the gameplay anyway. The scenario should still play just fine.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Entrimo

Post by Entrimo »

Yep, rest of scenario worked out well. Just wanted to let you know. :)
You don't need a reason to quote people.
thesoothsayer

Post by thesoothsayer »

How do I get to Mal-Ravanal's capital? Do I need to kill the lich at the SE in Undead Border Patrol to get there?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Yes, exactly. Beware, it is an exceptionally challenging scenario.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Feufochmar

Post by Feufochmar »

I've played the Eastern Invasion with Wesnoth 1.8.0 and I've found a small bug in the "Captured" scenario. When I retrieved the units of the torture chamber, they were wounded, but after saving and reloading, they were "magically" healed.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Feufochmar wrote:I've played the Eastern Invasion with Wesnoth 1.8.0 and I've found a small bug in the "Captured" scenario. When I retrieved the units of the torture chamber, they were wounded, but after saving and reloading, they were "magically" healed.
Yeah, it's a known issue. It's not fixed yet in 1.8.1, but hopefully will be in the next release.
orthubertron

Post by orthubertron »

I'm playing this campaign on version 1.6.5, I'm on the Drowned Plains scenario and my recall list is gone. Note I didn't recall any high level units in Evacuation, just cannon fodder so my main characters could escape. So where did all my high level troops go? Has anyone else had this problem before?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

orthubertron wrote:I'm playing this campaign on version 1.6.5, I'm on the Drowned Plains scenario and my recall list is gone. Note I didn't recall any high level units in Evacuation, just cannon fodder so my main characters could escape. So where did all my high level troops go? Has anyone else had this problem before?
Non-recalled units are lost too along with everyone left on the north shore.