[Historical] Son of the Black Eye Updated!

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gus

Post by Gus »

The server seems to be up. Any chance for this to be uploaded now? =)

Thanks a bunch =)
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

No luck. Apparatly it's a problem with Wesnoth 1.1.13, or so I heard. So I bet it won't be working stabally untill 1.1.14, or 1.2 - whichever comes first. In the meantime, I'll just post it up here. I had to deleate the images folder in this upload, otherwise it would be too big, but if you have a previous version of the images then you can just use those. They are exactally the same.
Attachments
Son_Of_The_Black_Eye.zip
(78.97 KiB) Downloaded 703 times
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Gus

Post by Gus »

Too bad about the server, but i do have version 1.2, so that's cool =) Thank you!
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Sly

Post by Sly »

Taurus wrote:
Sly wrote:Seems a bug to me

Ah, talking about Clash of armies : I'm replaying this campain and I noticed that this scenario got much more difficult : there are now mermen appearing each turn !!!
That's right :-) Best of luck and have fun!
Got rid of them :)

I used almost only assassins in this scenario : poison is a must in a siège situation, both in defense and in attack :wink: , and ther defense make them really usefull. Ah and some Warlord too they have tons of HP
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Ok, I finally got 1.13 up on the server :-) Now I hope the server keeps working after this...

Sly

Post by Sly »

I'm stuck at "Civil War" beacause I can't finish the scenario : I killed the 3 orcish leaders and nothing happens when I move on the signpost

I've check the .cfg file and the game want 3 variables but I can't find them in the saved file :?

My version of SotBE is 1.2 I think
Higher Game

Post by Higher Game »

The music after the first stage doesn't work for me and I'm using 1.1.14 for Windows. I'm just on the 3rd stage now, and the lack of music is annoying. :(

EDIT: I am playing version 1.3 on the "easy" difficulty. It's much improved from the original version, in many ways. I liked the "tactical withdrawal" that ensued from trying to face the human army. :lol:

Also, the correct spelling of "compleat" is complete. :D
Krispos

Post by Krispos »

Flip on your media player. I usually listen to iTunes while I play long battles MP.
John 3:16 (NIV)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Professionals built the Titanic
Amateurs built the Ark
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Both the problems that Sly, and Higher Game reported should be fixed in SotBE version 1.3. Are you sure you have the latest version?

Higher Game

Post by Higher Game »

Well, the real 1.2 Wesnoth was just released for Windows, and I tried out the 1.3 version from the campaign server. There is still no sound on the second stage, and that's as far as I played. I even played all the music files outside of the game, and they all work properly.

My sound card is a C-Media AC97 Audio Device.
Higher Game

Post by Higher Game »

Higher Game wrote:Well, the real 1.2 Wesnoth was just released for Windows, so I am using that now, and I tried out the 1.3 version from the campaign server. There is still no sound on the second stage, and that's as far as I played. I even played all the music files outside of the game, and they all work properly.

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Higher Game wrote:Well, the real 1.2 Wesnoth was just released for Windows, and I tried out the 1.3 version from the campaign server. There is still no sound on the second stage, and that's as far as I played. I even played all the music files outside of the game, and they all work properly.

1.2 is out! Cool, didn't notice. Anyhow I checked it out and you're right, no music for some of the scenarios. It's not like that will all the later scenarios however. But it will be fixed so no worries. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sly

Post by Sly »

Taurus wrote:Both the problems that Sly, and Higher Game reported should be fixed in SotBE version 1.3. Are you sure you have the latest version?
I had 1.2 (I thought I had mentioned it :wink: )

Iv'e updated now and redone the scenario and won the campain :D

Thanks it's a very good campain Image
srhsandrew

Clash of Armies - Saurians

Post by srhsandrew »

I'm having a problem with the CoA scenario. When the map is supposed to load Inarix and his guys, it gives me this error: "The Game Could Not Be Loaded: load_game_failed: Unit not found: 'Saurian Augur'". I am using Wesnoth 1.0.2 for Windows
Attachments
Screenshot of error message
Screenshot of error message
wesnotherror.png (224.77 KiB) Viewed 10213 times
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Yeah, that is because you are using version 1.0.2. I strongly reccomend you get the latest version - 1.2, as that is what this campaign is designed for. Furthermore, the game itself is far more ballanced, has better graphics, and a whole load of perks.