[Historical] Son of the Black Eye Updated!

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Please update WesCamp as well. :wink:
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

I have played the version 1.2 of SotBe with BfW SVN 1.3 .
There is still no music in the background to hear. Is that maybe because of that? :
vonHalenbach wrote:
Taurus wrote: The units are awesome. Thanks alot vonHalenbach. It was just one of those little things that you never got around to. Anyhow, I went ahead and added them to the campaign and they will be up on the server the next time I make a release. It might be a while, but along with your new units, I might have a few new soundtracks and possibly a translation or two.

One thing i have seen to be changed in the scenario.cfg's is the music=foobar.ogg tag. It should be changed to:

Code: Select all

[music]
name=foobar.ogg
[/music]
greetings
stefan
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Yeah, that could be one of the reasons, but the most probable reason is that I haven't added a music track to the scenarios yet. Anyhow, it'll get done, sooner or later...
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
ozean

Post by ozean »

Taurus wrote:
energyman76c wrote:Hi,

I have a severe problem with 'civil war'.

All enemies are dead. Kapoe is on the post - and the scenario does not end.

Kapoe reached the signpost before the last leader was dead and waited there. But moving him away and back again does not change anything.
Sorry about that and thanks for pointing that out. I got it fixed and it will be up in the next release.
Erm, I just stumbled into this problem too. Using version 1.2 released 9/30/06 :(

Can I do anything to fix this before a new release is published?

Also, there were a few spelling errors in the opening dialogue of "Back Home" (I think both Grüü and Kapou'e misspelled stuff, "where" as "were" and one other mistake that I picked up at the time but now have forgotten…

Otherwise I must say that this is a great campaign! Very nice mix of scenarios, some of them probably belonging to my all time favorites. Thanks a lot for picking the development of this campaign back up!
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Interesting, I'll check it out and this time i'll be sure to fix it for good. Sorry about that. And thanks for the encouragment :-) I am glad you like the campaign.

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

ozean wrote:Erm, I just stumbled into this problem too. Using version 1.2 released 9/30/06 :(

Can I do anything to fix this before a new release is published?

Also, there were a few spelling errors in the opening dialogue of "Back Home" (I think both Grüü and Kapou'e misspelled stuff, "where" as "were" and one other mistake that I picked up at the time but now have forgotten…

Otherwise I must say that this is a great campaign! Very nice mix of scenarios, some of them probably belonging to my all time favorites. Thanks a lot for picking the development of this campaign back up!
I just tested that scenario and I am not having any problems at all. Do you think you can send me a savegame or a replay? Also, is anyone else having this problem?

ozean

Post by ozean »

Taurus wrote:I just tested that scenario and I am not having any problems at all. Do you think you can send me a savegame or a replay? Also, is anyone else having this problem?
Sorry that it took me so long to see that you replied - somehow automatic e-mail notification for this thread did not work for me. I sent you a savegame and replay via private message.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

ozean wrote: Sorry that it took me so long to see that you replied - somehow automatic e-mail notification for this thread did not work for me. I sent you a savegame and replay via private message.
Hi Ozean

Don't worry about the late reply and thanks for bringing this up again. The saved games were corrupt but they inspired me to do a thorough test of the scenario and I found the problem. The problem was that the "first_time_only=no" command was nulified by the event clearing some variables. Anyhow, long story short, I found the problem and fixed it. It will be released in the next version which sould include some music too :-)

In the meantime, sorry about the bug. What you have to do to play this scenario is to make sure nobody touches the signpoast untill all the enemies are dead. Then move Kapou'e onto it and you're in the green :-)

Hopefully the next verision should be out soon.

ozean

Post by ozean »

Music sounds neat :)

I guess I will wait for your update and then continue playing the campaign…

thanks!
Sharur

Post by Sharur »

I've played SotBE up to Saving Inarix (which I've started from scratch a couple of times now, due to dissatisfaction with my approach), and I'm quite impressed so far. Good stuff!
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Thanks Sharur. I am glad you like the campaign :-)

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Version 1.3 is out. It basically it features a bunch of nasty bugfixes and new music. The music itself is not original, being taken from the mainline scenarios, but they have been matched up to each and every scenario so they go good - imho anyway.

Edit: Errr, well, I don't have the campaign uploaded quite yet - the server just went all funny again. I'll have it up asap...

Turgor

Post by Turgor »

I have a question about clash of armies:
Are you supposed to not be able to recall half of the units you've been levelling? Or are all the units south of the bridge lost once it's destroyed? (In which case i should have lost the scenario, since Kapou'e was south of that bridge)

anyway, i haven't really been counting, but Gruu is missing from the recall list and he's not anywhere on the map. And i know for sure i trained 2 goblin knights and 2 orcish crossbowmen that are missing too...
Sly

Post by Sly »

Seems a bug to me

Ah, talking about Clash of armies : I'm replaying this campain and I noticed that this scenario got much more difficult : there are now mermen appearing each turn !!!
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Sly wrote:Seems a bug to me

Ah, talking about Clash of armies : I'm replaying this campain and I noticed that this scenario got much more difficult : there are now mermen appearing each turn !!!
That's right :-) Best of luck and have fun!