[Historical] Liberty

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nightscout

Post by nightscout »

okay thx i beat it but wuts up with the cave at the bottom of the map with the skeletons im always to busy to check it out
scott

Post by scott »

It's a goodie for you, but it's probably not worth it unless you get there with a fast unit.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
nightscout

Post by nightscout »

So are you done making it or are you still working on it? If you need someone to beta test, I'm your guy.
scott

Post by scott »

I'm maintaining it and adding translations as they come in. However, I'm not convinced that it's balanced properly, especially on the hard difficulty.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
nightscout

Post by nightscout »

i could always test it on easy ive got nothin but time
scott

Post by scott »

Sounds good to me. The easy level isn't supposed to be as easy as the South Guard, but it should be very forgiving.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
scott

Post by scott »

Liberty 1.16 has been released

There are some minor changes in this release that incorporate some good feedback from players and updates translations.

- Fog was added back into The Gray Woods on easy.

- AMLA was added to L3 units. I wasn't going to do it to keep it 'old school,' but the AMLA at L2 makes it confusing. I can't do anything about the L2 AMLA, but at least it's consistent now.

I released before the updated translations are ready for the new text, so there may be a 1.17 snap release. If you find yourself playing in a mixture of english and your language, maybe it would motivate you to work on translations for the game!

If ANYONE wants to contribute some art, I have a long-standing wish for a story portrait of the fortress Halstead. It's no normal fortress! It was built on top of a mountain magically drawn from the bedrock under the western plains, its sheer cliffs resembling frozen waves of stone. It has never fallen to invaders, defending the countryside for hundreds of years. Giving visualization to such an awesome spectacle has always been a goal of mine. If you can help, please let me know.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
toms

Post by toms »

I don´t know wich version I have :( . (around about 0.9-1.0, I think)
But on my computer the campaign has a bug. It appeared when I installed a new version and wanted to play it a second time.( :wink: ) Suddenly I couldn´t advance the outlaws to level 3 an more. :o If it is it already fixed, then no problem. Otherwise, you may have a look.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

scott wrote:If ANYONE wants to contribute some art, I have a long-standing wish for a story portrait of the fortress Halstead. It's no normal fortress! It was built on top of a mountain magically drawn from the bedrock under the western plains, its sheer cliffs resembling frozen waves of stone. It has never fallen to invaders, defending the countryside for hundreds of years. Giving visualization to such an awesome spectacle has always been a goal of mine. If you can help, please let me know.
I suddenly feel the need to have a go, although it will take a while, and I cannot gartentee that it will look good I want to try.

is there any particular setting that you want it in?
Dwarven Lord

Post by Dwarven Lord »

:shock: I have the older version of Liberty and the server does not have it how can i get the update?
The Dwarven Lord has spoken!
scott

Post by scott »

Dwarven Lord wrote::shock: I have the older version of Liberty and the server does not have it how can i get the update?
The campaign only works with BFW 1.0. It is available on the 1.0 campaign server, which you can get to by playing BFW 1.0.2.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sly

Post by Sly »

scott wrote:
Dwarven Lord wrote::shock: I have the older version of Liberty and the server does not have it how can i get the update?
The campaign only works with BFW 1.0. It is available on the 1.0 campaign server, which you can get to by playing BFW 1.0.2.
Any 1.1.x compatible version coming ? :wink:
scott

Post by scott »

Sly wrote:
scott wrote: The campaign only works with BFW 1.0. It is available on the 1.0 campaign server, which you can get to by playing BFW 1.0.2.
Any 1.1.x compatible version coming ? :wink:
When I finish my dissertation and graduate, I will return to my regular job. At that point, for many reasons, I will be unable to continue maintaining httt and trow, administering the forum, and helping patrol the wiki. I will resign from those positions and be left with this campaign, which I will happily update to the current version at the time. I might also make some headway on my next one, now that all the WML features I asked for have been implemented.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sly

Post by Sly »

strangely it's available on the 1.1 server and works well (I'm on the final scenario or so I think, the attack of the fortress)

and I really like the shadow mages, unfortunately you can only have them just before the last scenario :cry:
Lavalamps

Post by Lavalamps »

Where can I download this?