[Historical] Liberty

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Baerdahl wrote:I don't remember the scenarios name but it was the one where you had to kill the lich and met the shadow mage. there is an amulet to find giving the unit a 24-1 arcane attack. for me it was a trapper who got the amulet and upon killing the lich he levelled. somehow in the next scenario the attack was gone. is this supposed to happen when the unit levels or is it a bug?
(however if it is not a bug, i had similar problems in The Rise of Wesnoth with the Holy Water where the units who got that water lost their holy attacks in the next scenario without levelling)
Looks like the ankh/amulet is set to expire at scenario end. I'll fix that (either let it stay or explain to the player why it expires).
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

zookeeper wrote:
Baerdahl wrote:I don't remember the scenarios name but it was the one where you had to kill the lich and met the shadow mage. there is an amulet to find giving the unit a 24-1 arcane attack. for me it was a trapper who got the amulet and upon killing the lich he levelled. somehow in the next scenario the attack was gone. is this supposed to happen when the unit levels or is it a bug?
(however if it is not a bug, i had similar problems in The Rise of Wesnoth with the Holy Water where the units who got that water lost their holy attacks in the next scenario without levelling)
Looks like the ankh/amulet is set to expire at scenario end. I'll fix that (either let it stay or explain to the player why it expires).
It's supposed to expire. The problem it alleviates in that scenario doesn't exist in future scenarios.
"Then I'd prefer you refer to it as 'The Midlands'"

If I'm supposed to fight creeping biggerism, then why is it a game feature?
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

I told the friendly Rogue Wizard I wanted to join him in battle rather than accept his 500 gold or troops. What the heck does that do?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Shiver wrote:I told the friendly Rogue Wizard I wanted to join him in battle rather than accept his 500 gold or troops. What the heck does that do?
Makes him appear as an AI ally in the last scenario.
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

zookeeper wrote:
Shiver wrote:I told the friendly Rogue Wizard I wanted to join him in battle rather than accept his 500 gold or troops. What the heck does that do?
Makes him appear as an AI ally in the last scenario.
After some poking around, I have determined that this option is the strongest one by far. I don't know if that's intentional or not on part of the developers.

In any case, this was a very fun campaign and it definitely deserved to be mainlined.