The Hammer of Thursagan

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Into-Jesus

Re: The Hammer of Thursagan

Post by Into-Jesus »

Is anyone currently maintaining this campaign? If so, who?
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can never tell when they're true." - Ben Franklin

On Wesbreak
gooby

Post by gooby »

Scenario "Mages and Drakes" is unreasonably difficult, especially since it seems difficult if not impossible to enter this scenario with more than minimum gold.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

gooby wrote:Scenario "Mages and Drakes" is unreasonably difficult, especially since it seems difficult if not impossible to enter this scenario with more than minimum gold.
Check out the walkthrough page for instructions how to survive and win.
You might want to review and give feedback in the Hammer of Thursagan feedback topic. There can be hints there about other people's experiences.

I don't know who, if anyone, is the Maintainer of each mainline campaign - seems like it could be "everyone" which is a euphemism for "no one". (It is quite clear for UMC though.) Perhaps more relevant would be to ask: what issue have you reported (and how did you report it) that has not been triaged in a reasonable time?
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

In the scenario "High Pass" Aiglondur says something when reaching the signpost and Angarthing is supposed to answer, but the only text in the dialogue box is "Angarthing".
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Elfarion wrote:In the scenario "High Pass" Aiglondur says something when reaching the signpost and Angarthing is supposed to answer, but the only text in the dialogue box is "Angarthing".
The code seems fine to me, could you send me a screenshot? Also, what wesnoth version are you using?

EDIT: I tested, and it works fine for me on 1.11.1.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

I played in on 1.10. I can provide a screenshot tomorrow.

I played in in German, so maybe it's a mistake of the translation?
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
trewe
Translator

Post by trewe »

Elfarion wrote:In the scenario "High Pass" Aiglondur says something when reaching the signpost and Angarthing is supposed to answer, but the only text in the dialogue box is "Angarthing".
This usually happens if there is a pango markup error in the message
Elfarion wrote:I played in in German, so maybe it's a mistake of the translation?
Indeed. Just checked, and there is an error in the German translation (closing </i> tag without the opening).
3ntin

Post by 3ntin »

Hi to all!

As Adamant14 advice, I have something to ask to the creators of the Hammer of Thursagan campaign about a comic I'm thinking about...the original topic is here http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 62#p549062...I hope we can go on with the discussion there, so we make both pages clearer...
3ntin

Post by 3ntin »

I have a question: I have to draw Knalgan dwarven fighters for y comic, and I wanted to put on their shelds the heralduc arms of Knalga...but what are they??
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

There is no masked version of Dwarvish Ulfserkers

“Invaders”
Dwarf unit has been recalled at the beginning at scenario, but no dialogue occurs with it

“Fear”
Why do I get a White Mage instead of a Mage with lots of XP? (it was like that in 1.12.2)
After slaying the leader of the Masked Dwarves Aiglondur says “They are defeated”
The dot is missing

could you let Ollin join my party?

“Forbidden Forest”
The woses are fighting with the elves (the elves are in the team “Elves” and the woses in the team “Forest”, btw the woses win the fight)

“The court of Karrag”
Karrag doesn't take his mask off (they talk about how horrible he looks without his mask, but you don't see any change in his sprite or portrait)
Karrag doesn't move or attack

“The Underlevels”
it says that I cant recruit mages any longer (and no, I didn't lose my first mage)

the green masked dwarf doesn't get gold

both orange and brown undead leader get gold when I break the first door/use a rune for teleport → I think only the brown leader should get gold and the orange leader should get gold when I break the second door
Poison

Post by Poison »

I think this campaign should be characterised as "novice" I just beat it on Lord having 5 losses throughout the campaign (comparing this to my 100 losses at LoW really says something). Also Karrag never attacks in both the scenarios you meet him, is this supposed to be so?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Poison wrote:Also Karrag never attacks in both the scenarios you meet him, is this supposed to be so?
He's supposed to not move, but of course he should still attack any units adjacent to him. Is that not happening?
Poison

Post by Poison »

Well no, but then again the odds weren't in his favor, some bosses only attack to kill I've noticed. Been surrounded by 5 resilient Dwarvish Lords is not likely to make you feel particularly agggressive :P
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

Yes it did seem a lot easier this time around. I played at normal level. Especially the 2nd last scenario might have been more challenging as well - the orcs didnt do much to slow me down.
Argesilao2

Post by Argesilao2 »

I have to report a small error.

Playing with BfW 1.16.2, challenging difficulty.

In the last scenario when a dwarf approaches the door sealed with the two runes, a short dialogue starts in which Angarthing explains the need to find the keys with which the door was sealed.
Well, the dialogue begins even if the door is already open when one of the dwarves approaches her for the first time.