Liberty

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Antro
Translator

Re: Liberty

Post by Antro »

Hi gents.

In the Intro of final scenario of Liberty ( Glory , 1.15.12+dev) is reported:

From the Annals of Alduin, 98 YW

One score and eight years ago, in 78 YW, the King of Wesnoth...

AFAIK, according to the Bible, one score is 20 years, so one score and 8 should be "28 years ago"... I guess that the 78 that should be 70, or am I missing something ?

Ciao
A
Antro
Translator

Post by Antro »

Hi there, I stumbled in another issue in this campaign, both stable and dev branches... An extract from it.po

#. [message]: speaker=Wolmas
#: data/campaigns/Liberty/scenarios/01_The_Raid.cfg:472
msgid "What’s happening here? Why be you running like mad, $unit.name|?"
msgstr "Che cosa sta succedendo qui? Perché corri come un matto, $unit.name|?"

The issue is that if the unit $unit.name is a female one, the "mad" ( italian translation is "matto" ) adjective must be appropriately declinate in italian. In this case it should be "matta". In Italian also the article bust be declined, so we should have "un matto / una matta" with usual male/female differentiation on the unit gender.

Quite confident that all language with this kind of behaviour could be interested...
nelvantein

Post by nelvantein »

Fun campaign, completed at Normal difficulty in version 1.16.10. I found the narrative change interesting, now Baldras is an old guy that hates politics and is tired of life, which gives him a more distinct personality. I found the text between campaigns a bit depressing, it's often Baldras saying how depressed and tired he is and callbacks to his dead? sister. I liked the hopeful ending.
I enjoyed the ambush scenario in the before to last scenario, you really feel like brigands ambushing caravans and also the last one, it was a very epic battle with 4 sides where you have to pull off a desperate victory through calculated infiltration. Maybe the orc band could just be raiders because the immediate turn on the humans looked a little silly but I didn't pay much mind to that.