Delfador's Memoirs

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pihlstrom

Re: Delfadors Memoirs announcements and bug repots

Post by pihlstrom »

I don't know how to download on the trunk version.
Please give me a link to do it.
I don't know if it is normal but in "portal of doom" Delfador is on the recall list and Kalenz in charge to recruit.
PIRUET
fyzycyst

Terror at the Ford (minor glitch) - [possible spoiler?]

Post by fyzycyst »

When the Loyalist contingent is discovered, one (or more) of the cavalrymen started within sight of the Mages. As a result, when I sent a rider down to find the Mages, the "sighted" event was not triggered and so they don't join the fight. The workaround, of course, was to simply move everyone away and then back again.

- Eric.
SirTheta

Post by SirTheta »

Found a minor bug (killed Delfador by accident too XD) -

Scenario: Showdown in the Northern swap

Village at 22,9 gives defense value of 20% (for most of my units anyway) - not 60% (same def. value as marsh around it) [On Hard difficulty, no other villages do this]

[I must add.. great campaign, played it to the end and loved it, though it does seem a bit too easy at times (even on Hard)]
Ektheleon

Post by Ektheleon »

Really enjoyable campaign. One minor thing is that in Terror at the Fords of Parthyn, the dialog expressing fear and horror at the undead and/or orcs isn't activated until you move and sight one of them, I pushed straight south, so they were attacking me for a good few turns before Delfador decided to say anything about it.. Also, the modified objectives display 3 times over the course of the scenario, I don't know if there's a way to change that, but if there is, it'd be nice.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Thanks for the kind words. DM will hopefully be harder when it emerges in mainline
Ektheleon

Post by Ektheleon »

One other thing. This one's really minor, but at the end of "The Return of Trouble", Chantal comes in, flies all the way across the screen, and then appears at the right edge of the screen again. Nothing major, but it's kind of incongruous.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Just for your information, this campaign has been mainlined (revision 34656 in mainline SVN trunk, using revision 4429 from wesnoth-umc-dev trunk) and will be available starting from the first release of Wesnoth 1.7.x.

It obviously won't be in 1.6.x now; however, we, the Wesnoth-UMC-Dev admins, are considering the possibility of maintaining a 1.6 backport that could be roughly in sync with any changes made to this add-on in mainline, as long as they don't need 1.7 engine features.

The wesnoth-umc-dev trunk tree for this campaign (for those who were tracking it - other people should ignore this) is no longer maintained, however, and will be eventually moved away.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
saggson

Re: Delfador's Memoirs announcements and bug reports

Post by saggson »

I currently enjoy DM at the easiest difficulty :oops: .
On scenario The Portal of Doom there is an unsuspected and fatal trap: The scenario can't be won if you recruit or recall any heavy infantry or mounted units because you have to return all of them to the tunnel entrance instead of Delfador's keep as its mentioned in the mission objectives.
IMO there should be a strong warning against recruiting units which are unable to pass mountainous terrain -- if that won't be disabled.

OK now I'm going to start over :P
Thanks and keep up the good work!
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Note on scenario 10(the gate between worlds -previously Land of the dead-):
There were complaints that the scenario is too hard; it is not. One can use the superior mobility of ghosts in conjunction with drain. An example is the attached replay(version 35164)
Attachments
DM-The_Gate_Between_W..._replay35164.gz
(23.58 KiB) Downloaded 775 times
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

The goblin pillager in "This Valley Belongs To Me" doesn't have a name
kaiserschwarcz

Post by kaiserschwarcz »

When I finished the 16th scenario (dark_sky_over-weldyn) the game crashes instead of go on to the 17th (a_new_ally).

I'm using the version 1.7.2 of the game, with the campaign that come with it.

Here is the error:

Code: Select all

wesnoth: playcampaign.cpp:586: LEVEL_RESULT play_game(display&, game_state&, const config&, upload_log&, io_type_t, bool): Assertiva `!gamestate.snapshot.empty()' fail.
Aborted
Any solutions?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

WYRMY wrote:The goblin pillager in "This Valley Belongs To Me" doesn't have a name
Fixed.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Huston

Post by Huston »

kaiserschwarcz wrote:When I finished the 16th scenario (dark_sky_over-weldyn) the game crashes instead of go on to the 17th (a_new_ally).

I'm using the version 1.7.2 of the game, with the campaign that come with it.

Any solutions?
i have the same crashing problem. i finally circumvented the crash, but my recall list was not restored as it should have been in scenario 17. i circumvented it by going into debug mode in scenario 15 and skipping to scenario 17.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

kaiserschwarcz wrote: Here is the error:

Code: Select all

wesnoth: playcampaign.cpp:586: LEVEL_RESULT play_game(display&, game_state&, const config&, upload_log&, io_type_t, bool): Assertiva `!gamestate.snapshot.empty()' fail.
Aborted
Any solutions?
Already fixed. Wait for the next version.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

I'm browsing sides.cfg ;)

typing errors in line 216 (in #define DELFADOR_REAPPEARS X Y):
{FULL_HEAL id=Delfadir}

and line 404:
# At the beginning of of Showdown in the Northern Swamp (19), Kalenz
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign