Delfador's Memoirs

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Re: Delfadors Memoirs announcements and bug repots

Post by santi »

Don't lose all hope yet, because Fabi is working on making past savegames usable, but it is not clear if that will cover your case. I can send you my savegames and you can continue from them. Sorry about your troubles, but I think we made it very clear that DM was not ready yet for prime time and that lots of things were being changed and will still be changed. The difference is that now I think changes will be mostly concentrated on the last 3 fighting scenaria
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Version 0.12.0 is available on the addon server for Wesnoth 1.5.x.
This version is believed to fix all persistence problems but is for sure incompatible to older savegames.

Fixing the savegames is possible but not an easy task. I believe it's not worth to write a script for it.
Please post savegames in this thread to allow people to continue the game from a position that is new for them.

Greetings, Fabi
ahmul

Post by ahmul »

Version 0.12
Prince of Wesnoth scenario.

Kalenz can't recruit units. Chantal has the crown. After first run the game ends with loss.
Attachments
DM-Prince_of_Wesnoth.gz
Saved game
(16.61 KiB) Downloaded 747 times
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

ahmul wrote:Version 0.12
Prince of Wesnoth scenario.

Kalenz can't recruit units. Chantal has the crown. After first run the game ends with loss.
Fixed that issue and uploaded a new version 0.12.1 that was able to continue from your savegame.

Greetings, Fabi
ahmul

Post by ahmul »

Problem with next scenario
Clash at the manor

Code: Select all

load_game_failed: Attemp to de-serialize a unit with no 'type' field (probably empty)
Attachments
DM-Clash_at_the_manor.gz
Saved game
(18.94 KiB) Downloaded 781 times
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I fixed that bug a few months ago, let me find the commit that reverted it and re-fix it.

EDIT: fixed now
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

AI wrote:I fixed that bug a few months ago, let me find the commit that reverted it and re-fix it.

EDIT: fixed now
Thank you AI.

Version 0.12.2 which includes the fix is released on the addon server for Wesnoth 1.5.x.
ahmul

Post by ahmul »

With the new version I still can't continue from the saved game. Do I have to play from start? :(
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

At least as far back as the start of scenario 20 for this one, but there is no guarantee I fixed all the bugs; there may still be more.
ahmul

Post by ahmul »

I've tried to re-play from the scenarion 19, but the problem is still there.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

New release on the addon server.

edit:
Version 0.12.4 is playable to the end.
ahmul

Post by ahmul »

New version is really playable to the end, but unfortunately without Delfador:( Still, thanks for programing. I like this campaing.
pihlstrom

Post by pihlstrom »

I am surprised,I have downloaded the new version on the addon server and I had many problems.The list of recall in "portal of doom"include several times the same unit but I have beatten the scenario and when I try to make the new one "Showdown in the northern swamp" the application Wesnoth leave!!!I have tried on W1.5.6 ,1.5.7 and 1.5.8 with the same result.
Reading that forum I thought everything was fixed.
PIRUET
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

ahmul wrote:New version is really playable to the end, but unfortunately without Delfador:( Still, thanks for programing. I like this campaing.
What actually happens? You'll need to be a bit more informative so we know where to look for the bug.
pihlstrom wrote:I am surprised,I have downloaded the new version on the addon server and I had many problems.The list of recall in "portal of doom"include several times the same unit but I have beatten the scenario and when I try to make the new one "Showdown in the northern swamp" the application Wesnoth leave!!!I have tried on W1.5.6 ,1.5.7 and 1.5.8 with the same result.
Reading that forum I thought everything was fixed.
Try with 1.5.9 when it is out. Please report every bug you find with it.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Played DM to the end with the trunk version. Delfador is there throughout(at least in the scenaria he is supposed to be) Main bug is that in scenario 23 the name of the scenario in the cfg file is erroneously set to "prince of Wesnoth", the dialog with Mal-Sagus does not appear and mal-Sagus seems to underrecruit. Otherwise playable,
some other suggestions might be
-change the story at the beginning of scenario 19
to the effect that it took Delfador and the dwarves at least a month to reach the portal.
-also, at least on hard start scenaria 18 and 20 with 100 gold.