A New Chance (0.7.7 Dark Hordes)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cevans

A New Chance (0.7.7 Dark Hordes)

Post by cevans »

In the new first scenario for the Dark Hordes campaign, I have found it impossible to finish in the allotted time (22 turns) on easy difficulty. I generally recruit a few ghosts and archers, and possibly one skeleton. I don't have any trouble defeating the ogre to the south if I do not split up my units, but in that case, I cannot finish in time.
Circon

Post by Circon »

I found it to depend a bit on the roll of the dice against the ogre early on. What makes it harder than I intended is the fact that the monsters off to the right, who are supposed to stand still until you arrive, actually go around capturing villages. Several villages. We've asked if the [guardian] special tag can be restored to its original function.
It's still beatable though. Sending a ghost off right very early helps. Take back the villages and kill the orcish grunt. Then tempt out the naga and sit in the village to fight it.
Roel

Post by Roel »

I couldn't even kill the ogre at first but after 100 restarts I made it so I'll guess you should keep trying
Ayin
Inactive Developer

Post by Ayin »

I won this scenario using the following strategy:

* Level up a ghost to a wraith using the nearby enemies

Then:

* Send the wraith with one or two other ghosts directly to the enemy leader, without killing the trolls
* Send skeleton archers to kill the monsters on the east side.

Then:

Finish the trolls whelps recruited by the ogre with the wraith and the ghosts (and maybe a few archers), then send the ghosts help on eastern side.
Dobob

Post by Dobob »

I tried that level (and failed miserably) then I looked to the WML and realized something : the level does not change depending to the difficulty level. The level should be made easier at easy (maybe reducing the ennemy recruiting capability) otherwise most not so good players (like me) won't be able to start the campain :? .
jyrierik

Post by jyrierik »

Actually, after a couple fo tries, I found the level somewhat easy.

My method was to:
1)Recruit 4 ghosts.
2)Enter the lower of the 2 villages to the SE with your leader. (For some reason the ogre stays still when you do that)
3)On turn 2 kill the ogre and go after the troll with whoever wasn't needed to kill the ogre
4)Use the entire group to get to the causeway and after you've killed the intial trolls send the most damaged ghost to the NE to pick up towns
5)When you reach the end of the causeway send the next most damaged ghost to follow the other to the NE. The leader & 2 ghosts can finish up the job
6)Head them to the SE corner & that's that.

Jyri
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I used Gwiti for most of the killing. He's the most powerful unit I've got. At the end, I needed some heavy save/reload usage.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.