Custom Girl Sprite

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
scottiand

Custom Girl Sprite

Post by scottiand »

Tried my hand at spriting 'cause I needed a custom unit for a campaign I started. I'm happy with it, but I wanted to see if anybody had ideas or critiques about it.
Attachments
girl.png
girl.png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 4573 times
Crow_T

Re: Custom Girl Sprite

Post by Crow_T »

I think that's pretty decent actually :D There are stray pixels in the left of the sprite though.

Have you put her in-game yet? That is a good exercise to see how she will fit in with current sprites.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Crow_T wrote:I think that's pretty decent actually :D There are stray pixels in the left of the sprite though.
That's the palette.
scottiand

Post by scottiand »

@Crow_T Thanks! And AI is right, that's just my pallet, it'll be removed later. I did try her in game, and I think she looks about right.
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

Nice sprite scottiand. The only thing that jumps out to me is she kind of has a blank/plain face. I could be wrong though... maybe you can add a few pixels of darker skin color tones to add a bit of texture? Nice work though. Is she going to have any kind of attack or is she more of a story character or by-stander?
SP Campaign: Rally For Roanic
scottiand

Post by scottiand »

@Chief_Chasso Thank you! I tried playing with the face a little like you mentioned, but nothing seemed to looked good. I may take a stab at making a short defense and attack animation later on. Right now the plan is that she'll develop an attack later on in the campaign, but that may change.
Chief_Chasso

Post by Chief_Chasso »

Hi scottiand, I hope you don't mind, but I've attempted to show what I mean with the face "brightness".
I tried playing with the face a little like you mentioned, but nothing seemed to looked good.
I know what you mean- it's difficult will so small an area- but a few pixels can make a big difference. Below is my attempt. I'll admit I'm not a great sprite artist, so feel free to disregard this. Nice job on this sprite, keep up the good work.
Attachments
girl CC rev
girl CC rev
girl_CC_rev.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
side by side
side by side
girl_side_by_side.png (1.33 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
SP Campaign: Rally For Roanic