Affecting adjacent units, will this work?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Affecting adjacent units, will this work?

Post by Atreides »

Will this stop the planned moves of a unit and all units adjacent to the attacked unit? It sounds too easy...

Code: Select all

[event]
		name=attack end
		first_time_only=no
		id=stop_train
		[modify_unit]
			[filter]
				id=$second_unit.id
                                [filter_adjacent]
                                [/filter_adjacent]
			[/filter]
			goto_x=0
			goto_y=0
		[/modify_unit]
	[/event]
Last edited by Pentarctagon on May 16th, 2021, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [c] -> [code]
lhybrideur

Re: Affecting adjacent units, will this work?

Post by lhybrideur »

Not tested : I would replace the 0 by $x1 and $y1.
Maybe you need to do a store_unit and use stored_units[index].x and stored_units[index].y, instead.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Affecting adjacent units, will this work?

Post by Atreides »

lhybrideur wrote: May 17th, 2021, 3:45 pm Not tested : I would replace the 0 by $x1 and $y1.
Maybe you need to do a store_unit and use stored_units[index].x and stored_units[index].y, instead.
I know that the 0 works, that part has been tested. The part I am concerned with is the adjacent units. I suspect from reading that this will simply require there to be at least 1 adjacent unit for the attacked unit (only :( ) to be stopped.
I can imagine trying something where the x,y of the attacked unit is stored in a variable and then all units that are within +/- 1 of those co-ordinates (or more as I might want to use a radius of 2 from the attacked unit) would be filtered for.
But I figured I'd ask first if filter_adjacent does work here.