Wesnoth Inc Board Members -- Election 2019

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Wesnoth Inc Board Members -- Election 2019

Post by Dave »

The time has come to choose a board of three members to decide the course of Wesnoth, Inc, and some important policy decisions for Wesnoth.

While most day-to-day Wesnoth work is developer driven, we do have some financial, legal, and strategic issues which need to be firmly decided by a small focused group. Generally the board will decide things based on consensus, though occasionally votes may need to be taken.

Any Wesnoth developer may vote. You are a Wesnoth developer if you have git write access or if you have contributed any significant content to Wesnoth which exists in the git repository. You may vote for any number of candidates, but note that only three candidates will be chosen, so voting for all candidates is equivalent to voting for no candidates.

Candidates may vote, and I recommend they vote for two other candidates who will serve alongside them. Candidates will be considered to automatically vote for themselves (This is to avoid any awkwardness/'honor' issues about whether it is 'fair' to vote for oneself) as long as they vote for at least two other candidates.

I will not vote in this process.

You may vote by posting your choices in this thread or you may private message the votes to me. I will allow a week for the election to proceed. I will provide the vote totals at the end.

The candidates who accepted nomination:

Vultraz
Jetrel
Pentarctagon
nemaara
Iris (shadowm)
Soliton
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth Inc Board Members -- Election 2019

Post by josteph »

Dave wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 9:51 pm You may vote for any number of candidates, but note that only three candidates will be chosen, so voting for all candidates is equivalent to voting for no candidates.
How will ties be broken, in case there's a tie for third place?
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

Thumb wresting!
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Loser pays the flight :)

Seriously, though, I suppose if two people tie for third place we can just appoint both of them to the board. The current board has 4 members so there shouldn't be a problem.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Thank you everyone for voting. I have tabulated the results and here are the totals:

Iris (shadowm): 12
Jetrel: 5
nemaara: 9
Pentarctagon: 13
Soliton: 12
vultraz: 4

Congratulations to Iris, Pentarctagon, and Soliton, who will comprise the new board.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming