WotG - War of the Gods (by Chaosrider)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ghype

WotG - War of the Gods (by Chaosrider)

Post by ghype »

I recently ported his era to 1.14 as it used to be second most popular era after ageless.

This post function as notification. I plan to maintain it as best as i can and eventually improve and translate its content.
There are also some non-game breaking bugs which have to be fixed at some point.

If there are any requests or wishes, feel free to let me know.
Other then that I will update this thread soon once I did some major changes.

Cheers.
IPS

Re: WotG - War of the Gods (by Chaosrider)

Post by IPS »

owo !! TONS OF HECK to balance!

I just dislike tons of nerfs wotg made to certain units eliminating their complete essence and making them just mediocre units (see floating sword for example). Still, attempting to balance wotg is another level because the amount of units on there is absurdly LARGE.

if attempting to do something here I wouldn't be as serious as in Ageless or in Era of Magic, but at least fixing things that blatant broken (like berserk on ranged at lv2 only? lols). I would like to test something different on here than on ageless, wotg is played not because its balance, just becuz its large unit diversity and MADNESS itself !!

Btw, try to remember counting how many lv0, lv1, lv2, lv3, lv4, lv5, lv6 , etc units are on the era, ChaosRider used to maintain a total control of the amount of units of each level and their total in every update he made.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Assuming wesnoth can handle that large addon, same way I use to analyze ageless code would work for unit counting here.
Sepherescent

Post by Sepherescent »

Heya, I was looking for WotG's unit list but was unable to find it.
Anyone know where to look? It wasn't on the Wesnoth Units Database.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

wmlunits has such timeout that large eras need to release preprocessed wml for it. Or set up wmlunits locally.
ghype

Post by ghype »

IPS wrote: July 26th, 2019, 11:20 pm owo !! TONS OF HECK to balance!
I don't think WotG is worth balancing. It has some cool units but thats it. But too many unbalanceable weapon specials and abilities. It is worth considering to import some of the high lv , quality units to ageless but please do not attempt balancing WotG
EnergiaX

Post by EnergiaX »

This add-on cannot be downloaded when the download bar is complete, game crashed.

Edit: No error, there is no trace in the log either.