Everfell and Werewolfpelt Factions

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kiech

Everfell and Werewolfpelt Factions

Post by Kiech »

Present Release: 2.1.0 (August 10th, 2015)

Hey there. Been a long-time infrequent player of Wesnoth. Off and on since I played it on a grandfather's Linux system (something like.. 2006ish?)... I've developed factions for personal play.

In selecting art, most of it was datamined from the Create page and from other uploaded addons. Artwork is of course the work of their then-respective owners. Artwork changes I made are obvious, mostly frankenspriting and magenta-izing image frames to suit the visual needs of the two factions.

+On the addons server, Everfell faction now comes with the Werewolfpelt faction. Essentially they are rival factions of what would be a campaign, if I ever got around to making it.
++Everfell are mage-heavy, with werewolf melee units
++Werewolfpelts are werewolf-fur donning melee units, with faeries as ranged units and a new wolf line as scouts

I have included a convenient unit lineage & stat .doc inside the addon folder for each individual faction for easy out-of-game reference.

Dropping this thread here just for a heads up and relevant feedback. Feel free to post here or PM me regarding it or any ideas. Help toward own-faction balancing is always a plus, although I think at this stage it's fairly stable. I've tested the Werewolfpelts and made some light balance changes before pushing it live, but watch for future updates as I use them as pawns on the field of Wesnoth and see where they need tailoring (same applies to the Everfell faction, always making adjustments for balance).
Last edited by Kiech on August 11th, 2015, 5:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
Author of Everfell & Werewolfpelt Faction MP Era | Updated to: 2.1.0, on 8/9/2015
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Everfell Faction

Post by Ravana »

I noticed you use EFM. However Era of Four Moons also has that. You might want to change it.

Code: Select all

[heals]
        id=spell-curaga
        value=12
        poison=slowed
        max_value=48
        cumulative=no
        affect_allies=yes
        affect_self=yes
        name= _ "spell: curaga"
        description= _ "This unit is capable of healing nearby allies of 12 health per turn, up to a max of 48 health. Additionally, poison effects are halted."
        [affect_adjacent]
            adjacent=n,ne,se,s,sw,nw
        [/affect_adjacent]
    [/heals]
max_value is not recognized for [heals]

cure-cura names might be confusing as both are heals with value, not any variations of cures.

spell-protect_leadership is not visible to user.

###Credit: "awake" taken straight from EoM -> EoMa, as EoM is Era of Myths.

It might be useful to remove the 3.65 mb of unused halos.
Kiech

Post by Kiech »

Hey Ravana,

Thanks for checking into some of the WML and whatnot. I did notice, based on your WML quote, you downloaded an earlier version--just a heads up; "curaga" is set to +10. That makes me sad there is no max_value for heals. Oh well, removed!

I renamed some of the healing spells. Trying to keep them differentiated and clear.

The "leadership" on shell and protect are actually intended purely for animation purposes--so that's okay!

Adjusted credits there and in one other spot. (:

I removed those halos, and the attack icons, that were unused. Thanks for noticing that. Saves a lot of mb's.

Thanks for some feedback!! Super appreciate it. Updated to "1.13" with those changes.
Author of Everfell & Werewolfpelt Faction MP Era | Updated to: 2.1.0, on 8/9/2015
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I downloaded it from web interface, and from 1.12 server, version delay might be from that.

I thought the 0 leadership was to counter negative leaderships like fear and charm.
Kiech

Post by Kiech »

Gotcha, it probably was a web delay.

Negative leadership auras, as in from other custom eras... that is an interesting benefit to note, and actually moderately fitting to the "protect/shell" case. I will add it to the ability notes for extra clarification. I'm assuming a leadership value of 25 will override a 0, which will override a -25, etcetera hence prevention? The protect/shell leadership case only occurs on defense too so it would not completely obliterate another unit's special negative aura. (annoyingly, leadership animation still plays on offense even though it has no effect)

EDIT: Uploaded 1.14 to server. Spent some time testing and found some minor animation errors. Fixed them, and added some colour-altered halos for lightning and animation shields. Woohoo.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Everfell and Werewolfpelt Factions

Post by Atreides »

I've ported this to 1.14. It's an interesting pair of factions with nifty traits and quite a few custom abilities. I was contemplating incorporating them into my Lonely Era for quite a while but finally decided to put it out as a stand alone.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Version 2.3 out

Post by Atreides »

Available for both 1.14/16

The integration era with Lonely Era has been updated to add the Age of Heroes version.
Atreides

Version 2.4 released

Post by Atreides »

For both 1.14/16

Traits have been reworked a bit.
Mountaineers no longer get a bonus on sand and Lumberjacks no longer in swamps. Neither made much sense and they still gain bonuses on a goodly number of the more common terrains that you would expect to give them based on their names.
The stocky trait has been largely boosted to give a worthwhile HP gain now. Those stocky werewolves may lumber a bit slowly but they sure are hefty now.
Atreides

2.5 released

Post by Atreides »

For both 1.16/14

New random choices added. Can now play a random Everfell faction or a non-Everfell.
Atreides

Everfell 2.6 released

Post by Atreides »

A new damage type has been added. Energy. It was originally there as resistances as well as being protected against by the shell spell but no units had it on their attacks. I've taken the liberty to change the Black Mage/Wizard's lightning bolt into the energy damage type and also give them corresponding resistances to it in keeping with the description of the units which mentions energy prominently as their study subject (along with fire).
Atreides

Everfell Era 3 released, major changes

Post by Atreides »

The Everfell and Werewolfpelts have been overhauled.

All unit costs and xps have been changed in order to balance them vs the default era (as well as the Lonely Era which they can also be pitted against). Testing shows they are now more or less balanced with the default era.

Internally the structure has been overhauled to conform to a more conventional type. Old save games will be broken unless edited.