Era of Chaos v1.4.0 for Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.13

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Era of Chaos v1.2.1 for Wesnoth 1.10 and 1.11

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hey guys, I made the multiplayer scenario using Era of Chaos that I said I would make. Give it a whirl and let me how you guys think of it. :)
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: Era of Chaos v1.2.1 for Wesnoth 1.10 and 1.11

Post by Astoria »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:Hey guys, I made the multiplayer scenario using Era of Chaos that I said I would make. Give it a whirl and let me how you guys think of it. :)
I'll play it as soon as I can.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: Era of Chaos v1.2.2 for Wesnoth 1.10 and 1.11

Post by Astoria »

Era of Chaos v1.2.2 is now available!

This version includes some graphical updates, including new sprites for the Demon Lord (which now also has a proper female variation) by shadowm and a new sprite for the Ice Fang by Zerovirus. The Nightshade Fire was renamed to Eventide Dancer, the Demons and Dusk Faerie line descriptions got updated, the Demon Spelldancer got a new ranged anim, and some bugs and issues were fixed. The add-on icon on the server also got an update.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

1.2.2:

-Decreased the Ice Cub's HP and melee damage
-New sprite for the Ice Fang
-New sprites for the Demon Lord
-Renamed the Nightshade Fire to Eventide Dancer
-New unit descriptions for Demon and Dusk Faerie lines
-New ranged animation for the Demon Spelldancer
-Added missing projectile images
-Added a missing attack icon
-Fixed units having more than maximum moves after transforming
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
adr3n

Post by adr3n »

Awe-some !
Quivaleviega

Post by Quivaleviega »

There's a bug with Eventide Dancer, Night Nymph tries to level up into Nightshade Fire instead of Eventide Dancer.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Quivaleviega wrote:There's a bug with Eventide Dancer, Night Nymph tries to level up into Nightshade Fire instead of Eventide Dancer.
Thanks for reporting. I just committed a fix to the svn repository.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Found two bugs:

1. Some Shaxthals (Biomechanical Archer, Biomechanical Solider, & Runner Drone Lines) have the submerge ability, but cannot move into deep water.
2. unit_type id conflict with War of Legends add-on. Both Knight of Chaos (EoC) & Dark Knight (WoL) have the same id, causing a bug in the advancement tree.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

SigurdFireDragon wrote:Found two bugs:

1. Some Shaxthals (Biomechanical Archer, Biomechanical Solider, & Runner Drone Lines) have the submerge ability, but cannot move into deep water.
I'll look into it.
SigurdFireDragon wrote:2. unit_type id conflict with War of Legends add-on. Both Knight of Chaos (EoC) & Dark Knight (WoL) have the same id, causing a bug in the advancement tree.
This isn't really a problem with EoC. We sadly can't assure that other eras run different ids. The only solution would be to deinstall WoL when you want to play EoC.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Change units ids for:
- EoC_Knight of Chaos
- WoL_Knight of Chaos
Best way to dont hava such a problems:
"abbreviated name of the additive" + "_" + "Unit Id".
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

ChaosRider wrote:Change units ids for:
- EoC_Knight of Chaos
- WoL_Knight of Chaos
Best way to dont hava such a problems:
"abbreviated name of the additive" + "_" + "Unit Id".
This is indeed possible and would solve the problem, but we've decided against it when we started the project, and we don't feel like it's absolutely necessary to change it.

Also, fun fact, the id for the Knight of Chaos is still 'Dark Knight', a legacy from its original name, back when it was in EE. The more you know.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Sometime to make progress you have to go back a few steps back to change the initial assumption, being completely rigid in its proceedings you wont reach the goal, being too flexible you will lose sight of your goal.
Btw how do you like my new avatar :D ?
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

ChaosRider wrote:Sometime to make progress you have to go back a few steps back to change the initial assumption, being completely rigid in its proceedings you wont reach the goal, being too flexible you will lose sight of your goal.
I'm sure we'll manage.
IPS

Post by IPS »

would been fun if some or any of these factions would been on ageless, moar factions, more units & stats & ressistances to learn and more fun randoms as more factions are in.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

IPS wrote:would been fun if some or any of these factions would been on ageless, moar factions, more units & stats & ressistances to learn and more fun randoms as more factions are in.
Ageless isn't our responsibility, but if mnewton wants to add the era to it, he should feel free to do so.

---

In other news, EoC has moved to GitHub! This replaces svn, our old version control system. All users of an svn checkout should be aware the version on umc-dev is not going to be maintained anymore, and should clone the git repo instead. If you like the era and want to see what we've done since the last release, be sure to clone, or download a .zip of the repo and test out some of our more recent changes. The repo can be found at https://github.com/bumbadadabum/Era_of_Chaos.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: Era of Chaos v1.3.0 for Wesnoth 1.10 and 1.11

Post by Astoria »

Era of Chaos v1.3.0 is now available!

It took a while, but version 1.3.0 is finally there, with a changelog even longer than the wait. This version contains a ton of balancing changes, bugfixes, new features, and other changes. The biggest one of them is probably the merging of the Imperials and Infernals to one faction: the Chaos Empire.

However, next to a lot of added features, we have to sadly notify the fans of the Biomechanical Soldiers and the Shaxthal Razorbird that these units are removed in this version.

Another change is the moving from UMC-dev to GitHub. New versions can now be downloaded on the 'releases' page, as well as the add-ons server.

This release on GitHub

Code: Select all

Changelog:

-Fixed Night Nymph advancement
-Rebalanced the Chaos Longbowman and Crossbowman lines (L2 - L3)
-Added a faerie race icon
-Fixed the level 0 ellipses on 1.11.6+
-Made the EoC unit files load in the editor for 1.11.4+
-Added a missing Aragwaith Flagbearer standing animation
-Made units with biomechanical_smallfoot movement type able to enter deep water
-Fixed an encoding bug in the Goblin Lancer
-Updated mainline strings; more attacks names should be translated for users using non-English Wesnoth
-Renamed the Quenoth Marshal to Chieftain
-Added special notes for Camouflage
-Fixed the Sun Enchantress's fire aura having the staff icon
-Made the Quenoth Stalker and Assassin elusivefoot
-Fixed the Dwarvish Flamethrower's ranged attack not showing up
-Fixed the special notes for the Quenoth Mystic line
-Gave the Quenoth Prophetess Sustenance
-Buffed the imps, making them better melee fighters
-Merged the Imperials and Infernals
-Removed the Biomechanical soldiers and the Shaxthal Razorbird line
-Improved the Quenoth Lurker's melee attack