Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Archaic Era (BfW 1.14)

Post by Atreides »

doofus-01 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 12:59 pm
Atreides wrote: December 15th, 2020, 2:17 am So is it day and dusk they are stoned (if not in vill/adj to 'nother stat) and awake the other 3? The ability sure could be more explicit. Rated R would be nice. ;-)
I think I intended to have them stoned half the schedule, but I'll have to check. I'll make the description more explicit and obscene.
I think I figured it out by looking at the code. They unstone on any chaotic turn and stone on any lawful turn. Practically that is half the day with day and dusk being stoned. I imagine there can be odd exceptions at liminal times depending on the 2 other factors (adj/vil) because I feel I see them sometimes stoned for 4 turns and sometimes only 2.
The problem description that confused me said they were stone during daylight. I assumed that meant only the 2 day turns.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've uploaded 1.16.0 to the BfW 1.16 server. I didn't necessarily fix the issues in the last several posts, though I might have... If I didn't, I will deal with them later, hopefully soon. Thanks for reporting.

Archaic_Resources update is in progress, but there are some communications issues.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

A nice pre-christmas present ^^
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Tarcil wrote: December 20th, 2021, 6:18 am A nice pre-christmas present ^^
Hah, good to hear. Thanks.

1.16.1 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.16 server. It was an extremely minor update, but I wanted to keep it in sync with Bad Moon Rising and Archaic Resources (AR). As far as AR, listed below are the (few) significant changes
Changelog
adding Primevalist Mendicant line
Insight ability, and an attempt at AI awareness of it
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.16.2 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.16 server. It is an extremely minor update, but it fixes some Khthon enthrallment effects, so still worth checking out. Especially if you are playing Bad Moon Rising or Trinity (though I haven't uploaded Trinity to BfW 1.16 yet)
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Awesome era. Thanks for updating it.

I used your "Ram" in my campaign "Frogfolk Delivery Service. I think the ram is a fantastic unit. The animations are fun, and WEAPON_SPECIAL_CHARGE is potentially devastating.

To fit my purposes, I changed its name to Mountain Ram and modified its stats a bit. Flat movement_costs were reduced to flat=3. The unit now prefers to stays on hills and mountains, which is where I wanted to keep it.

I also changed the die_sound to goblin-die-1.ogg, which I thought sounded more like a dying ram. I almost recorded myself saying "baa baa" into a microphone for the death sound, but decided against it, ha ha.

Oh, and I changed the description to make it appear more threatening: "Mountain rams are dangerous animals with curved, blunt horns. When charging, their horns are capable of shattering thick oaken shields. Mountain rams prefer hills and mountains over flat terrain."

In my opinion, mainline would benefit from adding a ram into the monsters category. For one thing, they look so cool standing on mountains!
Author of:
DIY Campaign, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 1, Confederacy of Swamp Creatures: Big Battle 2, Frogfolk Delivery Service, The Pool of Ek.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Helmet wrote: October 28th, 2022, 1:36 pm In my opinion, mainline would benefit from adding a ram into the monsters category. For one thing, they look so cool standing on mountains!
Interesting idea, some animal that is best in mountains, not so good in woods or flat. Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.16.4 of both Archaic Era and Archaic Resources have been uploaded to the 1.16 server. Nothing really game-changing, but some portraits, sprites, and terrain graphics were updated.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Version 1.17.1 of both Archaic Era and Archaic Resources were uploaded to the BfW 1.17 server (in preparation for BfW 1.18). There were some small art updates, but mostly this dealt with lua deprecations (Era) and terrain macro deprecations (resources).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Version 1.18.0 of Archaic Era, Archaic Resources, and Archaic Sounds have been uploaded to the BfW 1.18 server. The updates are not major, mostly image updates. But this is the first version for 1.18.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

Post by Konrad2 »

Primeval faction description
plage -> plague