The Yōkai

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: The Yōkai

Post by IPS »

Tycho_X wrote: February 12th, 2020, 9:30 am Major reworks for the Yokai are now underway. (only took, what, 2? 12? years)

Winkyface at IPS ;)
Sounds goood. Original Yokais used to be pretty underpowered and most likely unviable to play for most player's average skill level. I do remember when almost anything was underpowered in that faction long ago, fortunately I could create an unnoficial version in Ageless Era that was much more balanced which was running in that era for like a year or maybe a little more.

Good to see that one of the most original concepts in terms of independant factions is being resurrected and remasterized. Would recomend talking about the new yokai's as V2.0 or as something similar to that.

And ofc, I will do my best in my hand to make them fairly viable, fun to use and overall better balanced than they used to be for several years. Will be looking in what Tycho_X wants in mind and just tweak some stats/values for more fairness ^_^
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Sepherescent

Re: The Yōkai

Post by Sepherescent »

Hello everyone, it's been a while! Here's a little update on progress so far.

Descriptions have been added to nigh all units; some combat animations have been added also.
But most importantly, the Yokai's strategic setup has been completely revamped! Though still in progress, many non-essential units have been removed, shifted, or reworked. In addition some higher calibre level 2s/3s have been added also, sprites included!

Tiles marked with an 'X' indicate there will definitely be an advancement in the future. More is possible but IPS and I have yet to fully implement and test all balance changes. Note: none of the changes described so far have been uploaded anywhere; they aren't available to the public yet. More to come!
Attachments
The new Yokai unit tree
The new Yokai unit tree
basic_anims.png
basic_anims.png (11.85 KiB) Viewed 855 times