Wesnoth TC code

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rhyging5
Art Contributor

Wesnoth TC code

Post by rhyging5 »

Well, I'm have dowloaded the wesnoth TC shadowmaster tool (thanks!) to work with my sprites. Before, Also I used Anime tool (thanks!) when I begun to work on TSG new sprites. What I want to say is that there's some little desajustment on the magenta range in my opinion. I will try to be more specific:

- When we change from our team colors to the blue color, seems it goes to a dark blue. But if we change to the green color, it goes to a light green.

-Also the orange and brown are a bit similar. Being a possible solution changing orange color to more saturated range ( more red on his dark range and more yelow on his light range)

I know this is not a priority improvement. Just I want to point that, because when I work with TC colors depending of the color I Chose to check, I tend to chose more a dark or light of magenta TC range.
Last edited by Iris on September 5th, 2010, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Caps...
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Re: WESNOTH TC CODE

Post by Eleazar »

rhyging5 wrote:Well, I'm have dowloaded the wesnoth TC shadowmaster tool (thanks!) to work with my sprites. Before, Also I used Anime tool (thanks!) when I begun to work on TSG new sprites. What I want to say is that there's some little desajustment on the magenta range in my opinion. I will try to be more specific:

- When we change from our team colors to the blue color, seems it goes to a dark blue. But if we change to the green color, it goes to a light green.
That's intentional. The Tcolors would be much harder to distinguish in game if some didn't go lighter and others darker.
rhyging5 wrote:-Also the orange and brown are a bit similar. Being a possible solution changing orange color to more saturated range ( more red on his dark range and more yelow on his light range)
I agree that some of the Tcolors are too similar. Blue and Black for instance and also Green and Cyan.

I was messing with this a while ago. I believe i improved the Green/Cyan. But orange is not easy to make more saturated. I ended up darkening the brown, which distinguishes it from orange, but causes the new problem of making it look a lot like black.

It's easy to mess with. Just edit data/core/team-colors.cfg
Attachments
team-colors.cfg
adjusted team colors
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 1069 times
you gotta click on this.  the smaller version seems to kill the color difference
you gotta click on this. the smaller version seems to kill the color difference
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Mefisto
Art Contributor

Re: Wesnoth TC code

Post by Mefisto »

I don't know if thread necromancy is allowed here but certain idea was bothering me from some time. What about merging brown and orange ranges making it slightly lighter brown and instead of orange make pink Tcolor (similar to magenta but shifted slightly more to red)? I thought about yellow but yellow indicators would be probably undistinguishable from golden ornaments of some units.