Knyghtmare's MP Scenarios/MP Campaigns Feedback [1.16/1.17+]

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2p - Isle of Mists [1.15/1.16]

Post by anakayub »

It's that hard now?
The issue was me trying to play sleepy. The early part was okay, until the combo of Djin before dawn with the change in water level allowing him to strike first; I had positioned my units just out of reach the turn before. The issue with the Djin was more of the fact that the weather changed before his turn and not after; they're just Ulf fodder anyways.

With the second water level I was zoc'd from killing anyone, making the dune skirmisher a sacrificial lamb.
Take a breath.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The IoM has been updated for 1.15.13!
Final wave has been laxed in terms of the time given and normal waves have been split to 2 and have had their strengths halved.
Suffer! Enjoy!

Code: Select all

v1.0.4.2
--> IoM:
    --> reduced difficulty of waves so that the scenario is at least passable and not impossible.

v1.0.4
--> updated .pot file
--> added a note to specify that IoM is not beginner friendly.
--> Dark Forecast (both) version:
    --> removed movement cost modification code segment
--> Isle of Mists:
    --> Final wave duration 16 turns
    --> Final waves spawn 2-3 turns after one another
    --> regular waves split into 2.
    --> Slider adjusted to +/- 15 increments
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

v1.0.4.16:
--> XP modifier adjusted to 80% (original was 100%)
    From my latest playthrough, I have noticed that players might not
    be able to accumulate enough XP in time for the final waves so I 
    am lowering the XP modifier. I am also willing to go as far as 70%, no lower.

v1.0.4.15:
--> final waves appear 2-3 turns after each other instead of 1-2

v1.0.4.14:
--> nerfed one of the final waves
--> adjusted balance

v1.0.4.12:
--> fixed a lua error

v1.0.4.11:
--> adjusted enemy wave strength
    (if this is too easy now, I guess I gotta start upping difficulty now)

v1.0.4.10:
--> adjusted the spawner's unit amount formulae to ensure waves do overwhelm the players
    should be 4-5 units per wave
--> solitaire mode start gold bonus nerfed to 25 (from 50).
--> disallowed swimmer units from 1 MP cost on flat.
--> made it a requirement to have the scenario installed for both players
--> interval of enemy waves widened by 1 turn.

v1.0.4.9:
--> Swapped out Jinn for Wraith. Jinn was too much LMAO. I seriously think this unit is completely messed up in terms of balance. Satan would be proud to see such a unit.

v1.0.4.8:
--> reverted the village gold buff (made it too easy)

v1.0.4.7
--> IoM: slightly buffed player side(s) (village_gold has now been doubled)
--> IoM: (solitaire mode) +50 starting gold

v1.0.4.6
--> IoM: fixed deprecated lua code warning

v1.0.4.5
--> IoM: fixed anomalous bug

v1.0.4.4
--> IoM: fixed an incorrect unit ID bug
--> readjusted difficulty again
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

v1.0.4.18:
--> IoM: officially mainlined as of 1.15.14 (Yay, me!)
Hmm, I guess this thread is more or less a feedback topic now. Not sure if it should be moved to content feedback or what, but I am okay with the thread being here.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

First try with Dunefolk/Jephrif. Made it to turn 40. Oddly was going OK until the latest wave hit, then BLAMMO.

Something peculiar: Units were being healed at the start of the enemies turns as well.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Atreides wrote: July 9th, 2021, 12:10 am First try with Dunefolk/Jephrif. Made it to turn 40. Oddly was going OK until the latest wave hit, then BLAMMO.

Something peculiar: Units were being healed at the start of the enemies turns as well.
Firstly, thank you for attempting the challenge of the mists.
Secondly, "Jephrif"? What is this? Oh, that Pokemon faction...

Anyways, the "units being healed during enemy turn" thing is probably side 5 turn, which is that Elvish Lady healing you. Side 5 is allied to the player sides though.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 9th, 2021, 10:24 am
Atreides wrote: July 9th, 2021, 12:10 am First try with Dunefolk/Jephrif. Made it to turn 40. Oddly was going OK until the latest wave hit, then BLAMMO.

Anyways, the "units being healed during enemy turn" thing is probably side 5 turn, which is that Elvish Lady healing you. Side 5 is allied to the player sides though.
Lonely Era faction actually. : - ) Heh, now I gotta research Pokemon and see if the name is from there!

Ah side turn 5, I did realize she was on her own side but I guess I forgot that she'd heal on her own turn. Yes the timing seems right. I 'thought' I saw units being healed all over the map at that time but I could be mistaken.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Atreides wrote: July 9th, 2021, 1:29 pm

Lonely Era faction actually. : - ) Heh, now I gotta research Pokemon and see if the name is from there!

Ah side turn 5, I did realize she was on her own side but I guess I forgot that she'd heal on her own turn. Yes the timing seems right. I 'thought' I saw units being healed all over the map at that time but I could be mistaken.
Isle of Mists works very well! Lonely Era is bugged and can break any add-on, even though it previously worked, however, the original files are unfortunately not available anymore.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Isle of Mists works very well! Lonely Era is bugged and can break any add-on, even though it previously worked, however, the original files are unfortunately not available anymore.
That's not an issue anymore. If you're on 1.15.14, a new system of disabling inactive add-ons has been added in. For example, if you're using Four Kingdoms and Default Era, only these two add-ons will remain active and the rest will be disabled. This was caused by all MP add-ons sharing a common define.
Isle of Mists works very well!
Thank you!

If I keep getting accolades like this, I might consider making another MP scenario. Maybe another survival or RPG.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: July 9th, 2021, 6:48 pm

NorthDragon is telling tales. He's never downloaded the Lonely Era. The nonsense about unavailable files is a complete fabrication also. For reasons unknown he's decided to attack me. I think it best to ignore him and whatever problems he is going through.
Last edited by Atreides on July 17th, 2021, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 9th, 2021, 7:29 pm
That's not an issue anymore. If you're on 1.15.14, a new system of disabling inactive add-ons has been added in. For example, if you're using Four Kingdoms and Default Era, only these two add-ons will remain active and the rest will be disabled. This was caused by all MP add-ons sharing a common define.
Isle of Mists works very well!
Thank you!

If I keep getting accolades like this, I might consider making another MP scenario. Maybe another survival or RPG.
Ironically the new isolated addon system while something I was wishing would exist has actually made it hard to combine addons (obviously). There is for example the Forgotten Legends Era which can be played along with the Era of Shadows (1 faction actually) if you have both addons installed. I also wonder if the Era of Magic which has a separate images addon will still work.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Atreides wrote: July 9th, 2021, 9:17 pm

I didn't use the old Lonely Era. I used the one I maintain which is 100% bug free. There's not much of the old era left in my version. I've removed every single conflicting resource even (although that won't matter in 1.16 anymore it seems).

Come to think, of it I've never seen an add-on that broke another one yet. Perhaps I've only downloaded the good ones. : - )
Atreides wrote: July 9th, 2021, 9:17 pm I've never seen an add-on that broke another one yet.
Looks like you don't know that era influences how scenario works. These are the basic things of Wesnoth.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: July 13th, 2021, 1:34 am
Atreides wrote: July 9th, 2021, 9:17 pm

I didn't use the old Lonely Era. I used the one I maintain which is 100% bug free. There's not much of the old era left in my version. I've removed every single conflicting resource even (although that won't matter in 1.16 anymore it seems).

Come to think, of it I've never seen an add-on that broke another one yet. Perhaps I've only downloaded the good ones. : - )
Atreides wrote: July 9th, 2021, 9:17 pm I've never seen an add-on that broke another one yet.
Looks like you don't know that era influences how scenario works. These are the basic things of Wesnoth.
What I said was that I've not downloaded any myself. Yet. Don't speculate about what I know, that could be considered rude. Those are basic manners.

Can you name an add-on that you have tried that influenced a scenario?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I'm fairly sure this is off-topic for this thread.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Pentarctagon wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:08 pm I'm fairly sure this is off-topic for this thread.
100% agree. I should not have replied to NorthDragon's tangential post.