-----------------------------

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NorthDragon

Re: "FOUR KINGDOMS"

Post by NorthDragon »

Re: for @Atreides. Fog is fun, but it hides the stats, okay will be default on in the next release.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: December 28th, 2020, 7:07 pm Re: for @Atreides. Fog is fun, but it hides the stats, okay will be default on in the next release.
Thanks! Yeah stats are interesting to me as well, but I do feel that they make it a little easier.

Downloaded 1.3 and tried out the new castle interior! Very nice. Could not actually do anything indoors though, are you planning to add some things there later on?
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

It was very difficult. Nobody has developed something like this yet. You can assume you now have Battle for Wesnoth 1.16 or higher, a few tweaks are enough to add this to the game engine. Further improvements are foreseen.
Author: "Four Kingdoms" mp scenario, "Update Shroud Now -Automatically-" modification
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:12 pm It was very difficult. Nobody has developed something like this yet. You can assume you now have Battle for Wesnoth 1.16 or higher, a few tweaks are enough to add this to the game engine. Further improvements are foreseen.
Did you mean 1.14.16? I'll have to check if there is a new version! 1.16 is about a year away according to the programmers.

I was thinking perhaps the castle could lead to some tunnels (cave terrain which the current map lacks) that connect to places on the surface. Of course that would only be useful if units other than the leader unit could enter the castle.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

In the main post there is a request not to make a suggestion. Caves, are planned.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Found a bug with the map. The elven village at 43,39 (or 39.43) can't be teleported through!

Also there is a problem with the Eyestalk, it can end up starting in a hex from which it can't ever move because the terrain all around is forest. That's the area just SE from the 3 villages near the NE players farm.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

Eyestalk has very few movement points and the village may have changed hands.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: January 28th, 2021, 3:50 am Eyestalk has very few movement points and the village may have changed hands.
All the Elven style villages can't be teleported through I've found now.

Re: Eyestalk yeah it isn't a big deal if it gets trapped, it's just a plant anyways, shouldn't roam so much anyways <grin>.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

I checked it, indeed these villages have teleportation disabled. Correction to this will be in the nearest update. Thanks for your reply.

Edit: fixed in v1.4.1
Last edited by NorthDragon on May 28th, 2021, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

What are the yellow floating numbers over villages when they change hands? Gold earned? Is that what is meant by income based on population level?

BTW might be a bug some variables seem to be missing a $ in front. Shows up in error log. Doesn't cause any problems that I can see though.

Addendum: Can't buy potions at Irma's. Also tried unit training, only works if level diff is 2. Found the hidden menu in villages to display population.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Bug for 1.52

The leaders are fixed and if you play with random factions and/or another era they don't match. L3 orc is leading some elves, Undead Lich leading some dunies and a L3 dunie is leading the werewolfpelts (custom era). The leader for the human side can be manually altered at start to random from the preset but for the ai sides the leader choice is greyed out.

Also auto_shroud=no in the side tag doesn't do anything except generate a warning.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

I do not have the greyness you describe, I can freely change the leaders, the same is with auto shroud.
(Quote) "...missing a $ in front.", I do not have this, if you have such an entry, it does not apply to this add-on.
(Quote) "...works if level diff is 2.", for training, hire the Grand Marshal.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: May 28th, 2021, 1:06 pm (Quote) "...missing a $ in front.", I do not have this, if you have such an entry, it does not apply to this add-on.
Yes it does apply to this addon since I only check error logs after running a single addon to exclude just that possibility. Also I found the missing $ in your code anyways. I'm not sure what it does and it doesn't seem important but I mentioned it to help you.
NorthDragon

Post by NorthDragon »

You can have this entry from some modification or from an era. Provide a line of code with that missing $, I'll check it out.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

NorthDragon wrote: May 29th, 2021, 1:46 pm You can have this entry from some modification or from an era. Provide a line of code with that missing $, I'll check it out.
It was only in the previous version. The latest version seems to be all fixed. :-)

Nice to see that all 4 cities now have potion shops. Well if one could buy potions it would be. That still doesn't work. I send the leader to the shop and right click and pick the shop option and I'm in but when I click on a potion it does not get bought. I've even tried various controller options, keyboard, mouse double click and clicking Okay button. Nothing will buy a potion.