A Random RPG Adventure

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: A Random RPG Adventure

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Made a couple of changes to some quests and events in ARRPGA AI map, improved crafting menus and added a new option in Blacksmith.
Zydin

Post by Zydin »

Excellent work with this! I'm having a great time playing in the AI DM mode.
One issue I found is that with just regularly playing the game and performing the hunting/mining/foraging, the party status of hunger/thirst/fatigue is forgotten and then it warns us only when it is affecting the party.
Would there be any way for this party status to be always visible somewhere on the screen? Or, at the very least, that it warns us at regular intervals (ex: 25/50/75) before it actually affects the party?
Kind Regards!
PapaSmurfReloaded

Zydin wrote: December 13th, 2020, 3:56 pm Excellent work with this! I'm having a great time playing in the AI DM mode.
One issue I found is that with just regularly playing the game and performing the hunting/mining/foraging, the party status of hunger/thirst/fatigue is forgotten and then it warns us only when it is affecting the party.
Would there be any way for this party status to be always visible somewhere on the screen? Or, at the very least, that it warns us at regular intervals (ex: 25/50/75) before it actually affects the party?
Kind Regards!
One can check the hunger/thirst/rest of the party in the Party Status menu. I feel that messages at regular intervals might become very spammy.
I'll consider making them show outside the party status menu, however its unlikely to happen anytime soon, I haven't been working on wesnoth for some time now.

I am glad you are enjoying the add-on though!
Zydin

Post by Zydin »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote: December 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm One can check the hunger/thirst/rest of the party in the Party Status menu. I feel that messages at regular intervals might become very spammy.
I'll consider making them show outside the party status menu, however its unlikely to happen anytime soon, I haven't been working on wesnoth for some time now.

I am glad you are enjoying the add-on though!
I know, but it forces us to remember to check, when other micromanagement is going on (gathering materials, fighting, positioning). So it is easy to slip by and only know the condition once it already affects. Some way to show it constantly on screen would be the best, of course, but I understand if you are not planning on any addition at this time. If you change your mind, please let me know.

Yeah, pretty fun, in any case!
Zydin

Post by Zydin »

By the way, just found a bug. I finished the quest "A Cattle Thief", the one with the Yeti, and when I returned to Swanford Village to restock, it restarted in the step by the cave, to go to coordinates 34,49. I just entered debug and moved the chars there in the save and the Yeti is back after the quest had been completed before.
PapaSmurfReloaded

New version correcting the spelling of a couple of words.
Zydin wrote: December 14th, 2020, 9:49 pm By the way, just found a bug. I finished the quest "A Cattle Thief", the one with the Yeti, and when I returned to Swanford Village to restock, it restarted in the step by the cave, to go to coordinates 34,49. I just entered debug and moved the chars there in the save and the Yeti is back after the quest had been completed before.
My bad, I didn't see your message before. I have noticed that the quest sometimes presents a bug, allowing it to be repeated once, but it happens inconsistently and I haven't been able to pinpoint why it happens.
Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on January 12th, 2021, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zydin

Post by Zydin »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote: January 11th, 2021, 12:54 am New version correcting the spelling of a couple of words.
Zydin wrote: December 14th, 2020, 9:49 pm By the way, just found a bug. I finished the quest "A Cattle Thief", the one with the Yeti, and when I returned to Swanford Village to restock, it restarted in the step by the cave, to go to coordinates 34,49. I just entered debug and moved the chars there in the save and the Yeti is back after the quest had been completed before.
My bad, I didn't see your message before. I have noticed that quest presenting that sometimes allows it to be repeated once, but it happens inconsistently and I haven't been able to pinpoint why it happens.
Ok, I understand :)
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

I'm currently looking at all the add-ons that use [effect]apply_to=vision as part of issue #3356, and noticed that in ARRPGA's "Modify Unit" menu, the option for modifying movement works differently to the option for modifying vision. It seems inconsistent, although not a bug in ARRPGA.

Movement prompts with "Input Numeric Value (+1, -1, etc):", and here "+1" will increase the current value of max_moves by one.
Vision prompts with "Input Positive Numeric Value (0, +1, etc):", and here "+1" will set the vision radius to 1, ignoring the previous value.
PapaSmurfReloaded

octalot wrote: January 15th, 2021, 5:31 am I'm currently looking at all the add-ons that use [effect]apply_to=vision as part of issue #3356, and noticed that in ARRPGA's "Modify Unit" menu, the option for modifying movement works differently to the option for modifying vision. It seems inconsistent, although not a bug in ARRPGA.

Movement prompts with "Input Numeric Value (+1, -1, etc):", and here "+1" will increase the current value of max_moves by one.
Vision prompts with "Input Positive Numeric Value (0, +1, etc):", and here "+1" will set the vision radius to 1, ignoring the previous value.
Normally I'd expect DM to add as a reward or substract as a punishment movements point from units. While when it comes down to creating blindness or low vision effects, setting an absolute value seemed more straightforward.

If I recall I thought it would be easier for a DM to manipulate player vision that way.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Gave DMs the possibility to keep rolls hidden from players during games.
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I notice there was a campsite feture, but am unable to create on. Was in a party with three other freinds, and we were unable to find the option for a campsite.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Oakheart wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 2:28 am I notice there was a campsite feture, but am unable to create on. Was in a party with three other freinds, and we were unable to find the option for a campsite.
To create a campsite, the player must click on a empty hex adjacent to a unit they control. There must be no enemies in a 6 hexes radius. Also it can only be done once per turn (not player turn).

It seems to be working correctly.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Made a couple of graphical updates to the maps "Ravenburgh City" and "The Underworld".
Replays of this game should not longer scroll to DM and NPC sides leaders at the beginning of their turn.
PapaSmurfReloaded

New version out, finally added the Dunefolk faction and other new 1.16 units to ARRPGA.
Other than that just made a variety of small changes here and there.
winkr7

Post by winkr7 »

This is great, I don't have any constructive comments yet.