World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pagawan

Re: World Conquest II

Post by Pagawan »

Some heroes could use some improvements. For example the merman units as heroes are considered useless. The naga isn't that bad since in later stages he can navigate dry land well enough.
Loading Advertisement
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Uploaded this to the 1.15 addon server, Its a bit broken though because of the dunefolk rework in 1.15 . But ghype offered some help with that.
The version on 1.15 also tries to make the map generators a bit more effective. Also you can use the map generators in the editor now.
Pagawan wrote: July 14th, 2019, 6:28 pm Some heroes could use some improvements. For example the merman units as heroes are considered useless. The naga isn't that bad since in later stages he can navigate dry land well enough.
Hmm ye i am not the best player myself so i currently won't approve balance changes unless:
1) either the wesnoth units changed (like it happend with the dunefolk in 1.15)
2) or a majority of good players approves them.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

Where do we (good players) cast our votes? It's well known merman/maid find usually counts as wasted point.
Loading Advertisement
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

It's not like i have an something like official voting system, and honestly i currenly don't know how it'd do it since i don't really keep track of good players and i assume most of them have multiple accounts, but if you suggest something concrete and maybe get maybe two other people to approve it here in the thread, it will probably go in, but also notice that even if its 'in' it won't go to the addon server untill i actuall make a new release.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

Alright. I know a few good players, I can get them to support.
Loading Advertisement
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

Hi, first, thanks for maintaining this beautiful addon,
Second, Can you make bigger maps for 1st and 2nd scenarios , because in some nightmare situations, fight area gets too tight, especially when you got no space to run, this's more apparent in map2 when you get surrounded, and very likely to lose.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

I recently played 1p. Strangely i had the same experience. I struggled on the first and second scenarios due to the map being small. Loyalists with horsemen and mages and drakes in general are especially hard to deal with. On the other hand, once i got through the first two, the third and the fourth scenarios were a piece of cake. The fifth got difficult again, but that's to be expected.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Krogen wrote: September 17th, 2019, 8:56 pm I recently played 1p. Strangely i had the same experience. I struggled on the first and second scenarios due to the map being small. Loyalists with horsemen and mages and drakes in general are especially hard to deal with. On the other hand, once i got through the first two, the third and the fourth scenarios were a piece of cake. The fifth got difficult again, but that's to be expected.
So do you think that this effects only the 1p version or also the other versions?
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

I only experienced it in the 1p version. Never had any problems of that nature in 2p and definitely not in 3p.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

I was talking about 2p, and especially 3p, you get surrounded very easily.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm okay once says yes one says no, so I'd currently not change the 2p or 3p map size
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi,
for map1, you can set for a big map in settings when you create the map. you can set also the number of villages, more or less hills.
i dont know if the settings in map1 apply to map2, map3, ...
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

SatHyre wrote: September 21st, 2019, 10:27 am i dont know if the settings in map1 apply to map2, map3, ...
they don't . I could change that (so that there woudl bea slider like for example from -50% to +50% mapsize that'd then apply to all scenarios) but that'd require features from wesnoth 1.15 so not going to happen soon.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

gfgtdf wrote: September 21st, 2019, 10:48 am
SatHyre wrote: September 21st, 2019, 10:27 am i dont know if the settings in map1 apply to map2, map3, ...
they don't . I could change that (so that there woudl bea slider like for example from -50% to +50% mapsize that'd then apply to all scenarios) but that'd require features from wesnoth 1.15 so not going to happen soon.
good idea.
for players, big map means sometimes you have to run killing the AI unless you lose by turn limit.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello gfgtdf,

some requests :
- make the faction Empire available in the random list for the players.
- make the faction Dunefolk available for AI. we want to fight them.
- a new level of difficulty. more difficult than nightmare, the max level now.

in nightmare, if you play 1p, AI recruit 1 unit lvl2 at map1 ; at map2, there are 2 lvl2 + one lvl2 with item. if you play 3p, 3 units lvl2 at map1, and 6 lvl2 and 1 lvl2 with item in map2.
for this new difficulty level, just double the lvl2 : 1p got 2 lvl2 at map1 and 6 lvl2 + 1 lvl2 with item at map2. and so on.
for map3 to 5, as i dont know/count how many the lvl2 and 3 are, can you please give me the settings? before we set if we have to double them or not.

thanks in advance.