World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SneakDog

Re: World Conquest II

Post by SneakDog »

Greetings,

Been playing this map in 2 player, and I must say it feels singleplayerish with the way the mapgen splits the players. There is low interaction between players. Would a clustered start option be possible, so in multiplayer you can mix your armies?
In map 2~3 we consistently start split and the enemy armies keep us split until it's been mostly won. Foolish me decided general was a fine difficulty, so I don't have anything to say about map 4~5.
ArthurMitchell

Post by ArthurMitchell »

SneakDog wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:10 pm Greetings,

Been playing this map in 2 player, and I must say it feels singleplayerish with the way the mapgen splits the players. There is low interaction between players. Would a clustered start option be possible, so in multiplayer you can mix your armies?
In map 2~3 we consistently start split and the enemy armies keep us split until it's been mostly won. Foolish me decided general was a fine difficulty, so I don't have anything to say about map 4~5.
Hit me up when you're online for a game, SneakDog.

Team interactions are a great part of WC and even though it may seem the game can be played mostly "every man for himself", having a common strategy with your ally is often the key to success. Mixing armies is not really a viable tactic, but there's definitely a lot of teamwork and assistance between allies. I've found having a strong teammate and rapport with them makes the game much more fun, and easier at the same time.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Hello, I apologize for be out of Wesnoth without any advice. I had a serious mental depresion that made my comunications with other people very difficult. I also want to thanks gfgtdf for mantain this add on, I deserve him the best in that task. I also want to give a hug to my old friendas jb and paso, who played with me a lot and helped so much in test. I feel very sorry for not being able to play Wesnoth anymore, my brain is no longer in sane mod, just too sad to concentrate in a game.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Hugs, not drugs. :)

Welcome back tekelili. Hope to see you soon. Let's fix your insane brain the old fashioned way, with love and understanding.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Antro
Translator

Re: World Conquest II - translation feedback

Post by Antro »

Hi gents, translating WCII to italian I noticed some... issues:

- the campagn id is not translatable WC_II_1
Notes for translators report in it.po file

Code: Select all

[campaign]: id=WC_II_{PLAYERS}p, 
description={WC_II_CAMPAIGN_DESC_{PLAYERS}
P}, type=mp
- same issue for "Difficulty" and "Version", this last one is missing also a space, maybe a colon ?
- "Get This Item" from bonus screen, same issue

wcII_screen.png
Attachments
wcII_screen_2.png
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi,

first, thanks to dev to improve the AI. WC is more challeging now. when AI makes a front-line and attacks together, you know the game would be hard.

second, good that we can play WC without installing an add-on.

third, i notice 2 bugs :
- one is about the flight item : it does not give the 50% defense.
- the other is about plan unit advance : i set a shaman as elf sorc and i got a druid. my teammate said that he got the same bug. and i was not wrong about my choice : it is the second times.

fourth, epic trait. normally, it gives 60 XP at level2. now, the level1 gets also 60 XP ; it should his "normal" XP. and can you give the epic trait to unit with only level2? like ogre, orc assassin, gryphon, ulf. sometimes, archers get it !?

thanks for your good job.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

third, i notice 2 bugs :
- one is about the flight item : it does not give the 50% defense.
- the other is about plan unit advance : i set a shaman as elf sorc and i got a druid. my teammate said that he got the same bug. and i was not wrong about my choice : it is the second times.

fourth, epic trait. normally, it gives 60 XP at level2. now, the level1 gets also 60 XP ; it should his "normal" XP. and can you give the epic trait to unit with only level2? like ogre, orc assassin, gryphon, ulf. sometimes, archers get it !?
I will investigate the 2 bugs and the epic trait thing...
For the plan unit advance thing, I don't think that's part of WC but rather the core game. However WC had its own PUA thing in it so I will be checking if one overrides the other.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

thanks.
i am not sure but the PUA bug would appear only when you tick on "apply to all...".
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

To people who wanted monsters as an enemy faction in WC: can you elaborate on what/which monsters you want or would like to see as recruits/commanders?
stencil

Post by stencil »

Hello, just quick question about WCII: when playing single player on 1.16 it is always giving me three special points on the map (i.e. the ones that give the unit/training/special item). When I was playing WCII on 1.14 I think I remember that the number of those points was dependent on number of players, so single player would only have one of those points. Was it intentionally changed for 1.16 to include more points regardless of number of players, or is that a bug? Thanks very much!
Thank you to everyone who has worked on this game!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

stencil wrote: January 25th, 2022, 8:11 pm Hello, just quick question about WCII: when playing single player on 1.16 it is always giving me three special points on the map (i.e. the ones that give the unit/training/special item). When I was playing WCII on 1.14 I think I remember that the number of those points was dependent on number of players, so single player would only have one of those points. Was it intentionally changed for 1.16 to include more points regardless of number of players, or is that a bug? Thanks very much!
Intentional/Feature
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

I gave this campaign a whirl recently and it's still great fun. I played the version that comes with Wesnoth 1.16.1 and a noticed a couple of minor issues.

1. We reached one of the 'points of interest' and discovered the item that gives cold melee and slows, but the elf that picked it up didn't get the usual overlay (or maybe they lost it later). The item worked as intended and the unit didn't require upkeep, so it's just a graphical thing, perhaps due to the deprecation of the overlay tag.

2. When choosing leaders I noticed that Vampire Bat and Falcon were listed as a recruit combo for the Empire faction, but they weren't available in-game (not that I really minded).

3. We gave the flight stick to a mage with disengage which worked a treat. However, it was a shame that the item didn't give 50% defence on all terrain which is what I would have expected.

4. The description for war banner is either misleading or the code is wrong. I gave it to an Orc Ruler, but the leadership bonus wasn't cumulative as stated. I got +20% for a unit of the same level, but only +25% for a lower-level unit. I expected +45%. Also, the description mentions "allies" which made me worry that it would only affect my team-mate's units. Maybe it should be reworded for clarity.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote: February 28th, 2022, 1:58 am 4. The description for war banner is either misleading or the code is wrong. I gave it to an Orc Ruler, but the leadership bonus wasn't cumulative as stated. I got +20% for a unit of the same level, but only +25% for a lower-level unit. I expected +45%. Also, the description mentions "allies" which made me worry that it would only affect my team-mate's units. Maybe it should be reworded for clarity.
I noticed this too and you are right.
Banner is supposed to be cumulative with leadership, as it always has been. This is a bug in the new version that needs to be fixed, making it a feature would be the worst mistake ever. A huge part of World Conquest is giving the right item for the right unit, Banner with a level 4 Grand Marshal for example is a game-winning strategy, one of the best combos in the entire game and one which i personally used to basically walk over the 5th scenario with ease on more than one occasions. It's also a really fun and creative way to play, would be a real loss.

Please fix this asap.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

This has been fixed in 1.17, however it isn't able to be fixed in 1.16 since it would cause OOS errors if players with the fixed version play with others who still have the unfixed version.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

That is a real shame, but many thanks for the update.
Time to download 1.17 then.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister