Ravana's Multiplayer Works

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ravana's Multiplayer Works

Post by Ravana »

It includes all attacks.
Wolfer

Post by Wolfer »

Sorry, I tested now and you're right. All attacks, melee and range are upgraded. But i noticed that is something wrong.
I want buy damage upgrade to the Dark Adept. He has only ranged magic attacks and has it two. When i bought upgrade, only one of them was upgraded - shadow wave. Chill wave was the same. Second time upgrade was added to both attacks. After some upgrades It happened the other way round - chill wave was upgraded and shadow wave not.

Test it yourself. Dark Adpet is only example. Create any unit, give change it max experience about 100, give it 90 experience, buy damage several times and see how the attack values change. Not always both are upgraded at the same time.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Ensure you test in neutral daytime.
Wolfer

Post by Wolfer »

Yep, You're right again. I forgot about +/- 25% bonus of daytime.

I also wanted to discuss the matter with other special abilities. I know that ghosts have the unique ability to drain and that is why in his case the cost of improvements is, however, more expensive. But I think such abilities as backstab and regeneration also is powerful in connection with upgrades.
Troll and Tree (Ent?) can buying addiotional HP and in next turn heal yourself to new max HP.
Thief with backstab and additional DMG or Strike is so powerful, but cost is the same. I think backstab is comparably powerful as drain or maybe more.
Additional DMG with Backstab (+6 DMG), additional strike with Backstab is next double DMG.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Adding more such rules makes addon harder to understand though.
Wolfer

Post by Wolfer »

But I think the balance of the gameplay is much more important than the understandable rules. Rules can always be refined and added in the description.
Since there has been one exception to the rule, another should be taken into account.
Can-ned_Food

Re: Ravana's Multiplayer Works — XP Mod and AMLA

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Maybe you'd rather have the additions be made in multiple AMLAs. That would allow you to vary improvements per each different [unit_type].

The XP Mod shouldn't do that, though. That's the jorb of the unit_type designer.
The XP Mod exists to compensate for the bland AMLAs.

Amla. Australian Marketting and Licensing Agency.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Error for Royal Rumble:

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    C:\Users\Parker\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14/data/add-ons/Royal_Rumble_Updated/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

No macro or file substitution target specified
    at ~add-ons/Royal_Rumble_Updated/macros/menu.lua:5
        included from ~add-ons/Royal_Rumble_Updated/macros/noshroud.cfg:28
        included from ~add-ons/Royal_Rumble_Updated/_main.cfg:14
        included from ~add-ons/Royal_Rumble_Updated/multiplayer/RR_Classic.cfg:9
        included from ~add-ons/Royal_Rumble_Updated/_main.cfg:15
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Updated.

https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Royal ... 47c6c0d002 that is one downside of using Lua file for development and Lua string for release.
enclave

Post by enclave »

i couldnt find hide faction choice, does it have other name? i seen people had it..
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I dont think I have uploaded it for 1.14. It was proof of concept addon, and I do not intend to work on it.

I did tell some people that 1.12 version works on 1.14 too with some deprecation warnings.
enclave

Post by enclave »

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Ultra hardcore Orocia first recorded victory without ChaosRider addons https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Oroci ... -437502279
n13320

Re: Ravana's XP Modification

Post by n13320 »

Hi Ravana,

I started a campaign with your Xp Mod add-on, just a quick question... when I buy extra attacks for my units with the xp they show up on the unit description on the side however the unit only does the normal number of attacks.

Could this mod be incompatible with the Armoury Mod that allows you to pick up weapons?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It affect all attacks that unit currently has. If armory keeps the attacks in unit variables, instead of on unit, then xp mod is not aware of them to modify them.

Might be incompatible, never used armory mod.