SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Para

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.6.0n - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Para »

Hi,

I just wanted to say this is one of the best addons made.

One suggestion though: could you make it that so when a person has a slow weapon but wants to add magical to it doesn't have to suffer the fate "buy magical which overwrites slow then buy slow again"? It is quite irritating when it happens.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Hello para,

thx for your feedback.
ok, nice suggestion. i will see what i can do to allow more weapon special combos :)

there may be the option for some specials to get added to some combinations, but not all. :)

actually im busy at work and family, but soon i will have some free time.
theres an drop-item update to come and it will probably get the new weapn-special combo system added as well.

.. well, and probably another small map, at least i hope so.
a crispy small map would be nice :)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
gooby

Post by gooby »

How do you win SXRPG? I'm playing Castle of Cantar here and I keep getting swamped by the enemy.
MCP

Post by MCP »

You don't, you just die.

But seriously, I don't know if you can watch any of these replays now, but this is some of us beating it on the harder modes:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33367
gooby

Post by gooby »

I made some headway by choosing all ghosts and defeated the Orcish leader. Not very long afterward, I was done in by dragons. I guess if I entered the caves in the east I might be able to bottleneck them. At any rate, I'm done with it for now.

Are there any other add-ons where you get another go if you defeat an enemy? It was fun playing that way.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

hey gooby - Castle of Cantar is by far the easiest map of the 4 maps included in SXRPG-pack.

all you need is practice i think. also a lot of strategy is involved to build up a successful hero.
and of course tactics. a combination of bottleneck, get some resistances, and/or use some kind of hit-and-run strategy (via potions and/or spells and/or ability (hit and run) might do the trick. healing after attacking may be also beneficial.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

If it's any consolation, I've been playing SX for 2 years and still haven't beat any of the maps :P
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.6.1m - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Long overdue update:

Version 4.6.1m:
-------------------------------------------------
4.6.1m: - fixed no-luck-mode-bug:
demons summoned by players get "unluckyfied" if no-luck mode is enabled.
this was not the case in former versions, which ruined the game-perfomance
in the late game when demons got summoned and no-luck-mode was enabled
to reduce combat-calculation time.

now the game should run a lot better with no-luck mode enabled in late game

- simplified combat calculation cannot be activated if no-luck-mode is enabled
to avoid possible interdependencies between the two systems
(and to minimize unneeded calculation time)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Mabse: could I suggest again that you upload SX-RPG to the umc-dev svn repository? We could help you with stuff like code simplification and neatness, and stuff. :)
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

vultraz wrote:Mabse: could I suggest again that you upload SX-RPG to the umc-dev svn repository? We could help you with stuff like code simplification and neatness, and stuff. :)
ok, sounds good. :)

(btw, needless to say that i wanted to implement an item-drop system and a new map as well, but i thought to fix that single (but annoying) bug before i work the other things is a good idea)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Mabuse wrote:
vultraz wrote:Mabse: could I suggest again that you upload SX-RPG to the umc-dev svn repository? We could help you with stuff like code simplification and neatness, and stuff. :)
ok, sounds good. :)
Sweet. :) You can contact Espreon about the details.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

vultraz wrote: Sweet. :) You can contact Espreon about the details.
btw, i had not the time to do so yet, but you can be sure that i will contact espreon sooner or later, since i need some advice on that matter ;)
Silux

Post by Silux »

Just finished a dungeon!
It's a really epic add-on!

I tried all the three skill trees and i found them really flavorful and useful.
Necromancy is the most powerful,mostly because of the ability to instant recruiting lvl1 loyal minions to explore and fodder.
Reanimating Touch and Curse Life Once More makes you to convert powerful guards and stopping enemies at the gates, or convert bosses to moveless spawn bases.
Evocation is way less useful for magics and summoning, except for Gate, Fire Dragon and Meteor Storm.
Gate for bypassing guards and cave walls, and Meteor Storm for crushing fortresses to sand, which lowers guards defense and hinders enemies recruiting.
The damage and the power of spells is to low to be useful(energy bolt damage should be multiplied and not added by evocation skill!)
To get better evocation, why not adding fire, water, earth, wind elementals to the summoning spells?They are all done in the Alkamija set of Era of Magic!
Nature isn't so great for summoning, but the spells which manipulate the terrain are a lot useful!
I wish i could summon wolves, rats, scorpions as instant, maybe depending on the terrain you are on.Yeti final summoning is great for the big health and attack, but is clumsy on normal terrain(maybe a Fire Yeti version, with enchanced movement but less health).

Recruiting seems a waste of gold, since there are no villages to maintain units.If you over recruit units early on, you will lose lots of gold and eventually lose because you can't upgrade the character.
Spending in the shop is interesting but long sometimes.I wish there where some bulk sale in the terrain shop, like buying the elusivefoot movetype, or the fly movetype.Same for the armory shop the chance to buy a set of resistances like the heavy infantry armor, or a drake-like battle suit.

Gate guards are mostly a cash gate as some have high regen or really high attacks, which make your units near to useless and you should spend 1-2k of gold in health just to survive.Some health increase as the unit levels up can help with this^^

An ability i'd like really to buy for a warrior is the immunity to slow:)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Silux wrote:Just finished a dungeon!
It's a really epic add-on!
Hello Silux, thx for that
Silux wrote: I tried all the three skill trees and i found them really flavorful and useful.
Necromancy
Evocation
Nature
But i must mention that you probably used another ERA with SXRPG which is ok, but the things you mentioned is stuff from another era.

the era's which should be used with SXRPG are the SXRPG eras. any other eras are not tested and may mess up the gameplay.
Silux wrote: Recruiting seems a waste of gold, since there are no villages to maintain units.If you over recruit units early on, you will lose lots of gold and eventually lose because you can't upgrade the character.
exactly. for that reason you cannot recruit normally in SXRPG era.
Silux wrote: Spending in the shop is interesting but long sometimes.I wish there where some bulk sale in the terrain shop, like buying the elusivefoot movetype, or the fly movetype.Same for the armory shop the chance to buy a set of resistances like the heavy infantry armor, or a drake-like battle suit.
well, since you have max up to 5 terrain slots, and it is most important to stay versatile since you can never know which terains you really need on a map it is quite useless to add fixed combinations. 5 slots can be spent quickly.

its basically the same with the armor.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Mabuse wrote: Silux wrote:
I tried all the three skill trees and i found them really flavorful and useful.
Necromancy
Evocation
Nature

But i must mention that you probably used another ERA with SXRPG which is ok, but the things you mentioned is stuff from another era.

the era's which should be used with SXRPG are the SXRPG eras. any other eras are not tested and may mess up the gameplay.
Sounds like he was probably playing with EP's Era of High Sorcery.