Era of High Sorcery

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: Era of High Sorcery

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

If Wesnoth crashes, it's always a Wesnoth bug rather than an EoHS bug. I'll work around it if I can, but this doesn't give me enough information to figure out what the issue is.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

More info: I'm using 1.12.5 (no updates since last version of EoHS)

am able to obs EoHS.
Elvish_Pillager

So it happens EVERY time you open the EoHS menu? Is that just the regular menu, the off-turn menu, or both? Does it make a difference whether the game is a networked multiplayer game or just local? EDIT: Also, what operating system are you on?

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue in either 1.12.4 on Linux or 1.12.6 on Windows.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

Update: another 1.12.5 user also reported this problem. I would suggest just upgrading to 1.12.6. Unless you happen to know how to use git bisect. (I could theoretically do it myself with the help of a playtester on 1.12.5, but that's a lot of work that I'm not up to doing today.) EDIT: another update: this might have to do with different BOOST versions, not different WESNOTH versions...
Elvish_Pillager

I've made a bugfix release that should fix the crashes. (It was a Wesnoth bug after all, but I've worked around it.)

This MAY also have been the cause of the various bugs and crashes in Kill Literally 1000 Zombies, so I'd be interested to see if that is working well now.

While I was investigating, I also found the cause of the latest zombie swarm animation bug, so zombie swarm movement is now animated again.
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

Elvish_Pillager wrote:So it happens EVERY time you open the EoHS menu? Is that just the regular menu, the off-turn menu, or both? Does it make a difference whether the game is a networked multiplayer game or just local? EDIT: Also, what operating system are you on?

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue in either 1.12.4 on Linux or 1.12.6 on Windows.
Yes. Don't know, I suspect both. No. Windows 7.

The bug fix fixed the bug tho. Continuing test. Thanks
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

I have spotted 2 more bugs. First, the zombie swarm zombies can't level up, their xp just stays at over the required limit. Second, the xp from zombie swarm zombies can exceed your leader xp limit and you will not level up.

Look at this replay, also this is how normal eohs gameplay looks now xD
Attachments
2g_—_Wolne_Ziemie-Autozapis15.gz
(654.86 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Turn 8 chocobone rush win in the new patch, sadly not turn 6, but it was close xD

Chocoboners are made for me EP, I am destined to chocobone rush and crush, and no amount of nerfs is going to take it away from me.
Attachments
turn_8_chocobone_rush_win_new_patch.gz
(582.15 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Another bug: When I had dark pact on and was siphoning 1 unit a ghoul failed to poison me
Vazl

Post by Vazl »

Greetings, EP! Long time, no see! Are you still working on this addon? I still love it! :) Do you have any plans on updating it for 1.14.1?
Elvish_Pillager

Alas… I've actually put quite a bit of work into updating it, and actually made some big new features, but I kept running into Wesnoth crashes. (Although it's possible that those have been fixed since last time I checked, which I think was on 1.13.10 or 1.13.12, can't remember for sure.)

I hope to finish the process eventually, but I'm currently dealing with cubital tunnel syndrome, so I definitely won't be able to work on this for at least a few months.

EDIT: I guess I could theoretically get someone else to help me work on it by screen sharing. So if anyone wants to do loads of work with me on frustrating stuff for not even the guarantee that we can get the new EoHS features to work properly, let me know.
Vazl

Post by Vazl »

That's great! I just found out that Wesnoth has come to Steam and got a real craving to go back and play Wesnoth again (yeah, I usually end up playing it a couple of months in a row and then take a break for half a year, which I've been doing pretty much since Wesnoth beginnings, heh). I found out that the previous version of EoHS wouldn't load properly in this new Wesnoth version, which is why I came here looking. Glad to hear you're still at it :) Looking forward to these new features you mention!

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your ulnar nerve entrapment :( I hope you get well soon, but take it slow and don't push it :)
Derth

Post by Derth »

Would someone need to know how luascript works to be able to help, or just be a decent typist?
Elvish_Pillager

I've actually got a volunteer already!

(For the record: it's very inconvenient to dictate code to someone who doesn't know the language. So you'd pretty much have to know lua, or at least enough programming that you can learn to recognize the lua syntax quickly. It's also preferable to know how to work with GitHub and invoking wesnoth from the commandline, and it's also helpful to be on Linux, apparently, because one of the debugging features seems to work only on Linux and not Windows. My current volunteer is on Windows, alas.)

(If you want to help and you fit that description pretty well, I'd like to know, in case my current volunteer situation doesn't work out for whatever reason.)
ScegfOd

Post by ScegfOd »

If your current volunteer doesn't work out, I think I'd like to help.

Also, get well soon!