Into The Underworld - MP RPG!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mica

Re: Into The Underworld - New MP RPG!

Post by Mica »

Thanks to Sapient and Zookeeper I have fixed a few bugs and made a small change.

- If you're not using Bob's RPG era, you can't pick up the Frost Bow or Ice Rod at 5,3
- If you're not using Bob's RPG era and you step on yeti's tracks and are a ranger, it will also display "There is little I can deduce from these prints" as well as the correct phrase.
- You can now undo a move on ice if it doesn't break.

I'll zip the files and put them here for those that want them, but I won't be releasing a new version just yet.
Attachments
Into_The_Underworld.zip
(837.8 KiB) Downloaded 766 times
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Me and my friend beat it using Era of Magic Masters (yeah I know :oops: ), but the swamp monsters were so weak we couldn't die and move to the next area, would it be possible to have a super monster somewhere in the swamps for suicide purposes?

It seem like you nearly always die in or before the swamps, and if you survive then you can't finish it...damned if you do damned if you don't :shock:
pfiffi

Post by pfiffi »

I tried this campaign with Wesnoth 1.6.4 and got an error cause of unknown unit type 'Royal Agent'. Is there any way around? Will this campaign be updated for 1.6, respectively 1.7?

greetings,
pfiffi

Post by pfiffi »

edit: i made a new request in the better fitting wml-section. The new post can be found here

I had a quick look into the scripts of the campaign and found, that this missing unit is actually defined like this:

Code: Select all

#textdomain wesnoth-trow
[unit]
    id=Royal Agent
    name= _ "Royal Agent"
    race=human
    gender=male
    image="../data/campaigns/The_Rise_Of_Wesnoth/images/units/noble-lord.png"
    image_leading="../data/campaigns/The_Rise_Of_Wesnoth/images/units/noble-lord-leading.png"
#ifdef CAMPAIGN_THE_RISE_OF_WESNOTH
    profile=../data/campaigns/The_Rise_Of_Wesnoth/images/portraits/haldric.png
#endif
    hitpoints=64
    [abilities]
        {ABILITY_ALLIED_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_3}
    [/abilities]
    movement_type=smallfoot
    movement=6
    experience=150
    level=3
Also the data it refers to exists (in my case it can be found at /usr/share/games/wesnoth/data/campaigns/....).

So this is the first time I get involved with the scripts used in Wesnoth and I believe there must be an error in either the path or the definition itself. Some quick help, please? Would be nice to make this campaign functional again.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

pfiffi wrote:I tried this campaign with Wesnoth 1.6.4 and got an error cause of unknown unit type 'Royal Agent'. Is there any way around? Will this campaign be updated for 1.6, respectively 1.7?

greetings,
Do you have the mainline campaigns, especially The Rise of Wesnoth, installed? Debian splits Wesnoth down into smaller packages to support all 3 people who still use dial-up.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
13arrage

Post by 13arrage »

Aethaeryn wrote:
pfiffi wrote:I tried this campaign with Wesnoth 1.6.4 and got an error cause of unknown unit type 'Royal Agent'. Is there any way around? Will this campaign be updated for 1.6, respectively 1.7?

greetings,
Do you have the mainline campaigns, especially The Rise of Wesnoth, installed? Debian splits Wesnoth down into smaller packages to support all 3 people who still use dial-up.

Just though I mentioned that I tried this on 1.6.5. and got the same problem. Yeah, I have all the mainline campaigns installed. I didn't actually see it on the add-on server, I added it directly from this forum topic.=/ So what's wrong?

Oh, and hi Aeth! *wave*
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

13arrage wrote:Just though I mentioned that I tried this on 1.6.5. and got the same problem. Yeah, I have all the mainline campaigns installed. I didn't actually see it on the add-on server, I added it directly from this forum topic.=/ So what's wrong?
I was just trying to eliminate the most obvious option first, since when I troubleshoot I tend to overlook the obvious until last. :P

Maybe some of the WML is outdated. I'll have to try to take a look at it if no one does before I can get to it.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
13arrage

Post by 13arrage »

I think you're right about the WML being outdated. Apparently the path to the units doesn't actually /work/. It's not just royal agent. I fiddled a little and 'giant crow' wouldn't show either. Fiddled that and nor would 'angel.'
Garrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Never fear! I have updated Into The Underworld, and uploaded it on the server for 1.7.8 (along with some of my other add-ons). Whenever an update like this happens, there's bound to be a few new bugs. If you suspect them, report them!
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Slann

Post by Slann »

Ey, i cant continue on swamp territory I annihilated each enemy there, and conquer each village, but now nothing happens :x
Slann

Post by Slann »

Well, seems that i have to suicide units until monster of swamp, but when i do it, the unit simply resucite on the same hex.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Since the swamp bit is totally broken and there are so many messed up file paths, I am working on a big bug-fix. I thought I might as well tweak the difficulty while I'm at it. I personally found it decently challenging - right up until the final fight, at which point it struck me as pretty easy. Did anyone else get that far? Could they let me know, without ruining the story at all, what they thought?
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Araja

Re: Into The Underworld - MP RPG!

Post by Araja »

I found this one in 1.4.6 or 1.4.7, and I'm not sure if it's still there or not:
contains enemy location:
As I said, I'm not sure if this is still around, because right now I only have 1.6.
Slann

Post by Slann »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote:Since the swamp bit is totally broken and there are so many messed up file paths, I am working on a big bug-fix. I thought I might as well tweak the difficulty while I'm at it. I personally found it decently challenging - right up until the final fight, at which point it struck me as pretty easy. Did anyone else get that far? Could they let me know, without ruining the story at all, what they thought?
in my opinion, the hardest part is on snow mountains. You know, with yetis and trolls...
Anyway, i would prefer more level 0 units rather a few level 1 units.

Also, the dwarf guy that you find on north is attacked by many enemies. It isnt difficult lose this dwarf there.
Drakefriend

Re: Into The Underworld - MP RPG!

Post by Drakefriend »

The root thing doesn't work!
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.