The Labyrinth Of Champions - A Multiplayer RPG

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

I have updated Labyrinth of Champions.

Version 1.9.5 is on the Add-Ons server for Wesnoth 1.3.8

I went through converted a lot of the WML into macros fixing a few long-forgotten bugs along the way. I also corrected the XP% setting and the way shops store gold. That should all work fine now.

Oh, I made a few of the enemies a bit tougher, but players won't notice much difference. The main changes were to clean up the code and make the .cfg more managable.

A few little errors might have slipped in while I was fiddling. Let me know if you find any...
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Grand Marshal Aditya

Post by Grand Marshal Aditya »

Would it be viable to attach this to the main game, without having to download the addons?

It seems well thought out and deserving of a position on the main group...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Hey Bob, thanks so much for LoC. I think it ought to be added to the "Wesnoth Hall of Fame". The first time I played it I (was a real dummy) and played with only one player. I was very new to Wesnoth and it took me almost 300 turns. Now it's more like 150, can't believe I was such an idiot. It was really fun and I loved the storyline along with the riddles and traps.
Last edited by Darth Jordius on January 18th, 2008, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Wow, does anyone really still play this? I thought it was about the greatest survival ever, but now I've been sucked into SX.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Clonkinator

Post by Clonkinator »

Darth Jordius wrote:Wow, does anyone really still play this? I thought it was about the greatest survival ever, but now I've been sucked into SX.
I do. Playing this with Bob's RPG Era is really fun! :D
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

I tried to play it, but for some reason the game had a lag of random seconds between turns so at the end of turn 106 I quitted.

I think that far I reached was getting punked by the "choose the correct tunnel" enemy, so indeed I didn't choosed the correct and got a fast end.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Wow, does anyone really still play this? I thought it was about the greatest survival ever, but now I've been sucked into SX.

LoC is not a survival, it's an RPG. There is a clear difference between the 2 game styles and they should not be confused.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

jb wrote:

LoC is not a survival, it's an RPG. There is a clear difference between the 2 game styles and they should not be confused.
Jb, thanks :D

And, Vendanna, you should try using :nosaves - those pauses were probably caused by the game making an autosave at the start of every turn.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

jb wrote:

Sorry, I knew that, but I've just got into the habit of calling anything where you only have one unit a survival.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Darth Jordius wrote:
jb wrote:
Sorry, I knew that, but I've just got into the habit of calling anything where you only have one unit a survival.
There are plenty of survivals with more than one unit too (e.g. 6p Survival or Dark Forecast). In fact, I'd probably call Survival Xtreme not a true survival and more on a category of its own.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

It seems that I only get lag when using bob's era along with the Laberinth of Champions, probably some code on the bob's era gives a slowdown on my machine, since without it I do not notice any slowdown with the map.

Still I didn't beat it, but its starting to look interesting. (pesky bats) *grumpfs* :wink:
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Aethaeryn wrote:
Darth Jordius wrote: Sorry, I knew that, but I've just got into the habit of calling anything where you only have one unit a survival.
There are plenty of survivals with more than one unit too (e.g. 6p Survival or Dark Forecast). In fact, I'd probably call Survival Xtreme not a true survival and more on a category of its own.
My my, how picky. Survival Xtreme is an adventure survival, sort of like Bob's LoC is an adventure RPG, at least that's what I'd call it.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

No the lag happened for me, however using nosaves fixes it.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Hey, I've long had the idea of making a scenario detailing how the heroes in the Hall of Fallen Heroes came to the Labyrinth in the first place, fighting their way through all sorts of dangers just to make it to the famous maze of Lord Hullon and hopefully claim the prize. I might even make one last scenario where it shows how they were all defeated, and I'd probably add a few more traps. I have a great friend that is willing to help me on this as well.

However, I wanted to get your okay. I guess you can't stop me from doing this :P but I think it's just common decency to ask before committing a minor form of plagiarism.

Thanks again, Jordan.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

I don't think LoC would make a good MP campaign considering it takes a long time to just complete stand-alone.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]