The Labyrinth Of Champions - A Multiplayer RPG

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jistanidiot

Re: The Labyrinth Of Champions - A Multiplayer RPG

Post by jistanidiot »

It seems the shop with extra strikes in dwarf town is what causes the oos errors.
globnar

Post by globnar »

If you're using an Iron Mauler, in the section where' you're telported to fight a one-on-one duel, and the iron mauler goes to the hills, he can't get out b/c he can't move onto a mountain.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Some recent developments:

Code: Select all

Version 2.8

- Allow NPC units to pass the duel chambers after the players.
	- Changed Lord Hullon's portrait to not rely on TRoW.
	- Fixed some item images not getting removed from the map.
	- Fixed bat cave chests removing all items from the map.
	- Added right-click option for switching NPC's to another player.
	- Added right-click option for giving gold to another player even without Bob's RPG Era.

Version 2.7

- Updated for Wesnoth 1.12
	- Fixed a bug which caused an OOS at Appletok
I did the stuff in 2.8 based on things I noticed during my playthrough, but I actually didn't look at this thread first. Looks like there's a few things mentioned which need fixing.
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

Somebody told me that a Wose would not survive this, so I soloed it with a Wose. Behold.
Attachments
5p_-_The_Labyrinth_Of_Cham..._replay.gz
(163.41 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

The AI side could use disallow_observers=yes to not reveal the map to them. You can also use disallow_recall=yes(at scenario level) to show an alternative message if one tries that. That applies for basically all RPG style games.
Try out the dark board theme.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hi Bob!

I am playing this today and noticed that changing stance removes poison. I don't suppose this is by design?

Please find a save at turn 97. Examples are at around turns 85-92.

There also seems to be an issue with the mind juice. I had 53 max xp, I drank two and it went down to 47, but it went back up to 53 for some reason.

On an unrelated note, it seems that I am also able to smite anyone (including allies). Is this working as intended?
Attachments
5p - The Labyrinth Of Champions Turn 97.gz
(792.48 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Thanks for the ongoing bug reports! Changing your stance isn't meant to cure poison, it's a problem with [remove_object] that I keep trying and failing to fix. Your max xp increases whenever you level up, so unless it was that it might be a similar bug to the poison. Smite should have a limited range (and you can only smite a target once), but apart from that it's up you who you use it on. With great power...
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I'm currently about halfway through this. First time I've gotten past the first few rooms without losing someone and quitting in despair. Torlic is a delight for a Python fan to behold. Half expected him to rant about unladen swallows...

No bugs to report, so far it's running like a finely tuned 5.0l V-8.

One thing that would be nice to know in advance is that in order to switch a followers leader you can only do so before he moves. Only found out by accident that this was possible using a non RPG era. Torlic of course was best assigned to the Level 4 Gremlin Sorcerer who had leadership.

Some comments on specifics (spoilers possibly):
Spoiler:
Anyways, it's difficult and nerve wracking (I don't permit myself to reload, ever) yet fun.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Typo report:
Hall of fallen Heros
->
Heroes
(there are two instances of Heros that I saw)
Spoiler:
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Victory!
Spoiler:
It was a tough slog but I did it straight through, no cheating, and this was the first time I did the whole thing and won, several aborted attempts early on. Pretty epic and I doubt I can do it again. Yet I did start a second game with the RPG era so, heh, I guess I'm trying anyways!