New space combat game published

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

New space combat game published

Post by The_Gnat »

Steam_PB_2020_Header.png
Hi everyone! I have just released a new space combat game (for free) on Steam. :D It has been a culmination of a lot of work but has turned out quite well!

If anyone is interested in trying it out that would be very much appreciated and I would love to hear any comments, ideas for the future or bug reports! :)

It is not very similar to Wesnoth at all. In fact, it is nearly the exact opposite, ;) being a fast action combat game that is designed around collisions with objects to position yourself in strategic positions. That said it is a very fun game with one fully completed campaign of 29 scenarios and nearly 100 upgrades you can gain as you advance through the ranks.

Here are some examples of the ships you can fly, they each have special abilities such as after burners, flame thrower cannons and guided missiles. 8)
Advanced Initiator 1.png
Advanced Initiator 1.png (21.28 KiB) Viewed 6376 times
Fire Caster 1.png
Fire Caster 1.png (27.79 KiB) Viewed 6376 times
Penetrator 1.png
Penetrator 1.png (25.16 KiB) Viewed 6376 times
SCREEN SHOT GAME RELEASE.jpg
for more info visit my website: nathansoftware.com
Wayirr

Re: New space combat game published

Post by Wayirr »

I wasn't able to find a link to source tarball. My GNU/Linux distribution is not one of major ones, so I install everything from source, sans basic system stuff. Can you please add direct link to the source download, along with steam link?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Wayirr wrote: January 10th, 2020, 6:48 pm I wasn't able to find a link to source tarball. My GNU/Linux distribution is not one of major ones, so I install everything from source, sans basic system stuff. Can you please add direct link to the source download, along with steam link?
Hi Wayirr, I will send you a PM! :)
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

I will definitely try
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thanks max_torch! Currently its only available for windows but hoping to distribute it to osx and linux soon!