Relative Path

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lachu

Relative Path

Post by Lachu »

I was creating a game store. Some money I gather I will redirect to software vendor, of course. Client is nearly ready. So my question is. Can I add Battle of Wesnoth to my shop? And... How to made Battle of Wesnoth use relative path instead of absolute, so wrapper script could change current directory to installation directory and ran executable? On some build system (like autoconf), I can use --prefix parameters: "--prefix=." (for example). I saw Battle for Wesnoth uses cmake.

One more question. If I add Battle for Wesnoth to my shop, could you add link to my shop on your website?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Relative Path

Post by Pentarctagon »

Can you provide more details on your store?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Lachu

Post by Lachu »

My store currently only support Polish language and consumers form Poland, but this should change in future. (But) in fact my store is still under development. It's nearly ready, but I must polish some parts. It's under rcgstore.pl . It will be different than normal store. I call it Reversed Cloud Gaming.
What means reversed cloud gaming? I will offer installers, like GOG.com. Most important think is that I will offer new possibility to pay. Client of my store is integrated with monero/uplex mining platform and I will offer possibility to buy games for coins gathered, when player play game. Of course, it's not good option, because player will spend probably more money for energy billing than value of gathered coins, but that's will be probably easiest way to support open source games. Additionally, players will gather coins for commercial games.
Software vendors will have two options to gather money:
1. Set price of game, so player will fixed amount of money/coins can buy it for forever
2. Get some percent of money I achieve, when players play this game

This is still only Flatpak/GNU/Linux and web store. It will be like connection of GOG.com and Steam, because:
(Steam)
1. I offer native client for Linux.
2. This client will be flatpaked
(Gog.com)
3. I offer possibility to download installer and keep game forever
4. I will mining monero or other, so I will focus on simple games, requiring less resources
5. I won't force to use my client to play games, but when player starts game with my client, he/she will gather coins
6. Gathering coins (help me mining) will be optional
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

We're not looking to put Wesnoth up on any additional store fronts at the moment, particularly since it's available for free on most platforms. Good luck, though.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Lachu

Post by Lachu »

As I understand, I could do this by myself (put Wesnoth on my store). This problem still occur: how to force wesnoth to use relative path. As far as I known, Wesnoth are on Steam. On Steam user could specify path of app installation.
Lachu

Post by Lachu »

Ok.
Store/magazine is done, but currently there's no wesnoth and I don't known there will be in near future.
Magazine is in Polish language.
https://rcgstore.pl