Some patches, maybe?

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Chinaski

Some patches, maybe?

Post by Chinaski »

Greetings, Wesnothians,

I was just going to make a quick thread about some of my concerns. My friends and family get together sometimes and play a multi-player game of 8 people. We quickly noticed a few issues that stood out the most:

1. When you select a unit (left click) and then try to deselect the unit (by right clicking anywhere beside the right/side bar) the game freezes for 1-3 seconds.... which is deadly when you're playing a game of Blitz.

2. AFKers/Leavers/Surrenders, what's the deal here? How come when somebody surrenders they remain in the game and the Admin has to deal with a fog of war half the time for what ever reason, and has to give control to either a player or a spectator? Isn't there some better way of approaching those who have left or lost? Is there some command that allows the game to continue smoothly, no AI, just minus a player? That is, is there a surrender options that once a player surrenders, it removes all of the players units, or simply makes all of the players units just be droids, in the sense that, the droids just sit there and that players turn just skips. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Players from the West Coast.
EarthCake

Re: Some patches, maybe?

Post by EarthCake »

Chinaski wrote: June 25th, 2019, 8:41 pm 1. When you select a unit (left click) and then try to deselect the unit (by right clicking anywhere beside the right/side bar) the game freezes for 1-3 seconds.... which is deadly when you're playing a game of Blitz.
That is very probably because of your computer. Do you play every player on the same computer? That would probably cause the problem.
Chinaski wrote: June 25th, 2019, 8:41 pm or simply makes all of the players units just be droids, in the sense that, the droids just sit there and that players turn just skips.
That is done by setting the side to idle.
Chinaski

Post by Chinaski »

What does "do you play every player on the same computer?" I play at my own house, my cousins and friends are at different IP addresses at different locations along the west coast... this problem also persists on three different computers--not just mine. My friends have the issue too. Do you mind testing it yourself?

Setting one-side to idle will do what? Say they have soldiers left alive--but they've left the game and shut down their computer. What happens to their remaining armies? Sorry--i'm also still quite new here.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Chinaski wrote: June 25th, 2019, 9:34 pm What does "do you play every player on the same computer?" I play at my own house, my cousins and friends are at different IP addresses at different locations along the west coast... this problem also persists on three different computers--not just mine. My friends have the issue too. Do you mind testing it yourself?
I have just checked it, and it is all ok to me.
Chinaski wrote: June 25th, 2019, 9:34 pm Setting one-side to idle will do what? Say they have soldiers left alive--but they've left the game and shut down their computer. What happens to their remaining armies? Sorry--i'm also still quite new here.
Setting side to idle will make the side your friend / family member do nothing. If you droid that side, AI will take control of that side, but "idle" shouldn't.