PoxNora

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Re: PoxNora

Post by turin »

eyerouge wrote:That's actually very common and is supported by several LGS:s, it's is even a legit format to play competitive games with.
Really? Cool.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Oddly enough I have ended up with more MtG cards than anyone I know, and I have never bought a single card. I could explain how this happened if you realy want to know, but the short story is I have well over 2000 cards not including lands, and I have never bought or played with any of them.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Dveman115

Post by Dveman115 »

Yup, same with me only with the yu-gi-oh! craze. I never bought one card. Someone gave me 7, I traded them for 10, traded them for 20 or so, then went to 30, and made a deck. Eventually I worked my way up to build a dragon-only deck, and beat all of my friends ever time when they had each spent well over 100USD on the cards. In the end, I just gave my deck and all my cards to one of my friends as he was moving away. Funny what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it :?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I never tried to gather them, however two diffrent people have given me their enitre collections when they moved away, one because he wanted me to remember him, and the other because he knew I played lots of games. I don't know how much money they spent of the cards, but I can't help that feel it was wasted. My dad had some that he aquired for free as an odd beniffit of his work, and both times I've gone to a birthday party and gifts where randomly handed away I got magic cards. It would almost be funny if they wern't taking up space, and I wasn't the sort that never throws things away.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Velensk wrote:I never tried to gather them, however two diffrent people have given me their enitre collections when they moved away, one because he wanted me to remember him, and the other because he knew I played lots of games. I don't know how much money they spent of the cards, but I can't help that feel it was wasted. My dad had some that he aquired for free as an odd beniffit of his work, and both times I've gone to a birthday party and gifts where randomly handed away I got magic cards. It would almost be funny if they wern't taking up space, and I wasn't the sort that never throws things away.
If you don't want them, they're probably worth a fair amount of money, and you could always sell them.... ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

turin wrote:I've often wondered what would happen if you played MtG using not pre-built decks, but using a "draft" process, where each player in the tournament gets to draft cards from a general pool, going until everyone has a 60-card deck... would definitely make it more balanced, anyway.
sounds like tabletop wargaming
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

To borrow from Ken_Oh...

Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time