Skin packs

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
acroobat

Skin packs

Post by acroobat »

It would be nice to apply different skin for unit or fraction. With this option the same default unit with strict original stats has another appearance. There are a lot of image resources from different eras. Some are not appropriate for new units but ok for skins. Just stay in a mood :D
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Skin packs

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

acroobat wrote: March 8th, 2021, 3:32 am It would be nice to apply different skin for unit or fraction. With this option the same default unit with strict original stats has another appearance. There are a lot of image resources from different eras. Some are not appropriate for new units but ok for skins. Just stay in a mood :D
You can code one of these by yourself with WML. Check out UtBS and see how the "loyalist yellow/bronze armour shift" mod is used.
You can refactor it to apply to other faction units.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
acroobat

Re: Skin packs

Post by acroobat »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: March 8th, 2021, 9:50 am You can code one of these by yourself with WML. Check out UtBS and see how the "loyalist yellow/bronze armour shift" mod is used.
You can refactor it to apply to other faction units.
Thanks, I will take a look on that but I suppose, yellow loyalist is coded as different unit in UtBS.

My idea is that: you see "monk" instead of "troll" with skin pack. Attacks, abilities, stats are the same ofc. Title of unit is something like: "Monk(Troll welph)"
In multiplayer opponent can choose weather to disable skin mod or skin view. Just for fun :D