More stats and berserk trait for multiplayer games

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
WINR

More stats and berserk trait for multiplayer games

Post by WINR »

Would be nice to know how many opponents a unit killed and maybe also the names.
Again in 2vs2 multiplayer game, some units could have something like the berserk trait: they attack like a ulf.
But that only would be triggered if their leader gets killed and would last for the turn in which the leader was killed.
The real fun starts when you code your first campaign
ForPeace

Re: More stats and berserk trait for multiplayer games

Post by ForPeace »

WINR wrote: February 10th, 2021, 8:44 pm Would be nice to know how many opponents a unit killed and maybe also the names.
I agree. I think the easiest way to have it in the game is to ask devs for approval and code it yourself.
WINR wrote: February 10th, 2021, 8:44 pm Again in 2vs2 multiplayer game, some units could have something like the berserk trait: they attack like a ulf.
But that only would be triggered if their leader gets killed and would last for the turn in which the leader was killed.
It would be suitable for an add-on, but to core game mechanics it's too big a change.
BTW It would be nice if you had read this before posting, especially:
Your proposal should be well laid out, and make clear (a) what you think the problem is, (b) the solution/change/improvement that you are suggesting, and even (c) possible downsides.
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
WINR

Post by WINR »

BTW It would be nice if you had read this before posting, especially:
I did... :D trying to do better this time

==More Stats
I would show the number of kills in the list of units per every players in the faction (screenshot ListOfUnits) and a general rank for every factions (screenshot GeneralRank)
List of Units is an exsisting panel in Main Menu
General Rank could be a subpanel of Stats
As a second thought this could be nice also in campaigns not only in multiplayer.
Attachments
ListOfUnits.png
GeneralRank.png
The real fun starts when you code your first campaign
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

> Again in 2vs2 multiplayer game, some units could have something like the berserk trait: they attack like a ulf.
> But that only would be triggered if their leader gets killed and would last for the turn in which the leader was killed.

Personally I don't like the berserk trait that much. There are examples where it is nice, but I don't like the
mechanic behind it. I'd much rather prefer a weakened berserk with fatigue and attack reduction; once
fatigued, the number of extra-rounds for more combat goes downwards. That way they may still dish out
tons of damage, but it may end before the "one-unit-must-die" cycle.

I am a fan of special abilities though, like bleeding and stuff.

> Would be nice to know how many opponents a unit killed and maybe also the names.

I actually thought this already existed via lua. If we can query the data from lua then adding a widget
should be trivial. Admittedly I am more of a ruby guy, so I don't know lua, but I think we can create
custom widgets anyway as-is. This information could be available in some pop-up or context menu or
somewhere, or perhaps extended unit-info or so. Or tied close to the encyclpoedia entries.