[HotSeat] KDEConnect integration

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Lachu

[HotSeat] KDEConnect integration

Post by Lachu »

I have an idea to develop KDEConnect integration, so in hotseat mode players will get message if one's turn appear. Additionally, they could unlock screen, when it will currently play (one's turn appear; screen will be automatically locked on turn end). Another solution is to unlock screen by password and play loud sound, when turn change. Each player will set own password to unlock screen in lobby.
shevegen

Re: [HotSeat] KDEConnect integration

Post by shevegen »

Does this work yet, and if so, how can it be used?

I compile KDE from source via a set of ruby scripts.

Latest KDE connect I can see is this tarball:

https://download.kde.org/stable/release ... 4.2.tar.xz

Compiled fine here, but what is the next step then?

Edit: You described it a bit but unfortunately I don't know all of KDE that well; I have literally
no knowledge how KDE connect really works. I assume one key idea is that people can be
notified so they can use/play a turn?
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: [HotSeat] KDEConnect integration

Post by beetlenaut »

shevegen wrote: August 6th, 2020, 8:08 pm Does this work yet, and if so, how can it be used?
This is a thread for posting ideas users want the developers to implement. They are not implemented yet. It's hard to tell if any developer is working on this proposal, but probably not. Integrating BfW into KDE is not something that would benefit very many players. (I use KDE myself, but I still don't count because I don't play hotseat.) New features wouldn't be added to the current stable version in any case.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide