Question about using earbuds/earphones

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

max_torch
Inactive Developer

Question about using earbuds/earphones

Post by max_torch »

whats the point of using earbuds instead of speakers if you are alone?
Ive seen a lot of people do this
I use earbuds/earphones only if I need to maintain quiet for other people
otherwise I avoid it because I think speakers are healthier
Yomar

Re: Question about using earbuds/earphones

Post by Yomar »

Maybe they do it for more immersion.

I personaly prefer speakers and if there is someone else I just turn down the volume, if silence is really needed, then i use over the ear headphones, i really cant stand ear buds or in ear headphones, after a while they bother me and after the use my hearings just feels off, plus I read that eatphones are safer than earbuds (If you are not careful).
Ppl tend to increase volume too much (especially with earbuds, to cancel backround noise or uneven sounds) then ear gets dammaged so theu increase volume even more and it becomes a vicious circle.
Then maybe you don't hear the car coming

I don't need high volumrs to enjoy something, as for others, well everyone has his preferences and habits, once they know the risks they are free to do as they will, after all some ppl have the YOLO philosophy.

Freedom is important, but also is beign informed, to be able to take the right choices
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
RachelColemanov

Post by RachelColemanov »

On the other hand, it is much more pleasant to listen to music in high-quality headphones than in speakers where the sound is often hoarse and the difference in frequencies is enormous. It's just a matter of sound, many people are pleased to reach the depth at the expense of headphones!
RoonieW

Post by RoonieW »

I used to think this way but I also like to hear all of the small little details of sound that are in my music, many of these things get lost when you put it on the speakers even if these are really good ones, mostly because sound has to travel a longer way and information is lost.

But anyway, it really depends on what I want to do at the moment. If I only want music as a background when I'm working, I will probably go with speakers. If I am paying attention in detail to the music I definitely go with headphones (no earbuds for me, I hate those things as my skin is super fragile and I always end up with rashes for having them).