Appeal to the Wesnoth Italian Forum (R.i.P.) members

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argesilao2

Appeal to the Wesnoth Italian Forum (R.i.P.) members

Post by Argesilao2 »

The rest of the post is written in Italian because it is basically addressed to Italian users; my apologies to all the other members.

Salve, è Argesilao che scrive questo post.

Con la scomparsa del sito in oggetto sono andati perduti anche tutti i progetti di campagne, mod, ere ed altro stipati nella sezione downloads; purtroppo ho avuto l'infelice idea di usare il sito del W.I.F. come deposito, così con la scomparsa del sito ho perduto alcuni dei progetti che avevo realizzato, forse in maniera irreparabile.

Essendomi ora punta vaghezza di riprendere alcuni di quei progetti mi trovo a dover lanciare un appello a chi li ha scaricati, e magari pure conservati, perché me me faccia avere una copia.

in particolare cerco le due campagne di Reconquest of Heaven e la campagna dell'ellade, quest'ultima anche nella versione originale di Gattopazzo.

Mission for the King e Merman Odissey sono riuscito a recuperarle tra i rottami della mia esistenza.

Potete spedirmi i files come allegati a argesilao2019 [AT] yahoo [DOT] com

Anticipatamente ringrazio.
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on April 29th, 2020, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Converted e-mail address to anti-spam format
Elvish_Hunter

Re: Appeal to the Wesnoth Italian Forum (R.i.P.) members

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

To whomever it may concern, here there's a translation of the above message.

Greetings, it is Argesilao who's writing this post.
With the disappearance of the website in the subject, all the projects of campaigns, mods, eras and everything else hosted in the download section went lost; sadly, I had the poor idea of using the W.I.F. site as storage, so with the disappearance of the site I lost some of the projects I created, possibly in an unrecoverable manner.

Because now I'd like to restart working on some of those projects I have to make an appeal to whomever has downloaded, and perhaps even kept, them, so they can let me have a copy.

In particular I'm looking for the two campaigns of Reconquest of Heaven and the ellade campaign, the last one even in Gattopazzo's original version.

I was able to recover Mission for the King and Merman Odyssey for the scraps of my existence.

You can send me the files as attachments to argesilao2019 [AT] yahoo [DOT] com.

Thanks in advance.

Also, Argesilao, I have two notes for you:
  • first of all, if you want to post a message in a language other than English (Italian, in this case), you should post a translation too. You can consider mine a personal favour :) ;
  • second, never post your e-mail address like that, unless you fancy getting bombarded with spam. I edited it for you.
Finally, I don't have the files you're looking for (sadly). Let's hope someone else has them; for now, I'm relaying your message in the #italian channel of our Discord server.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Argesilao2

Re: Appeal to the Wesnoth Italian Forum (R.i.P.) members

Post by Argesilao2 »

Ok!

Thanks for all!