Is it safe to load multiplayer saves from the main screen?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Is it safe to load multiplayer saves from the main screen?

Post by Atreides »

In 1.12 it gives you a warning when you do that but in 1.14 and later it seems to have stopped. Changelog did not mention this has been altered.

Also does Control O function identically to the main screen load button or is it a shortcut to the multiplayer load button?

Is the main screen load button now an all purpose load?
dwarftough

Re: Is it safe to load multiplayer saves from the main screen?

Post by dwarftough »

In 1.14 it was perfectly fine, in 1.16 it has a little bug actually, if you load a multiplayer campaign scenario, you can play it but proceeding to the next scenario will just get you back to the main screen (I guess I need to find time and report it on github)
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

dwarftough wrote: November 10th, 2023, 8:45 pm In 1.14 it was perfectly fine, in 1.16 it has a little bug actually, if you load a multiplayer campaign scenario, you can play it but proceeding to the next scenario will just get you back to the main screen (I guess I need to find time and report it on github)
Did a quick test and 1.12 gives a warning when loading a MP campaign save same as for regular MP games.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

dwarftough wrote: November 10th, 2023, 8:45 pm In 1.14 it was perfectly fine, in 1.16 it has a little bug actually, if you load a multiplayer campaign scenario, you can play it but proceeding to the next scenario will just get you back to the main screen (I guess I need to find time and report it on github)
This is a known bug and it only effects people who use debug mode.

So yes, except from this bug (which doesn't effect you if you don't use debug mode) it should be safe to load mp saves from the titlescreen. (If you encounter a bug with it then please report it :) )
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I've been using CTRL O to load MP games in 1.14 and later. I thought it was a shortcut to the MP load button but I suspect it is not after all. I may have been loading them via the "main screen" load button for ages now.

In any case sounds like it is all fine. Woo!