Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

wedrifid

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by wedrifid »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 6:51 pm
wedrifid wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:46 am
I was just looking at that code while playing chapter 3. It makes me tempted to start suiciding most of the units!! Surely that isn't the intended incentive?
Spoiler:
If you ever have a situation where dismissing units is maybe "cheating" then there is a design flaw!
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

It's open source. Kind of hard to design around players sneaking a peak at what's to come and acting on it.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I think there's a bug in Lethalia's advancement tree - when I advance based on # of enemies killed and choose "Fireball", the skill is not added to my skill list. However, when I then advance via XP, Fireball shows up on my skills to choose list. Then when I choose it, it is added to my skill list.

Is this intentional? I.e. to gain new skills, do she need to advance and then choose that skill by both measures? I'm using 1.16.6.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

When you "advance" by kills (soul eater score), you don't get advancements. You unlock them. Once they are unlocked, you can earn them at your next advancement (AMLA).

So it's working correctly.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Great! Thanks for the heads up.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Lore questions:
1) why Vritira quoted like that in the title of the last chapter? (in the wml comments, Dugi said that it is a secret but I think -after playing this campaign over and over- we deserve to know) 😀
2) is there an umc campaign about the Argazar and their war? Or, at least, are they mentioned elsewhere?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 1:25 am 2) is there an umc campaign about the Argazar and their war? Or, at least, are they mentioned elsewhere?
The story of Argazars (and most of the stuff in the library in Part I) was taken from "Invasion from the Unknown", I think that was even mentioned in a code comment in that scenario. I don't know any campaigns about them
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

dwarftough wrote: November 20th, 2023, 9:25 am
hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 1:25 am 2) is there an umc campaign about the Argazar and their war? Or, at least, are they mentioned elsewhere?
The story of Argazars (and most of the stuff in the library in Part I) was taken from "Invasion from the Unknown", I think that was even mentioned in a code comment in that scenario. I don't know any campaigns about them
Thank you. I should say : "except IftU" 😆
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 11:47 am I should say : "except IftU" 😆
Heh, in a sense. In IftU they were mentioned in story glyphs just like in LotI they are in The Library books, no appearing on screen in both cases
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

dwarftough wrote: November 20th, 2023, 12:08 pm
hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 11:47 am I should say : "except IftU" 😆
Heh, in a sense. In IftU they were mentioned in story glyphs just like in LotI they are in The Library books, no appearing on screen in both cases
They deserve their own campaign if you ask me.
By the way, is there a try to make a time-line for LotI events?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:41 pm They deserve their own campaign if you ask me.
That would be nice, although one needs cool arts for that, they probably should look distinctively
hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:41 pm By the way, is there a try to make a time-line for LotI events?
Which kind of timeline? Events of chapters 1-5 may be attributed to a particular timeframe, especially chapter 3 which takes place in the lifetime of Delfador. Chapters 6-10 take place in some very distant future
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

dwarftough wrote: November 21st, 2023, 12:41 am
hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:41 pm They deserve their own campaign if you ask me.
That would be nice, although one needs cool arts for that, they probably should look distinctively
hermestrismi wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:41 pm By the way, is there a try to make a time-line for LotI events?
Which kind of timeline? Events of chapters 1-5 may be attributed to a particular timeframe, especially chapter 3 which takes place in the lifetime of Delfador. Chapters 6-10 take place in some very distant future
I mean approximate year of beginning of each chapter.
By the way, I didn't know that chapter 3 took place in the time Delfador. Is that mentioned somewhere?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

hermestrismi wrote: November 21st, 2023, 12:52 pm By the way, I didn't know that chapter 3 took place in the time Delfador. Is that mentioned somewhere?
Near the end, when you meet
Spoiler:
and make a deal with her.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

hermestrismi wrote: November 21st, 2023, 12:52 pm By the way, I didn't know that chapter 3 took place in the time Delfador. Is that mentioned somewhere?

In the first scenario of chapter 3
Spoiler:
So chapter 3 has a relatively narrow range of years to attribute. May use it as a base point to try to get approximate years for other chapters of part I, considering how many years is said to pass after the previous one in the first scenario of a chapter.

About chapter 2 I can say that
Spoiler:
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

dwarftough wrote: November 21st, 2023, 2:38 pm So chapter 3 has a relatively narrow range of years to attribute. May use it as a base point to try to get approximate years for other chapters of part I, considering how many years is said to pass after the previous one in the first scenario of a chapter.

About chapter 2 I can say that
Spoiler:
I'm not sure whether the timeline entirely makes sense, but
Spoiler: