Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Hanzo_the_Vile

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Hanzo_the_Vile » July 1st, 2018, 11:48 am

Hello guys! Name's Hanzo and I've been playing BfW for almost 2 years now on Android. Been visiting this forum for a long while as well and thought I should register. Gotta say I love this game and it's one of the best games I've played IN ALL GAMING PLATFORMS. Thanks to everyone who created and contributed to this hidden gem.

Currently playing: The Blind Sentinel: The Underness Series II

Cheers!

Crimson_Conure

Post by Crimson_Conure » July 2nd, 2018, 6:10 am

Hi everyone! I'm Crimson_Conure and I've been playing Wesnoth for about 10 years, but only started playing semi-seriously recently. I used to play very casually on and off, and explore various add-ons which were really fun (I love Era of Magic!!! <3 <3)

Nice to meet you all <3 everybody is so nice here and I feel privileged to even get to talk to any one of you!! It's so great and I've had a hard past.

KamovHelix

Post by KamovHelix » July 30th, 2018, 6:17 pm

Hi! I'm Kamov from Belgium (although I spend half of my time in Russia) and have discovered the game only recently, I wanted to find a strategy game that's interesting to play on my Android tablet, and it fits the bill perfectly! I'm used to "heavier" strategy games such as the Hearts of Iron series, so I was the first one to be surprised to enjoy Wesnoth.
I haven't tried the user-created mods yet, but I'll have a try as soon as I get used to the vanilla game mechanics.

Thanks for the game, and have a nice day!

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Post by Konrad2 » July 30th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Be aware that the campaigns are not designed to be balanced while you use mods.
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.

BigJoke

Post by BigJoke » August 1st, 2018, 7:08 pm

Hello everyone ! I have been thoroughly enjoying this game along with a few pals and would love to find more people to play with. We are from France but English is not an issue. I have been looking for different gamemodes and ways to play multiplayer (mods included) and would gladly accept suggestions. Hit me up on Discord at BigJokes#4849.
Thanks to whoever made this or contributed to the development btw this game is great!

Konstantine

Post by Konstantine » August 4th, 2018, 8:24 am

Hello all, I'm an ex-career lurker at various forums, but a while ago I decided to get active in the ones that truly stood out and interested me.
I discovered this gem of a game about 6 years ago and there is always a copy on my P.C. it is one of those games I come back to from time to time when I get bored with the rest of my collection. In many ways, Wesnoth is superior to games I've paid good money to purchase.
So, why am I here, especially now?
Lately I've been trying many of the User Made Campaigns, there is a lot of talent behind them, much respect from my end. However, it seems that some of those could use some help with the balance/ playtesting and... a few could use some better English.
So I thought I would join you all and pitch in where I can.
See you all around the forums

Rurik

Post by Rurik » August 20th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Eric from Argentina. I downloaded today the game, then obviusly I'm noob, but I think this game is pretty funny, so I'm going to learn and play MP. ^^

Best regards!

PastaSaucey

Post by PastaSaucey » September 3rd, 2018, 10:39 pm

Hi everyone!

This is everyone's favorite cool cat 8) PastaSaucey!
This is my first post and I am excited to be here!

Thanks 2 everyone who's been so patient. I hope to be a very important member of the Wesnoth Community shortly!
:D

Enclosed in this post is my resume -- well, not resume, but a few random things you should know about me.
  • I am a big fan of medieval/ancient warfare games and movies. (I hope I live long enough to see the world's first time machine 8))
  • I am a people person
  • I have a bachelor's degree in recess time
  • I once fooled a website into thinking I was Justin Bieber (it worked! :P)
  • I am a trained martial artist, so don't mess with me (slightly exaggerated)
  • I am fluent in Google Translate
  • I talk too much :eng:
  • I love sci fi
  • I love to eat (who doesn't?)
  • I never want to get older than 35 :lol:
  • I cry when I am bored (ok not really, it's just that my eyes get all teary -- which I guess means that I cry when I am bored :P)
  • All of my best ideas come when I am about to fall asleep. I have no idea why.
  • I talk too much :eng:
  • I love to write :geek:, which inspired me to become a part of the Wesnoth community in the first place. I love to tell stories and this gives me the opportunity to do so :)
  • I'm a bit of a romantic :oops:
  • I don't like to toot my own horn (I love to)
  • I think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram
  • I love to read, but I usually don't like to read my own work
  • Did I already mention that I talk too much? :P
Peace
Last edited by PastaSaucey on September 16th, 2018, 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram

firefox

Post by firefox » September 16th, 2018, 2:27 pm

hey-ho :3
i'm Red_Fox (previously firefox)

wesnoth was my first game on linux and i played since version 1.4.
but i played less at 1.10 when i discovered minetest and ultimately quit at 1.12.
but now i'm back, because i felt like i need a turn-based game in my arsenal (and the nostalgia). the fact that we now have 1.14 with all the new stuff was also a major deciding factor.

i see that the Era of Magic also advanced a lot and i'm very excited to experience it.
also, i'm curious how Legend of the Invincibles is doing :3

=(^.^)=
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nya~