Demon/Burning Legion race?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
lilepo2023

Demon/Burning Legion race?

Post by lilepo2023 »

i had an idea fer a demon race thats on fire, it would maybe be a little bit like the dragons, heres some unit ideas

1.Leader- looks like the demon from Lord Of The Rings, the dude Gondalf kills in the first movie (wit the whip and sword)

2.Caveraly type unit- Death Knight-looks like a skeleton thats buring on a black horse that has red eyes, weilds a huge runeblade

3. Spellcaster- Dark Caster- completely covered by long flowing black robes, red slightly glowing eyes inside the hood, hands prolly skeleton but dont have to be...

4.Infuntry - Demon Warrior- a demon with a spiked tail, a sword, wings, and prolly red skin, the sword could possible be a pitchfork or something else...

like i said these were only a few ideas, u can change them or discard them, if i had something to make the units i would attempt to make some renders...
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

There is already a unit called Death Knight.

Anyway, I don't think there should be a demon race. My reasons:

1. It is too much like the undead.
2. It is ripped out of Warcraft III.
3. The general consensus is to keep religion out of Wesnoth.
4. There is no ranged attacker.
5. It doesn't fit with the storyline.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
zinder

Post by zinder »

Id really like a demon race, but i think the proposed units really are to too close to the wesnoth undead. I would prefer them along the lines of Disciples II. That would place them somewhere between the wesnoths undead and orcs.

It would be a slow, healthy Demon as tank, a very resisting gargoyle as archer, some fire or transformer(make enemy into weak imp) mage and a moderate fighter.

As for the religions in Wesnoth AFAIK we dont want to include on special religions and want to stay as general as possible in regards of religious units. But as far as im aware, demons are part of nearly every human belief system.
And for the stoyline, i think we can get something there. Maybe someone found a tomb and animated something there?Or there is an impact? etc
TuxVader

Post by TuxVader »

I believe Dave has already stated that demons will not be in wesnoth. Correct me if I'm wrong. And yes, this idea does seem too WC3 derived.
Dark penguin of the sith.
lilepo2023

Post by lilepo2023 »

actually thas where i got mosta my ideas, War3...
Shundread

Post by Shundread »

This is not Warcraft III and I'd hate to see it look like Warcraft III

-Shundread
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Shundread wrote:This is not Warcraft III and I'd hate to see it look like Warcraft III
I concur. Classic/high fantasy is going to seem fresher and more original than a game that cherry-picks ideas from WC III.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Shundread wrote:This is not Warcraft III and I'd hate to see it look like Warcraft III

-Shundread
hey, that's my line
Shundread

Post by Shundread »

No it isn't, see the signature there? It says "Shundread".

You may have said that sooner than I did, though. =)

-Shundread