Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.4 - lots of balance changes!

Post by IPS »

Wow, that's the biggest streak of changes in one release :shock:

That lot of attack specials removal deserves a whole world of new testing as my previous testing ressults are no longer actual. Still lots of units even if higher dmg they ended in nerf because of removal of their first-strike in ranged .... but to be honest cannoners were really beast cause of that special in a 2 strikes attack ... maybe they're now more balanced :lol: :lol: :lol:

I strongly disagree with UM and MATRIARCH of emptyness buffs because in multiplayer BOTH units are cheese/abuse material because of being
1) both are high/strong in attack specials
2) both have secret attacks, which breaks multiplayer experience in a large group of scenarios
3) both have high ressists.
4) Um has VERY HIGH HP, so getting a buff for free will end in players considering UM abuse instead of trying all other Sky Kingdom units because even with previous values, XP spent is over-rewarded.
5) Matriarch of Emptyness is among the only SS+ (almost SSS tier unit) in EOMA because having one in any random scenario/random recruit list makes game a lot easier because of her anti-magic aura, allowing your high defense units in your formation being un-killable this turn.
6) Matriarch of Emptyness also has very high magic ressists combined of Drains melee, which means, AI will struggle at killing it and sometimes healing her instead of killing her .... and most players do play PVE games like survivals or RPG.
7) lots of strikes combined of +Magical , removes RNG component from game, which makes 3-13 a trully beast attack because your plans with that attack has no risk in RNG trolling you....

For UM I propossed lowering magic ressist to same values than lv0 considering the damage increases on both Secret attacks. To 30% on arcane and 20% on fire/cold because that is a lv3 unit with 100 HP's lol.

For Matriarch of Emptyness will think about a nerf, because that unit is among TOP 5 favorite of ALL AGELESS ecosystem, which is A LOT TO SAY. Meanwhile Mu/Um is between TOP 10 most favorite in Ageless.

Both units also scales insanely well in XP MOD (specially UM) which almost any popular multiplayer game uses ... for only 16 XP you can make 3-13 be 4-13 and so on, even certain players abuses from Lv0 MU's with lots of +1 DMG from XP mod and few HP to make it hit really hard as NOTHING ressists that at all because that melts even lv3 units by just spending some few XP on Lv0 Mu to make it 5-11 ... that MELT's almost everything without almost RNG needed and IT BYPASSES all unit ressistances. Same issue occurs with UM, but once gained only pending thing is adding more XP mod dmg's to it AND THEN +1 strikes to make UM blast and melee be really OP.

For UM I proposse decreasing the 20-1 secret accuracy while retaliation at not having +Magical, because that's unfair strong in highly modded games and even in standard EOMA ecosystem, becuase UM is only countered by heavy fighters of Lv3 or by slowers and swarming it to death.

Rest of changes have an upvote and green vote from me, but I'm strongly disagree with buffs on both mentioned units, so I'ma consider finding a proper nerf to them , with multiple attempts of DIFFERENT propossals, but both units HAVE TO BE NERFED.

After my testing , I will coment about things that needs review, repricing, rebalance, etc, but I will think and focus on the unnecesarry buff on already SS tier units (they both , were trully among TOP 10 units in EOMA, and they got buffed STRONGLY...)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: November 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm That lot of attack specials removal deserves a whole world of new testing as my previous testing ressults are no longer actual. Still lots of units even if higher dmg they ended in nerf because of removal of their first-strike in ranged .... but to be honest cannoners were really beast cause of that special in a 2 strikes attack ... maybe they're now more balanced :lol: :lol: :lol:
My reasoning was that the unit is supposed to be a bit more focused on raw ranged DPS than defense against other ranged units, and plus it didn't make much sense for a weapon that is designed with a shotgun-like feel to be able to quickly react to other ranged attackers.
IPS wrote: November 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm I strongly disagree with UM and MATRIARCH of emptyness buffs because in multiplayer BOTH units are cheese/abuse material because of being
1) both are high/strong in attack specials
2) both have secret attacks, which breaks multiplayer experience in a large group of scenarios
3) both have high ressists.
4) Um has VERY HIGH HP, so getting a buff for free will end in players considering UM abuse instead of trying all other Sky Kingdom units because even with previous values, XP spent is over-rewarded.
5) Matriarch of Emptyness is among the only SS+ (almost SSS tier unit) in EOMA because having one in any random scenario/random recruit list makes game a lot easier because of her anti-magic aura, allowing your high defense units in your formation being un-killable this turn.
6) Matriarch of Emptyness also has very high magic ressists combined of Drains melee, which means, AI will struggle at killing it and sometimes healing her instead of killing her .... and most players do play PVE games like survivals or RPG.
7) lots of strikes combined of +Magical , removes RNG component from game, which makes 3-13 a trully beast attack because your plans with that attack has no risk in RNG trolling you....

For UM I propossed lowering magic ressist to same values than lv0 considering the damage increases on both Secret attacks. To 30% on arcane and 20% on fire/cold because that is a lv3 unit with 100 HP's lol.

For Matriarch of Emptyness will think about a nerf, because that unit is among TOP 5 favorite of ALL AGELESS ecosystem, which is A LOT TO SAY. Meanwhile Mu/Um is between TOP 10 most favorite in Ageless.
About Matriarch of Emptiness, I believe her survivability is the main op thing rather than the measly 12-1 secret attack (If I wanted to use/abuse secret damage, there's plenty of much better options to pick in the era already). I believe her current regen + 8 ability is overkill given that she already has drain/amazing resists. I think it would be reasonable to nerf it from +8 to +6 (I would argue the impact of that is just as heavy as the ranged accuracy buff in most conditions if not more)
IPS wrote: November 24th, 2023, 7:53 pmBoth units also scales insanely well in XP MOD (specially UM) which almost any popular multiplayer game uses ... for only 16 XP you can make 3-13 be 4-13 and so on, even certain players abuses from Lv0 MU's with lots of +1 DMG from XP mod and few HP to make it hit really hard as NOTHING ressists that at all because that melts even lv3 units by just spending some few XP on Lv0 Mu to make it 5-11 ... that MELT's almost everything without almost RNG needed and IT BYPASSES all unit ressistances. Same issue occurs with UM, but once gained only pending thing is adding more XP mod dmg's to it AND THEN +1 strikes to make UM blast and melee be really OP.
I don't think it's really fair to balance the era around mods when not even default is really balanced with xp mod in mind (like thunderer).

IPS wrote: November 24th, 2023, 7:53 pmFor UM I proposse decreasing the 20-1 secret accuracy while retaliation at not having +Magical, because that's unfair strong in highly modded games and even in standard EOMA ecosystem, becuase UM is only countered by heavy fighters of Lv3 or by slowers and swarming it to death.
Not a big fan of having multiple accuracy specials on one attack.

IPS wrote: November 24th, 2023, 7:53 pmRest of changes have an upvote and green vote from me
Glad you like them.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yo, I'm back, well I came to propose some things and most important, asking about a personal rating/evaluation of most suggested units by me, will just let you know a short explanation of each case.

Barbarian King to adquire BloodLust+3
He lost growing fury, and he needs some few more features, so I think that this addition (not in RPG) could be of help.

Lastly, i will recheck all RPG balancing once again because well... many units got changed and I must be aware of its status recently.

ABOUT UNIT FEEDBACK, please provide me your opinion in all these cases (will exclude removed from MP):

1) ALL GOBLIN SHAMANS , barbarians used to be so hard countered by Mara and Fire Elementals so it was necessary the addition of this line, players loved goblin team! So goblin gameplay in barbarians adquired some devote fans that even ignores orcs or cyclops in multiplayer :lol: :lol: :lol:

2) Goblin Invader: It's most likely the most briant addition in whole EOMA , in my personal criteria how a Lv3 goblin should look like, agile, aggresive and counting on skirmish tactics. At not having denutrition issues because as I've said barbarians are GOOD FRIENDS ... goblins are smart and agile in EOMA universe.

3) Orcish Chieftain: not a very special, but wanted that unit to have a lv3 because orcs are not quite popular in EOMA universe, also I wanted to add the recruitment feature from Kharosian Recruiter which was suggested by someone else.

4) Temple Guard: Attempting more popularity in saurian pikemen I wanted to suggest something far more different, while the other option is more solid againist physical and skirmisher is very powerful in a unit with that movement costs... but temple guard has some intereting features to consider and also, it looks really cool :DDD

5) ALL LV3 SALAMANDERS: Salamanders after being nerf really hard people started to not use them because of no Lv3, it was time to give them a lv3. Lv3 were intentionally designed to have different roles compared to Lv2 buffed out of XP mods, at having more advanced but more skill based but less stat based features.

6) ALL ATOPKI SPEARMEN: There were multiple reasons to suggest this, first, atokpies were not being a popular choice from players when using destroyers, but most important, giving features that destroyer were missing AND ALSO most important to avoid destruyers being a lineal lv1-lv4 faction where all units had 1 advancement patch but almost any to lv4 ... I belive it's among my best creations in all wesnoth.

7) Bone Splitter: Wanted to give destroyers some extra physical ranged damage, even if this unit is not heavy physical ranged still it's tanky and can also summon units :shock: , this addition is extremely useful in highly modded games by allowing players to have a physical ranged as none faction is clearly complete without at least ONE physical ranged unit.

8 ) Black Portals: Something more different and fresh compared to overleving a infernal vortex and to add multiple extra strikes to that, I wanted to offer a different gameplay in an option B advancement.

9) Harbinger/Doom-Call: Destroyers like default undead, had issues in map control in large sized maps .... they also had only COLD or ARCANE ranged which is clearly not enough. This unit complete multiples purposes and suits multiple leaks in faction.

10) Elemental Archer : YUP I suggested the lv2 version of THIS UNIT, as kharos in that time were a strong faction with the limitant of being only PIERCE/BLADE/ARCANE attackers, so basically anything resistant to that 3 attack types were giving kharos an hard time. In older times only Heavy Calvary were the only impact melee unit in faction which had no lv3.

11) Kharosian Cataphract: A necessary but optional heavy scout that specializes at killing heavy enemies. As Heavy Calvary was highly nerfed because it was OP, so then some time later I suggested a lv3 version of it even if it had some alteration to original concept.

12) Kharosian's Legionaries and Javaliner/Impaler/Executioner : In old times kharos meta was spamming lv2 shielders/avengers for OP tankyness and with only healers, they usually defeated most enemies unless in scenarios where offensive was a more important priority. Lv3 complements well the lowered lv2 stats they got because they were OVERPOWERED (still remember when revenge was 100% hit?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

13) Fire Swordsman: Kharos had a leak/deficit at killing non living enemies that were resistant to arcane (like dwarven mech) , this unit helps a lot at fixing that leak. This option is much better at dealing agianist mayority of no living enemies.

14) Brown Warrior: YUP, I've suggested the base lv2 unit, because Kharos was missing a decent full melee fighter, and also, they had impact damage leaks so this unit became perfect. Lv3 versions of this unit were suggested by different people.

15) Battlecopter: unsure if the more modern concept suits very well on runemasters by what I've read, BUT .... this unit is more loyal to lv2 gyrocopter, THIS UNIT WAS VERY NEEDED.

16) Trench Sweeper: Lv3 version of this unit was required because players were not considering it , and physical ranged in faction is important in faction balancing.

17) Technocrat/Tecnologist: I realized runemasters were the only faction with no slowers or any debuffing support, so I made a completely different thing with an optional adnvamcement of mechanics, which sincerely I think it's among my best creations for EOMA.

18) Terramancer/Master-of-Earth: Sky kingdom is STILL leaking (just a bit) of physical damages, but this addition helps at giving some bulky fighter/mage that can absorb some damage and retaliate well at both ranges. It also has interesting terrain bonuses to consider. Unit is intentionally designed to be "fair" if having resilient trait but at being VERY WELL rewarded from that trait !!! remember, it's STILL a MAGE. Terramancer is also GREAT at dealing againist swarms of lower units than himself, but not being a good fighter againist units of same or higher levels.

19) Pain Sphere: is among my newest creations, I realized in tharis gameplay that Storm Spheres are USELESS when attacking some enemy that are at Magic-Absorver zone, so having a scout that can reach and deal some damage seems okay. I just wanted to give an aura that actiivates only when unit attacks because otherwise aura is too strong for a lv2 scout and as debuffer it's not as abused as if being a buffer but with that lot of movements.

20) ChainLady: It was requested by inferno8 but the stats she has are by me, this unit attempts brinding back some of the very old EOMA that has been removed for really long!! not sure if I did it well, but at least it's somewhat special.

21) Pain Mistress / Pain Matriarch: both units on this patch were suggested by me :shock: , I realized that tharis had HUGE issues at killing dwarven mech, so this melee option was very needed !!! also planned it really well to be the most Tharis possible !!! as depending for impact melee on very slow hydras is not very correct, so having AT LEAST another option that is "more normal" unit for impact melee WAS NECESSARY. Also this unit has consumed a really huge effort in my creative part at planning really well how with new mechanics like Pain-Absorver!!

There are lots of other new units that were not invented by me, other cases like Mobile Defense Tower which were revamped (just a bit) to avoid having 5 different attacks ALL of the same damage type. This the end of my report of ALL suggested units by me in like 4 to 6 years (if not more?) of EOMA.

I also want to be sure, which are considered the best creations, as few last ones were declined and well, just realized recently that EOMA was having some complaints in other aspects than just balance.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: November 25th, 2023, 6:38 pm Barbarian King to adquire BloodLust+3
He lost growing fury, and he needs some few more features, so I think that this addition (not in RPG) could be of help.
In my opinion, growing fury +1 on an attack with less than 5 strikes is just a waste of UI space.
IPS wrote: November 25th, 2023, 6:38 pm
ABOUT UNIT FEEDBACK, please provide me your opinion in all these cases (will exclude removed from MP):

(...)

There are lots of other new units that were not invented by me, other cases like Mobile Defense Tower which were revamped (just a bit) to avoid having 5 different attacks ALL of the same damage type. This the end of my report of ALL suggested units by me in like 4 to 6 years (if not more?) of EOMA.

I also want to be sure, which are considered the best creations, as few last ones were declined and well, just realized recently that EOMA was having some complaints in other aspects than just balance.
If I had to rank them in my own opinion:
personal favorites: Elemental Archer, Battlecopter (despite the seemingly modern concept it fits surprisingly well imo), Brown Warrior, Trench Sweeper (slightly biased in favor of him since I came up with the name while you came up with concept)
good: atokpis, Technologist, Chainlady, lvl3 salamanders, various kharos lvl3s, fire swordsman (very rare case of berserk with a magical element), terramancer, goblin invader, goblin shamans (except wizard)
okay: temple guard, chieftain, pain sphere, pain mistress, bone splitter
meh: harbinger/doom bringer
black portal: don't have much of an opinion on it yet
Last edited by ForestDragon on November 26th, 2023, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

ForestDragon wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:07 pm Not a big fan of having multiple accuracy specials on one attack.
Same here. We should avoid things like these from now on.
ForestDragon wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:07 pm I don't think it's really fair to balance the era around mods when not even default is really balanced with xp mod in mind (like thunderer).
Exactly. Of course I think that we should at least fix some of the most game-breaking things here, but I don't want to sacrifice that classic EoMa feel because some people use mod X/Y.
ForestDragon wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:07 pm About Matriarch of Emptiness, I believe her survivability is the main op thing rather than the measly 12-1 secret attack (If I wanted to use/abuse secret damage, there's plenty of much better options to pick in the era already). I believe her current regen + 8 ability is overkill given that she already has drain/amazing resists. I think it would be reasonable to nerf it from +8 to +6 (I would argue the impact of that is just as heavy as the ranged accuracy buff in most conditions if not more)
Yeah, nerfing that regen from +8 to +6 or +5, could make a big difference.
IPS wrote: November 25th, 2023, 6:38 pm ABOUT UNIT FEEDBACK, please provide me your opinion in all these cases
IPS, so you're telling me it was you who suggested Elemental Archer and Brown Warrior? I though these units have been part of EoMa since... forever :shock: :mrgreen: This is of course a compliment - the design of both units is so great, that they feel like they've always been there. :)

My personal favorites from the list: Elemental Archer, Brown Warrior, Goblin Raider (I also love this unit, it is great - all Goblins are cool), Battlecopter, Chainlady (originally part of the classic EoMa 1.0, the unit made a great comeback) and Pain Mistress.
The units that are not so good imo and may require some redesign in the future: Harbiner/Doom Bringer (I think their low popularity may be a result of their current appearance - they look vastly different than Maras and that may confuse some people), Dwarvish Cadet/Soldier (now Commando) (these units either should be removed or completely redesigned from scratch as they stand out too much from other units, imo), Technologists/Technocrats (while the general concept is good, I think the units may require better, more steampunk-ish sprites in the future), Mobile Defensive Platforms (they look too similar to dwarvish tanks and require better sprites + I am not sure if these units are really that essential for the faction).
Other units: they seem fine.

Btw, here's the updated unit count table:
eoma-unit-count-table-4.4.gif

We will probably remove Goblin Wizard in the next 4.5 update to make room for Cyclops Mages, but this has not been confirmed yet. It will all depend on how much new cyclopes overlap with Goblin Wizard. If they turn out to be quite unique, then maybe the goblin will stay. It's hard to tell now (I really like Goblin Wizard, ngl).
Golem lvl3 will probably be ready for 4.5 or 4.6. I think the faction deserves a tanky melee specialist.
Fire Priestess lvl2 and lvl2 is considered a potential candidate for a non-arcane magic DPS specialist for the Kharos faction. She will probably arrive in the 4.6 update.
Master Banisher will appear much later, maybe in 4.7 or 4.8. He will be accompanied by an an enigmatic Dimensional Gate 3.The existence of DG3s was already hinted in TLU, so this shouldn't be a big surprise. Still not sure if the unit should be unlocked for MP, though.
Lvl4 Wyvern is a potential candidate for the 3rd lvl4 for Darkblooded. The unit is not confirmed yet. If you have better ideas for a better lvl4 unit for that faction, let us know.
ForestDragon has also suggested 2 lvl3s for units currently capped at lvl2: Carpet Master and Chainlady. I'd like to know your opinion about this idea. There are lots of units already suggested and as Hejnewar pointed out: "sometimes less is more".
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

Yeah technologist can be redisgned in artistic way, to be more steampunk and less futiristic. The plasma riffle can be also changed to some type of flamethower or idk.

Commando can just get reworked in some attacks or ranged be something more different to not overlap with mainline. I think it's not necessary the removal of that unit, just thinking how to adapt it more. Maybeeeee lv2 and lv3 commandos can be more hybrid fither but less melee or no idea, or becoming into hit and run adaptable in multiple terrains.

Mobile Defense sprite looks sincerely more like an experiment or protype of runemaster at makign a new weapon, rather than mainline/mass produced. Just keep that sprite for some new (NOT MULTIPLAYER) unit , same as if commando gets removed.

I've been thinking that could be a good idea to Add a lv3 to Awaken and use that arcane arrow attack FROM mystical archer to this new lv3, this would help just a bit, horses got more bulk and more HP and that unit has got ALL attack types except blade in one unit XDDDD

Yeah, Kharos needs a fire DPS mainline, featuring more HP and maybe keeping most of same damages of other line but just being another damage type. Compared to red mages they could be tankier but less hard DPS mage, so it could be quite interesting. The idea I got for them is about being 20-30% fire resssistant , 9-3 fire ranged and like 48 HP and maybe 5-2 melee but unit would be feauturing mid/high HP for mage standards. Kharos is not a fire damage type, even 9-3 and 48 HP is a decent addition to kharos for lv2 armies , they're specially good againist dwarven machines as the other option really do terrible againist dwarf mech. Lv3 can be something more ... special... to keep EOMA element intact about having more epic lv3's , featuring multiple attacks and even heat aura? IDK , something cool in lv3 !!! but I propose making lv2 sun prirestess be a regular/ok unit that pumps into something that becomes special on Lv3.

And also propossing about considering an idea for lv3 Awaken , to give some decent physical ranged archer for kharos, as javalineers and level up are hybrid fighters. Even Protector can level up into Bulwark , so I guess it's fine that the ressurrecting unit gets a lv3 too, but instead of being something rare that has good both melee and ranged, focusing more in RANGED damage and decrease blade melee (to 8-2?) but bow becoming 9-3 and with magic arrow of 2 strikes to differenciate more from Mistress of Light. And keeping most of her elements like walking in water and better tankyness than the other option. Kharos does not need more blade melee, they need a decent lv2 physical ranged.

ChainLady looks like she needs to lv3, because it feels boring she has lv2 cap. But I got no ideas for her stats right now.

So that's my opinion for now, I guess I got nothing important to mention until I do tests with the new balance changes.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 7:01 amCommando can just get reworked in some attacks or ranged be something more different to not overlap with mainline. I think it's not necessary the removal of that unit, just thinking how to adapt it more. Maybeeeee lv2 and lv3 commandos can be more hybrid fither but less melee or no idea, or becoming into hit and run adaptable in multiple terrains.
In terms of gameplay, leaning harder on ranged combat does make sense (it should probably also not be a 1-strike ranged to avoid too much similarity with main branch). Maybe sword could even get replaced by a different weapon

In non-gameplay aspects, the units need a rename and an art redesign as in my opinion.
IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 7:01 am I've been thinking that could be a good idea to Add a lv3 to Awaken and use that arcane arrow attack FROM mystical archer to this new lv3, this would help just a bit, horses got more bulk and more HP and that unit has got ALL attack types except blade in one unit XDDDD

And also propossing about considering an idea for lv3 Awaken , to give some decent physical ranged archer for kharos, as javalineers and level up are hybrid fighters. Even Protector can level up into Bulwark , so I guess it's fine that the ressurrecting unit gets a lv3 too, but instead of being something rare that has good both melee and ranged, focusing more in RANGED damage and decrease blade melee (to 8-2?) but bow becoming 9-3 and with magic arrow of 2 strikes to differenciate more from Mistress of Light. And keeping most of her elements like walking in water and better tankyness than the other option. Kharos does not need more blade melee, they need a decent lv2 physical ranged.
Personally I disagree with the idea of turning inspired into a DPS unit. If players need a ranged piercer they have elemental archer's 8-3 marksman attack or javelineer's 12-2. more raw DPS will be provided by the new priestesses instead.
IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 7:01 am Yeah, Kharos needs a fire DPS mainline, featuring more HP and maybe keeping most of same damages of other line but just being another damage type. Compared to red mages they could be tankier but less hard DPS mage, so it could be quite interesting. The idea I got for them is about being 20-30% fire resssistant , 9-3 fire ranged and like 48 HP and maybe 5-2 melee but unit would be feauturing mid/high HP for mage standards. Kharos is not a fire damage type, even 9-3 and 48 HP is a decent addition to kharos for lv2 armies , they're specially good againist dwarven machines as the other option really do terrible againist dwarf mech. Lv3 can be something more ... special... to keep EOMA element intact about having more epic lv3's , featuring multiple attacks and even heat aura? IDK , something cool in lv3 !!! but I propose making lv2 sun prirestess be a regular/ok unit that pumps into something that becomes special on Lv3.
I already wrote some stats for the new units (won't spoil too much here on the forums but you can ask inferno8 to send them to you), but given Kharos's below-average ranged DPS overall and already a high number of tanks, I am leaning a bit harder into the DPS role of the unit, with my current proposed lvl2 damage being 8-4 like red mage (interesting enough 8-4 is a damage/strikes combo only used on melee units in eoma, while being a lot more common in mainline. having a 4-strike attack will also make her more distinct from her tharis counterpart's (Dark Wizard) 11-3 cold chaotic attack) but hp is lower than in your proposed version.
IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 7:01 am ChainLady looks like she needs to lv3, because it feels boring she has lv2 cap.
Agreed
IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 7:01 amSo that's my opinion for now, I guess I got nothing important to mention until I do tests with the new balance changes.
Speaking of balance changes, what do you think would be a fair small buff to Golem if we were to remove magic counter from its melee attack? Or would the unit be mostly fine without needing to compensate the nerf (plus the unit line is likely going to get a lvl3 in next update and lvl2 will be nerfed)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Awake is totally unique and quite powerful, levelup is not needed.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Frontliner lost first-strike in attack that had it and in combination of bleed it's a signifcant nerf.

What about making lv2 Frontliner have Pain-aborbtion(+1) in pierce attack? and the pierce attack reworked from 7-3 to 6-4 so it can bleed more easily its victims. Having this special in an attack instead of the aura is weaker because it only depends in unit's own damages.

Lv3 Adquiring same +Pain-absorbtion-personal-aura(+1) but also in PIERCE attack having the feature +Pain-absorb(+1) as well.

I kinda agree about decreasing regen value on matriarch f emtpyness , for a trully skilled player that won't do much of difference, but unit exploiters to demand more skill, I like it.

Pain-Mistress and Matriarch of pains both lossing first-strike in ranged considering the lot of healing that brings is a singificant nerf to that line. So
- Pain Mistress HP to 46 (+2) and another -2 XP for lv3.
- Matriarch of Pain HP to 57 (+1) , blade ressistance to 15% (+5%)

Other units that lost first-strike in attacks that will get something in return.
- Aeromancer HP to 39 (+1) , XP to 84 (-2)
- Master of Air HP to 51 (+1)
- Terramancer HP to 47 (+1) , price to 27g (-1g)
Purchased terramancer is not as good as Elementalist with correct traits leveled into it, so it's the reason of the price drop.

- Master of Earth price to 54g (-1g)
- Guru of Magic impact ressistance to 45% (+5%)

- Steamcopter XP to 84 (-6)

LV4 AMLA VALLES ADJUSTMENT :shock:

Similar to lv3, now I'm tiering lv4 with different AMLA values depending the mount of specials and unit tier !! :shock: ... as we know a Lv4 is a stronger version of a Lv3 but not all lv4 have same strength!!! so for more fairness specially in survival scenarios, certain units will require more or less XP to AMLA. My criteria will be following this:
1) Mount of specials/attack diversity , a more complete lv4 that suits in more situations or that provides better value in battlefield will require higher XP to AMLA
2) Ressistances: This second will be among most important criteria to consider.
3) Health: in minor grade, not as much as the other previously mentioned.

So let's start with values.
- Barbarian King AMLA XP to 175 (-25)
- Dark Apostle AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Abadon AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Kirios AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Runemaster AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Guru of Magic AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Chronomancer AMLA XP to 200 (+50) , fixing error by inconsistency.
- Mystical Jinn AMLA XP to 233 (+33)

Barbarian King is the least popular of all lv4.
Apostle and Abbadon are strong in ressistances and specials.
Kirios has high magic ressista and high HP.
Runemaster has fair 70 high HP as a mage and very complete unit in overall.
Guru of Magic is among sturdiest mages in all EOMA.
Chnoromancer back to lv4 AMLAvalue
Mystical Jinn is very likely the most complete unit in the whole era.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 8:17 pm Frontliner lost first-strike in attack that had it and in combination of bleed it's a signifcant nerf.

What about making lv2 Frontliner have Pain-aborbtion(+1) in pierce attack? and the pierce attack reworked from 7-3 to 6-4 so it can bleed more easily its victims. Having this special in an attack instead of the aura is weaker because it only depends in unit's own damages.

Lv3 Adquiring same +Pain-absorbtion-personal-aura(+1) but also in PIERCE attack having the feature +Pain-absorb(+1) as well.
I don't think adding pain absorption on the unit is really needed. If we want to make the frontliners better in survivability, what about bumping up the bloodlust heal values a bit instead? (that way they will be better at healing than the more fragile Dark Slayer branch). I think it's usually better to have fewer but more powerful abilities instead of many weak ones if possible.
IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 8:17 pm Pain-Mistress and Matriarch of pains both lossing first-strike in ranged considering the lot of healing that brings is a singificant nerf to that line. So
- Pain Mistress HP to 46 (+2) and another -2 XP for lv3.
- Matriarch of Pain HP to 57 (+1) , blade ressistance to 15% (+5%)

Other units that lost first-strike in attacks that will get something in return.
- Aeromancer HP to 39 (+1) , XP to 84 (-2)
- Master of Air HP to 51 (+1)
- Terramancer HP to 47 (+1) , price to 27g (-1g)
Purchased terramancer is not as good as Elementalist with correct traits leveled into it, so it's the reason of the price drop.

- Master of Earth price to 54g (-1g)
- Guru of Magic impact ressistance to 45% (+5%)

- Steamcopter XP to 84 (-6)
I like most of these ideas, but I am not really sure why you suggest Guru should get +5% impact. I'm assuming the general idea of buffing guru is to compensate for magic counter removal, but I don't think magic impact units were really a huge issue for Guru with his 40% resistance. Plus it ruins the current consistent "40% physical, 30% magical" pattern for Guru in my opinion.
IPS wrote: November 27th, 2023, 8:17 pm LV4 AMLA VALLES ADJUSTMENT :shock:

Similar to lv3, now I'm tiering lv4 with different AMLA values depending the mount of specials and unit tier !! :shock: ... as we know a Lv4 is a stronger version of a Lv3 but not all lv4 have same strength!!! so for more fairness specially in survival scenarios, certain units will require more or less XP to AMLA. My criteria will be following this:
1) Mount of specials/attack diversity , a more complete lv4 that suits in more situations or that provides better value in battlefield will require higher XP to AMLA
2) Ressistances: This second will be among most important criteria to consider.
3) Health: in minor grade, not as much as the other previously mentioned.

So let's start with values.
- Barbarian King AMLA XP to 175 (-25)
- Dark Apostle AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Abadon AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Kirios AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Runemaster AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Guru of Magic AMLA XP to 225 (+25)
- Chronomancer AMLA XP to 200 (+50) , fixing error by inconsistency.
- Mystical Jinn AMLA XP to 233 (+33)

Barbarian King is the least popular of all lv4.
Apostle and Abbadon are strong in ressistances and specials.
Kirios has high magic ressista and high HP.
Runemaster has fair 70 high HP as a mage and very complete unit in overall.
Guru of Magic is among sturdiest mages in all EOMA.
Chnoromancer back to lv4 AMLAvalue
Mystical Jinn is very likely the most complete unit in the whole era.
Seems okay.
IPS

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.4 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by IPS »

Some few more additions for 4.5 before its release, let's start with them.

- Barbarian Lord HP increase to 73 (+3) , ranged damage decrease to 8-2
It still hurts so much at ranged, and also extra HP will help him at being a better melee fighter.

- Goblin raider split fire damage increase to 10-2
In compensation of lossing first-strike in its main attack.

- Temple Guard fire/cold ressistances to 30% (-5%)
In 4.4 they got massive buff and overall rework, so now I nerf the buff :lol:

- Shadow Salamander will now have Bloodlust+2
It got seriously nerfed at lossing a lot of attack specials in previous version, let's just buff a bit.

- Prophet of Light will now have +Very-skilled in the 11-3 attack instead of magical , Dazzling attack damage decrease to 16-1
So it's a buff, 70% or higher in the middle attack with strikes and damage. The one strike attack got massively buffed so let's now decrease damage as intention is not to server an offensive attack but instead as a debuffer attack.

- Platinium Warior AMLA XP to 166 (+16)
Brown Warrior now levels up into him a lot earlier, its payback is at AMLA XP increase.

- Master of Air 11-3 attack will now be very-skilled instead of magical.
Elemental specialists in sky kingdom will get slightly better accuracy if enemies on very bad defense, at being specialists in their own element.

- Master of Water 10-3 cold attack will now be very skilled instead of magical.
These attacks appart of having a magical component, it also has a physical component, which master of each element can apply in their favour, thing that master mage or master of elements cannot because they freaking master FOUR elements :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Master of Fire 11-4 fire attack will now be very skilled instead of magical

No buff of this type for Master of Earth, as they more than being employed in war very often, they are more often used to guard sky kingdom caves, floating island maintenance or used for other stuff, but rarely seen in war times.

- Um AMLA XP increase to 175 (+9) . because of previous damage buffs.
- Shadow Mage HP to 55 (+1)

- Earth God stun attack damage increase to 20-2

- Fire Avatar XP to 95 (-5) , it doesn't feel as strong as it used to be because of more of heat ressistant units in the era (and in ageless)
- Rhami Datu XP to 107 (-7) , it's so rare to see people leveling them to lv3.

- Great Hunter will now gain Nocturnal Regeneraion+2

- Matriarch of emptyness ranged damage decreaes to 11-1
As in compesation of her increase hit accuracy in ranged , combined of some regeneration nerf.

That might be all for now.
ForestDragon

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.4 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Barbarian Lord HP increase to 73 (+3) , ranged damage decrease to 8-2
It still hurts so much at ranged, and also extra HP will help him at being a better melee fighter.
Seems reasonable
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Goblin raider split fire damage increase to 10-2
In compensation of lossing first-strike in its main attack.
I don't really think it makes much sense to have him be better at split-firing than Saurian Assassin. What about something like buffing crossbow main attack from 11-3 to 12-3 instead? the faction doesn't have all that much reliable ranged DPS at the moment so this should help a bit.
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Temple Guard fire/cold ressistances to 30% (-5%)
In 4.4 they got massive buff and overall rework, so now I nerf the buff :lol:
The unit doesn't really seem that OP to me at least. it's kinda like a Solar Guardian sidegrade with much weaker resists and no ranged, +1 mp, magic counter and melee arcane
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Shadow Salamander will now have Bloodlust+2
It got seriously nerfed at lossing a lot of attack specials in previous version, let's just buff a bit.
buffing the unit makes sense, but Bloodlust 3 or even bloodlust 4 would be more noticeable imo.
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Platinium Warior AMLA XP to 166 (+16)
Brown Warrior now levels up into him a lot earlier, its payback is at AMLA XP increase.
Seems completely unnecessary in my opinion. Platnium warrior is just a standard frontliner. Brown warrior was simply xp-overpriced for a simple melee unit and I buffed him accordingly, simple as that.
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Master of Air 11-3 attack will now be very-skilled instead of magical.
Elemental specialists in sky kingdom will get slightly better accuracy if enemies on very bad defense, at being specialists in their own element.

- Master of Water 10-3 cold attack will now be very skilled instead of magical.
These attacks appart of having a magical component, it also has a physical component, which master of each element can apply in their favour, thing that master mage or master of elements cannot because they freaking master FOUR elements :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Master of Fire 11-4 fire attack will now be very skilled instead of magical

No buff of this type for Master of Earth, as they more than being employed in war very often, they are more often used to guard sky kingdom caves, floating island maintenance or used for other stuff, but rarely seen in war times.
Really not a fan of using very skilled to replace magical for normal mages. Being able to hit low-defense units reliably if one of the few advantages non-mages get. If the mages in question are underpowered there's plenty of other stats that can be adjusted.
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Prophet of Light will now have +Very-skilled in the 11-3 attack instead of magical , Dazzling attack damage decrease to 16-1
So it's a buff, 70% or higher in the middle attack with strikes and damage. The one strike attack got massively buffed so let's now decrease damage as intention is not to server an offensive attack but instead as a debuffer attack.
Same as above, I really don't like the idea of using very skilled as a simple replacement of magical. As for 16-1 I guess I am a bit more neutral, but if such a nerf is to be implemented, the compensating buff should be something that isn't very skilled on magical attacks.
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Um AMLA XP increase to 175 (+9) . because of previous damage buffs.
- Shadow Mage HP to 55 (+1)
Seems reasonable
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Earth God stun attack damage increase to 20-2
Hmmm... this would make the AI usually avoid the 13-3 aoe attack, so not really sure about this buff idea.
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Fire Avatar XP to 95 (-5) , it doesn't feel as strong as it used to be because of more of heat ressistant units in the era (and in ageless)
- Rhami Datu XP to 107 (-7) , it's so rare to see people leveling them to lv3.
95xp fire avatar makes sense. Rhamis are definitely a bit overpriced in terms of xp at the moment. I think we can take the idea a bit further:
-rhami datu: xp 114 > 105
-rhami kai: xp 107 > 100
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Great Hunter will now gain Nocturnal Regeneraion+2
Seems reasonable
IPS wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:40 pm - Matriarch of emptyness ranged damage decreaes to 11-1
As in compesation of her increase hit accuracy in ranged , combined of some regeneration nerf.
Personally I still don't see the problem in a 12-1 ranged magical attack on a lvl3
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.5 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 4.5 is now available!
eoma_4.5_promo.gif
eoma_4.5_promo.gif (490.66 KiB) Viewed 6677 times

This exciting new release brings forth a multitude of fresh features, improvements, and enhancements to elevate your gaming experience.

3 New Units:
We've added two new Kharosian units: a Level 2 Fire Priestess and a Level 3 Fire Templar, specialized in dealing heavy ranged damage which the faction lacked. To obtain them, you can upgrade your Level 1 Cleric by choosing the fire branch instead of the light branch during leveling.

"Fire Priestess is a devout servant of the Order of Fire, a mystical sect known for harnessing the raw power of flame to annihilate their enemies. The order itself has existed for a long time, being founded during Kharos's unification wars, but was few in number for most of its history. However, that changed after the start of the Tharis invasion of Kharos.

Many former Clerics began flocking to the order in droves seeking vengeance, many of them having lost comrades or loved ones to the dark horde. Realizing that the kindness of the Light is too soft to deal with the merciless threat, they instead embrace the Sun's righteous fury. Rather than specializing in healing their comrades like Bishops do, Fire Priestesses believe that the best way to save lives is to vaporize an enemy before he is able to wound or kill anyone.

With a flick of her wrist, a Fire Priestess can summon waves of burning fury to engulf her enemies, reducing them to ash and smoke. Her eyes burn bright with holy fervor, her heart consumed by the fire of righteousness. For her, there is no greater honor than defending her kin and faith with every breath, every swing of her blade and every fireball launched at enemies of Kharos."

Both units were suggested by ForestDragon who has also written the Fire Priestess description. Congratulations!

The Titan Golem is an absolute game-changer when it comes to Sky Kingdom's security measures. As a level 3 Golem, it packs a massive punch, able to deal incredible amounts of damage with its charges. But that's not all – it can also unleash a devastating shockwave attack that wipes out entire groups of enemies. Perfect for taking control of crowds. And with its enhanced titan reactive armor, this behemoth offers unmatched protection against both magic and physical attacks among the Sky Kingdom's ranks.

New Gameplay Mode: RPG (Unbalanced):
Can't beat a specific RPG survival? Experiment with a novel gameplay experience by playing through RPG scenarios with unmodified unit statistics and specials. That's right - in this mode you will have access to powerful and normally disabled abilities like "summon". Although this mode offers easier progression, be aware that certain abilities may (and will) disrupt scenario coherence or affect match outcomes drastically. Approach with caution and only use it in non-competitive settings.

Carpet Master Custom AMLAs:
carpetrider-amlas.jpg
Our recent collaboration with ForestDragon has led to a significant overhaul of this esteemed unit. Carpet Master can now boast a plethora of intriguing After Max Level Advancements (AMLAs) designed to add depth and variety to your playstyle. Choose from up to five innovative upgrades, such as "Hit and Run 2," increased attack damage, or additional strikes. These enhancements will undoubtedly come in handy during the To Lands Unknown campaign, offering a fresh layer of strategy and excitement to your gameplay experience. Get ready to unleash the full potential the unit!

Pain Mistress Rework:
Originally suggested/designed by IPS, the unit branch has been revamped by ForestDragon. Now the unit's pain absorption is more powerful (lvl2 gets pain absorption aura 1 instead of melee special, while lvl3 has pain absorption aura 2 instead of aura 1) making it worth strategizing around the ability. To make the unit more distinct from the main witch branch, instead of being a fire+drain attack, it's now a drainless impact attack (but with 1 more strike/better lvl3 accuracy to compensate). Now that she longer drains other units' health, she instead relies on her improved pain absorption auras to sustain herself. The units are now a bit sturdier too, lvl3's melee attack trades lesser revenge/magic counter for the skilled special instead, and lvl3 matriarch is now even able to summon Pain Spheres. ForestDragon has also created unique new ranged attack animations for the Pain Mistress. With these updates, the Pain Mistress is set to become a force to be reckoned with, offering players a fresh and exciting new way to engage in strategic warfare.

Dark Portal Line Rework:
We've overhauled the Dark Portal line to be more distinct from one another, introducing new abilities while phasing out unnecessary ones. "chaos channeling" ability and the Chaotic Observer unit have been removed in favor of direct buffs to the portals themselves. Black Portal now has a more usable 8-3 secret anti-shield attack instead of the laughable 6-3 cold, along with a few other tweaks to make the unit better in offense, but healing has been reduced from 8 to 5, to make the unit more distinct from Infernal Vortex. And the Infernal Vortex itself can now summon Nightmares, further solidifying it role as the support branch.

New Visual Effects - Damaged Golems:
We're excited to share an experimental visual improvement for damaged golems. When a golem takes significant damage, you'll notice something new – visible cracks appear in their armor, and they enter a special standing animation where their armor is repaired through magical means. These "wounded" animations are experimental and I may add them to other units in the future. Let us know what you think about them.

New unit descriptions:
New unit descriptions for Barbarian Lord, Blood Warrior, Cyclops Brute, Cyclops Goliath, Cyclops Warmonger, Goblin Archer, Roc Master, Constructor, Dwarvish Gunner, Mechanical Wyrm, Pacificator, Steam Turboserker, Mirrorshield, Blademaster, Corrupted Hydra, Dark Slayer, Hellish Hydra have been added. These descriptive passages, crafted by ForestDragon, will immerse you further in the Era of Magic universe, offering insights into each unit's background and purpose.
But that's not all! ForestDragon has also hidden a captivating short story within the units' files, detailing the origins of Mirrorshield's legendary title. All Sky Kingdom fans should definitely check it out.

Improved Unit Descriptions:
Cyclops Breaker, Bishop, Cleric, Fire Swordsman, Mistress of Light, Silver Warrior, Dark Hunter, Hydra have received refined descriptions. Enjoy learning more about these interesting units and their roles.

Summoning Updates:
Infernal Vortex can now summon Nightmares, granting you access to additional offensive capabilities. Meanwhile, Golden Mage can call upon Battle Eyes, reinforcing your defenses and providing valuable intel on enemy movements. Master of Darkness and Matriarch of Pain possess updated summoning abilities, enabling them to conjure Storm Spheres and Pain Spheres, respectively. Don't forget to adjust your strategy accordingly, taking advantage of these newfound possibilities.

Bug Fixes and Balance Changes:
Fixed a critical bug that prevented Bloodlust from working at all in most cases, and the Scavenger ability not working not working if there was already a unit with a different tier of the ability.
Additionally, we've fine-tuned various unit stats (with help from both ForestDragon and IPS), removing some redundant specials, and redistributing damage types to foster greater balance throughout the ranks. We believe these tweaks will contribute to a more harmonious and fair experience.

What's next?
Expect the upcoming 2023 EoMa Summary, which will be published shortly and contain interesting data regarding the add-on. In the coming weeks I will also share my vision for the future of the EoMa universe through a comprehensive roadmap that showcases my plans for its continued growth and development.
Additionally, the EoMa Multiplayer 2023 Report is expected to be made available midway through January, providing valuable insights into the popularity of factions and serving as a guide for further add-on development in the coming months.

Cyclops Mages are expected to arrive in Q1 of 2024. Following a discussion with ForestDragon, we have revised the design of these units to avoid any potential overlap with existing Barbarians faction units. We are excited to share more details on their concept and gameplay features in the coming weeks.

Special Thanks:
I would like to extend my gratitude to ForestDragon, who undoubtedly deserves the title of 'EoMa Contributor of the Year.' :D His tireless efforts, extensive knowledge, and commitment to the community have been truly inspiring. ForestDragon has contributed an impressive 80% of the recent content for EoMa versions 4.4 and 4.5, showcasing his exceptional dedication to the project. Over the past five years, he has also provided valuable suggestions for improving the add-on. He's also the author of iconic "EoMa jokes". I am very grateful for his unwavering support. :)

I'd also like to thank IPS for his detailed balance suggestions. IPS also proposed 6 new units for the era in 2023 including Divine Executor, Trench Sweeper, Bone Splitter, Pain Sphere, Savage Roc Rider and Orcish Brawler. Thank you so much for making the world of EoMa so diverse. :D

New EoMa Jokes:
That's right :D - we have a brand new portion of EoMa jokes for all Era of Magic fans to enjoy:
New EoMa jokes (click to enlarge)
eomajoke_new6.png
eomajoke_new7.png
eomajoke_new9.png
eomajoke_new8.png
If you like Era of Magic and wish to support the development of the add-on further, you can do so at:
https://ko-fi.com/inferno8

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 4.5
 ### Gameplay
   * added 3 new units: Fire Priestess (lvl2), Fire Templar (lvl3), Titan Golem (lvl3)
   * new gameplay mode: RPG (unbalanced)
   * Carpet Master now has custom AMLAs
   * removed Chaotic Observer from MP
 ### Units
   * Barbarians:
     * Barbarian King: XP from 200 to 175
     * Barbarian Lord: hitpoints from 70 to 73; decreased ranged blade attack damage from 9-2 to 8-2
     * Blood Warrior: renamed the pierce melee attack name from 'dagger' to 'blades'
     * Goblin Druid: cost from 33 to 31; now heals +6 instead of +5
     * Goblin Raider: increased ranged pierce attack from 11-3 to 12-3
     * Goblin Shaman: cost from 17 to 16; now heals +4 instead of +5
     * Goblin Warbanner: changed the 'spear throw' attack damage type from blade to pierce
     * Goblin Wizard: movepoints from 5 to 6; cost from 36 to 34; increased ranged impact attack damage from 12-2 to 13-2; increased ranged cold attack damage from 10-2 to 11-2
   * Darkblood Alliance:
     * Shadow Salamander: now has bloodlust +3
   * Destroyers:
     * Abaddon: XP from 200 to 225
     * Apocalypse: changed the 'devour' attack damage type from fire to secret, added the anti-shield weapon special
     * Atokpi Charger: now has 'kill and run +2'; increased ranged pierce attack damage from 10-2 to 11-2, replaced 'precision (cumulative)' with 'greater marksman'
     * Atokpi Infantry: increased the ranged pierce attack damage from 12-1 to 13-1, removed the 'skilled' weapon special
     * Black Portal: increased melee fire attack damage from 13-1 to 14-1, replaced the 'revenge' special with 'very skilled', increased the 'swallow' value from 2 to 3; changed the 'dark ball' attack damage type from cold to secret, increased damage from 6-3 to 8-3, removed 'first strike', added the 'anti-shield' weapon special, reduced 'undead heal' value from 8 to 5; removed the 'chaos channeling' ability;
     * Crimson Atokpi: hitpoints from 60 to 62; changed 'bloodlust' value from 6 to 8; changed ranged pierce attack damage from 15-1 to 18-1, replaced 'precision (offensive)' and 'skilled' specials with 'greater marksman'
     * Dark Apostle: XP from 200 to 225; changed the 'devour' attack damage type from fire to secret, changed damage from 36-1 to 30-1, added the 'anti-shield' weapon special
     * Dark Portal: hitpoints from 33 to 35; removed the 'chaos channeling' ability
     * Doom Bringer: changed 'nocturnal regeneration' value from 7 to 8; removed the 'summon' ability; removed the 'skilled' special from the ranged impact attack
     * Harbriner: XP from 107 to 90
     * Infernal Vortex: hitpoints from 50 to 52; now can summon Nightmares; removed the 'chaos channeling' ability; increased melee fire attack damage from 17-1 to 18-1
   * Kharos:
     * Bishop: renamed the 6-4 'lightbeam' attack to 'missile'
     * Kirios: XP from 200 to 225
     * Prophet of Light: renamed the 7-5 'lightbeam' attack to 'missile
   * Runemasters:
     * Mechanical Wyrm: XP from 220 to 215
     * Rune Artist: replaced 'magical (offensive)' and 'enchanted' specials with 'magical'
     * Runemaster: XP from 200 to 225; replaced 'magical (offensive)' and 'enchanted' specials with 'magical'
     * Runemaster (runeaura variant): increase fire, cold and arcane resistances from 55% to 65%; increased melee attack damage from 18-1 to 26-1
     * Steamcopter: XP from 90 to 84
     * Technocrat: replaced 'greater marksman' with 'very skilled' for the grenade attack
     * Technologist: replaced 'marksman' with 'skilled' for the grenade attack
   * Sky Kingdom:
     * Aeoromancer: hitpoints from 38 to 39; XP from 86 to 84
     * Chronomancer: XP from 150 to 200
     * Cosmic Eye: removed the 'precision (offensive)' special from the melee attack and 'reality warp' attack; removed 'lesser revenge' from the 'reality warp' attack, added the 'magical' special
     * Golden Mage: now can summon Battle Eyes
     * Golem: XP from 54 to 52; removed the 'magic dodge' (formerly 'magic counter (offensive)') special from the melee attack
     * Guru of Magic: XP from 200 to 225
     * Hydromancer: replaced the 'enchanted' special with 'skilled for the ranged pierce attack, decreased number of strikes by 1 from 8 to 7
     * Master Mage: replaced 'magical (offensive)' and 'enchanted' specials with 'magical' for the ranged arcane attack
     * Master of Air: hitpoints from 50 to 51
     * Master of Earth: cost from 55 to 54
     * Master of Elements: changed summon costs (they are now identical to those of Grand Summoner); replaced 'magical (offensive)' and 'enchanted' specials with 'magical' for the ranged arcane attack
     * Master of Water: changed 'water regeneration' value from 4 to 6; replaced the 'enchanted' special with 'skilled' for the ranged pierce attack, changed damage from 4-9 to 3-10
     * Shadow Mage: hitpoints from 54 to 55
     * Terramancer: hitpoints from 46 to 47; cost from 28 to 27
     * Um: XP from 166 to 175
     * War Golem: hitpoints from 55 to 58; XP from 100 to 95; changed fire/cold/arcane resistance from 55% to 30%/50%/50%; removed the 'magic dodge' (formerly 'magic counter (offensive)') special from the melee attack; decreased ranged attack damage from 6-3 to 5-3
   * Summoners:
     * Air God:  replaced 'magical (offensive)' and 'enchanted' specials with 'magical' for the ranged Impact attack
     * Fire Avatar: XP from 100 to 95
     * Mystical Jinni: XP from 200 to 233
     * Rhami'datu: XP from 114 to 105
     * Rhami'kai: XP from 107 to 100
     * Water God: increased water (and frozen) regeneration values by 2
   * Tharis:
     * Chainlady: XP from 100 to 80
     * Crimson Blade: changed the 'bloodlust' ability value from 4 to 6
     * Frontliner: changed the 'bloodlust' ability value from 3 to 4
     * Great Hunter: now has 'nocturnal regeneration +2'
     * Great Warlock: summoning Dark Observer costs 2g less (16g)
     * Master of Darkness: now can summon Storm Spheres summoning Dark Observer costs 4g less (12g)
     * Matriarch of Emptiness: now renegerates +6hp instead of +8
     * Matriarch of Pain: now can summon 'Pain Spheres' hitpoints from 56 to 57; increased blade resistace from 10% to 15%; increased 'pain absorption aura' value by 1; removed 'magic counter' 'drain' and 'lesser revenge' from all attacks; added the 'skilled' special to the 'whip' attack; changed the 'pain' attack damage type from fire to impact, replaced the 'skilled' special with 'very skilled', increased the number of strikes by 1
     * Pain Mistress: now has 'pain absorption +1' aura; hitpoints from 44 to 46; XP from 90 to 88; removed 'pain absorption' and 'drain' specials from all attacks; changed the 'pain' attack damage type from fire to impact, increased the number of strikes by 1
 ### Abilities
   * renamed 'magic counter (offensive)' to 'magic dodge'
   * chronoaura (active) effects now stack with passive chronoaura bonuses
 ### Graphics
   * add special standing animations for damaged golems
   * improved Bishop / Prophet of Light missile attack animation
   * improved Pain Mistress / Matriarch of Pain ranged attack animation (+new attack icons)
   * used fangs.png instead of head-hydra.png for the 'bite' attack
 ### Descriptions
   * added 17 new unit descriptions for: Barbarian Lord, Blood Warrior, Cyclops Brute, Cyclops Goliath, Cyclops Warmonger, Goblin Archer, Roc Master, Constructor, Dwarvish Gunner, Mechanical Wyrm, Pacificator, Steam Turboserker, Mirrorshield, Blademaster, Corrupted Hydra, Dark Slayer, Hellish Hydra
   * improved unit descriptions for: Cyclops Breaker, Bishop, Cleric, Fire Swordsman, Mistress of Light, Silver Warrior, Dark Hunter, Hydra
   * improved runeaura description
   * adjusted eoma rpg mode description to be more informative
 ### Code
   * fixed incorrect chronoaura ability filter
   * combined 'upgrade drone' abilities for units that have two upgrade modules, to save UI space
   * fixed Chainlady AMLA not increasing xp
   * fixed a critical bug than prevented bloodlust from working at all in most cases
   * fixed scavenger not working if there was already a unit with a different tier of scavenger ability
  ### Translations
   * updated EoMa_translation_template.pot and all .po files
   * updated the Polish translation
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
needmoreplayers

deleted

Post by needmoreplayers »

deleted
Last edited by needmoreplayers on December 25th, 2023, 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
ForestDragon

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.5 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by ForestDragon »

needmoreplayers wrote: December 13th, 2023, 1:59 am zombie map was tested and these errors happened

this is for the zombie map for 'era of magic' that 'to lands unknown' installs when 'to lands unknown' was added

mutiplayer > join offical server > zombie map

the few addons that were re-installed were all fine

this map specifically made these errors

(...)
Looking at the error list, it looks to me like the errors only seem to mention units from Legend of the Invincibles