Is it possible to beat the lost general

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kimosabi

Is it possible to beat the lost general

Post by kimosabi »

hey, I just started playing wesnoth a couple days ago and have become somewhat addicted ot it, but now I'm on the lost general and I'm sure I killed all of the enemy units (I'm at turn 17) and it won't end the level.... any help?
cynic

Re: Is it possible to beat the lost general

Post by cynic »

kimosabi wrote:hey, I just started playing wesnoth a couple days ago and have become somewhat addicted ot it, but now I'm on the lost general and I'm sure I killed all of the enemy units (I'm at turn 17) and it won't end the level.... any help?
Spoilers ahead!

There's two leaders on this map, the orc leader in the far west and the Lost General for which the map is named. The Lost General is in the lower right corner of the map. You can get to him by going to the bottom middle of the map, where you'll find a lake, and then go east to reach his castle. Or you can go south from the starting location, and if you keep going, the cave walls will tumble in, revealing another entrance on the right side.

Hope that helps.
kimosabi

not sure what to do....

Post by kimosabi »

I have the entire map that I can get to explored... it looks like there should be something in the bottom right but there's no way to get there....?
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Your units can wade into the water.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
cynic

Re: not sure what to do....

Post by cynic »

kimosabi wrote:I have the entire map that I can get to explored... it looks like there should be something in the bottom right but there's no way to get there....?
You can either wade through the water, or if you go to the bottom right corner of the map, you'll see some hexes with some funny looking doodads in them. Walk on those and you'll cause the walls to cave in (at least, it did in 6.99.5), allowed you to access the Lost General from the other side.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Personally, I'd wade into the water. If you send some strong units into the water first, you should be able to block the little gap the Undead pour through and fight two-to-one until the initial flood (and it is a flood) is depleted.
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

I like to attack from both side...and to take my time such as to level as many dwarf as possible since they willbe really needed in the next scenario. As far as I remember, last time I played, the tunnel from the lake open only around turn 20 with an earthquakee. I do the lost general only with recruited dwarf and a mage of light for healing/helping against too powerfull undead. I also keep Konrad nearby to give the leadership bonus. I split my troups into two teams, one against the orc and one against the undeads. The orcs usually dies first...sometime you can't even kill any because the allied dwarf kill everything.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
kimosabi

thanks for the help

Post by kimosabi »

yeah I just had to wiat for a couple more turns and an earthquake opened up.... thanks for the help!
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

You are good.. I created the scenario and I never thought that anybody could kill the orc leader in less than 20 turns... how wrong I was...
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

playing at easy (as I do) you're getting a bit confused when you don't find anymore enemies. Maybe the earthquake should be triggered if the orcs dies before turn 20?
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Hang on a second - the earthquake is a timed event, not an event triggered by wading into the waters?
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

WML has improved a boatload. Not all current events where avalaible then...and I was very inexperienced with it...
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Sangel wrote:Hang on a second - the earthquake is a timed event, not an event triggered by wading into the waters?
Yes.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience